Find
Notify
Tools

Whitetail Properties on GAC TV...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
Set your DVR's folks!!.....we are proud to announce our latest television endeavor "Living Country". The show will be premiering Wednesday, April 9 on GAC at 10p|9c. This program is intended to highlight an in-depth point of view of the rural real estate industry, and focuses on some of our top agents and the properties they deal with....as well as taking a peak at the "lighter side" of life as a Whitetail Properties real estate agent.

Please SHARE this video with all your hunting brethren, and tell them to tune in!! See you guys in the woods....

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3107 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
So, is this a new, regularly scheduled, reality show about selling ranches? I guess it has worked with similar shows on selling houses, DIY projects, Demolition and restoration shows etc.

Will we get to see your mug on TV, ES? Cool

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
So, is this a new, regularly scheduled, reality show about selling ranches? I guess it has worked with similar shows on selling houses, DIY projects, Demolition and restoration shows etc.

Will we get to see your mug on TV, ES? Cool

Wendell,

This will be a four-episode pilot to "test the waters" and see how people like it. If ratings are favorable, then they will probably pick up the show as a regularly scheduled program.

As far as seeing my ugly mug, as of right now, the only time you'll see it is when they show the group shot of the agents....(around 2:42 in the video above). If the show gets picked up, then they will focus on unique properties, and any agents are eligible to be filmed. However, I will admit, I have very little desire to deal with all that.

Here's a still shot, showing me in the crowd of guys in the video...

I also want to let everyone know, this show is being filmed and produced by HGTV (which owns GAC), and Whitetail Properties has very little say so when it comes to the final product. So, we are all eager to see the show, and how it turns out.....while keeping our fingers crossed that it is done tastefully and with the least amount of inaccuracies as possible.

Of course, you can always watch our hunting show 52 weeks a year on Sportsman Channel and CSS Sports.

Posts: 3107 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is this the same company that has Firms in Wisconsin???

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OLBIKER:
Is this the same company that has Firms in Wisconsin???

OLBIKER,

I suspect it is....Whitetail Properties Real Estate, LLC is a national real estate company, active in 20 states with over 110 agents (the statement in the video about "9 states and 80 agents" is an outdated statistic from 2012). Wisconsin is one of the states we are active in.

You can view detailed information about our company and the areas in which we operate on our website here: http://www.whitetailproperties.com/about

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK,I am not speaking of anywhere else, but here in NE Wisconsin the local Rep for White tail properties tends to exaggerate the capabilities of properties he sells as far as Whitetail numbers and Quality of the animals on said properties.I would not recommend anyone to trust this person.So buyer beware in NE WI.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your NE WI guy is probably the only one doing that, LOL!!!

One of Us
Picture of PaulS
posted Hide Post
In most places the real estate agent is working for the seller - not the buyer. If you want the agent to work for you it will cost you about 7% of the sale price. Since the owner is already paying that, or at least half that, to the listing agent then it's not often people want to pay the extra money to have the agent working for them.

I always get a real estate lawyer. He works for me and the cost is less than I have saved in the transaction - they pay for themselves and - unlike an agent -they are legally responsible for all facts they give you.

Real estate agents are nothing more than high priced used car salesmen. Whether you like lawyers or not get one when you buy property.

Speer, Sierra, Lyman, Hornady, Hodgdon have reliable reloading data. You won't find it on so and so's web page.

Posts: 639 | Location: SE WA.  | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PaulS:
In most places the real estate agent is working for the seller - not the buyer. If you want the agent to work for you it will cost you about 7% of the sale price. Since the owner is already paying that, or at least half that, to the listing agent then it's not often people want to pay the extra money to have the agent working for them.

I always get a real estate lawyer. He works for me and the cost is less than I have saved in the transaction - they pay for themselves and - unlike an agent -they are legally responsible for all facts they give you.

Real estate agents are nothing more than high priced used car salesmen. Whether you like lawyers or not get one when you buy property.

Well I'm not familiar with Washington's real estate laws, but as far as Texas goes, you are absolutely incorrect in your statement. In Texas the LISTING AGENT works for the seller, and sometimes also represents the buyer as an intermediary. However, if someone wants to hire an agent to help them purchase a property, it will not cost them ANYTHING. Buyer's agents are almost always paid directly by the seller when a transaction closes. 99% of the time, the listing agent (seller's agent) is responsible for splitting his commission with a buyer's agent. I have represented buyers several times, and this has always been the case. My buyers have never paid me a dime, and I work exclusively for them. If anyone here is looking to buy property in Texas, I will be happy to represent them...and it will not cost them anything.

