New
Find
Notify
Tools

WOULD YOU SHOOT THIS DEER ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Spray paint "COW" on the sides of him with blaze orange paint.

It might buy him a befuddled pass from another hunter.

-nosualc

Beware the fury of an aroused democracy. -Ike

Posts: 124 | Location: land of sky blue waters | Registered: 30 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
shoot him! then you can hang him next to your trophy black lab Wink

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Mach V
posted Hide Post
You can shoot them once with a gun but fill pages in a scrap book with a Sony tag Cool

Posts: 19 | Location: Wy | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I vote free pass for bucky clap

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saw off the antlers and mount on the biggest jackrabbit you can find. You'll have the undisputed biggest jack-o-lope around!!

A big red belt around his neck bells every 3-4 inches.

Have you ever found any of his sheds?

Drew

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd throw a rope round him... have my boys hold him down and cut off his antlers then I would put a orange cow tag in each ear and I like the idea of spray painting something on each side before season so that hunters would leave him alone.

Posts: 581 | Location: Cheney, KS or Africa Somewhere | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
I have a button buck on my porch every morning and evening eating apples and rabbit food. My 6 year old says "Were not eating him dad" just about every day. His name is "Mater"; my son named him after the Cars Mater. We bottle fed him after I found him trying to cross the road. Mater will still walk in the house if the door is left open.

I could never kill a pet as a trophy. Might kill a pet to end suffering or something.

I would try to collect his sheds and mount them.
Besides he is still going to grow a couple more years.
God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1381 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
well the rut is in full swing and too late to worry now. maybe he will come back and maybe he will not. unknown at this time. I had a guy offer 8000.00 for him and turned him down cold I did mention I would trade him his 08 king ranch f250 I think the stupid bastard is thinking about it. coffee

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CRUSHER:
well the rut is in full swing and too late to worry now. maybe he will come back and maybe he will not. unknown at this time. I had a guy offer 8000.00 for him and turned him down cold I did mention I would trade him his 08 king ranch f250 I think the stupid bastard is thinking about it. coffee
Big Grin

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mach V:
You can shoot them once with a gun but fill pages in a scrap book with a Sony tag Cool
Or he can HANG ON YOUR WALL for 75 years...

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CUMMINS MAN.....CUMMINS ! Ain't no powerjoke choke&stroke flowerpoke worth more than a fat doe. stirjumping stir

that buck is worth at least a T-Rex with an 8.3

Andy

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would dart him, cut his horns off, have your taxidermist mount them with another cape.

Jerry,
You couldn't recommend a good taxidermist could you???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37878 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drewhenrytnt:
CUMMINS MAN.....CUMMINS ! Ain't no powerjoke choke&stroke flowerpoke worth more than a fat doe. stirjumping stir

that buck is worth at least a T-Rex with an 8.3

Andy

http://www.destroked.com/ problem solved the diesel is good if it did not come in that tinfoil free sample truck.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CRUSHER:

I think I already hold the big rock record.

Sounds like there is a story in there somewhere !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crusher:

Much as I admire the courage of Texas guys, I am rather doubtful that you would ever dare to kill a pet of the lady of the house!Smiler Look, it's really OK to protect that buck with your life. (and warn off all neighbors) Peace is always best!Smiler

Posts: 680 | Location: NY | Registered: 10 July 2009Reply With Quote