I take offense to your remark that we, as agents, are "nothing more than high priced used car salesmen". Trust me, I am nothing like your average used car salesman. I take great pride in my job, and work very hard to maintain the highest level of integrity. I am ALWAYS honest and fair with all of my clients, whether they are buyers or sellers....and for you to suggest otherwise is an insult to me. Perhaps you've had bad experiences in the past with real estate agents....but it is not fair to paint us all with the same broad brush. As is the case within any industry, there are bad apples in the real estate business too....but please don't throw us all under the bus.

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
ES,

Get used to it. 10% of Lawyers, Real estate agents and booking agents get a bad name because of the other 90%.

Smiler

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
ES,

Get used to it. 10% of Lawyers, Real estate agents and booking agents get a bad name because of the other 90%.

Smiler

Well said Wendell, and I agree 100%.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
ES,

Smiler

Wendell, you do have a point, and may not be too far off on your numbers overall.

HOWEVER....

I believe a distinction needs to be made between residential real estate agents and farm & ranch real estate agents. I do not deal with residential property, and work exclusively with acreage....but I have met a lot from both sides of the industry, and it is my opinion that your average farm & ranch agent is much more competent and trustworthy than your average residential agent. That's just my $0.02

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Did anyone here watch the show last night? I thought it turned out very well actually....

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eland Slayer:
Did anyone here watch the show last night? I thought it turned out very well actually....

No offense ES, but this about the last kind of show I would watch. Just giving you my honest feedback. Then again, I don't watch much TV.

I do agree with you about realtors; I use one for my rental properties and she is great. we have a new client looking for a house with an option to buy; she takes care of all the work.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:
Originally posted by Eland Slayer:

No offense ES, but this about the last kind of show I would watch. Just giving you my honest feedback. Then again, I don't watch much TV.

I do agree with you about realtors; I use one for my rental properties and she is great. we have a new client looking for a house with an option to buy; she takes care of all the work.

No offence taken. I generally agree with you....and I absolutely ABHOR "reality" shows....but this was done very well, with minimal BS. It was focused more on the properties, without much drama added.

I'm just glad to get our brand out there in front of a new audience....and show them why we are THE BEST land company in the United States.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow,
could one go in a hundred different directions on this thread.

Some thoughts/platitudes first.

A lot easier to tear down than construct.

A lot easier to destroy than create.

To create one needs to have a purpose, plan and direction. In other words, plan your work and work your plan.

The easiest way to miss is to aim at nothing.

One can be a squash in six weeks, or a mighty oak in 100 years.

If someone knows more about your business than you do, whose fault is that?

When you know you know,and you know you know, confidence replaces fear.

One of the "five great rules of selling" Show a man how to get what he wants, and you can always get what you want."

Commission sales has its plusses and minuses. One of the nice things on both sides (payor and payee) is that one usually is paid what he is worth. No artificial ceilings.

Wade,

IIRC somewhere I read/heard that Jesus (not of yardman fame) could not do many miracles in his home town. Don't despair when you have detractors or folks that denigrate you because of your youth.

I grew up listening to folks complain about their job, the boss, the people they worked with. On top of that, the government could just reach in and take XX percent of your wages without your acquiescence and work on your money without recompense to you for up to a year. Being a wage-slave was not for me. So, I never wanted a job, only an opportunity.

Henry David Thoreau is reported to have penned the quote "Most men live lives of quiet desperation and go to their grave with the song still in them. Don't let that happen to you.

You are fortunate that at a young age you have the freedom/liberty to try different avenues and are not so locked into a lifestyle that you can't follow your dreams.

Its one thing to fool others, its a terrible thing to fool yourself. Do what you love, if you truly love it and put in your time and pay your dues, the money will follow. I tell people that say money don't buy happiness that they'be been shopping at the wrong stores. True, it won't buy your health, the love of your family or peace with your maker, but it can sure cushion some of the bumps. Plus its a good short term motivator.

One more thing

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace. Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8

Timing may not be everything, but its a bunch. Someone out there always needs to buy, and someone out there always needs to sell. It's up to you to make sure, when its time, they seek you out because of your energy, knowledge, and integrity, cause good looks and boyish charm soon fade (ask me how I know LOL)

Best,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
Geedub's homily here is as good - well, ok, actually a lot better - than many of my own. It's worth reading, and in my opinion, saving for reading again on those days when life gets the better of you.

My one suggestion for the show would be SMILE! hilbily Big Grin hilbily Everyone in that photo looks like the Canadians have just annexed the Upper Peninsula!

friar

p.s. don't underestimate those crazy Canucks, I tell you...schemin' lil devils, they are! stir

quote:
Originally posted by Geedubya:
Wow,
could one go in a hundred different directions on this thread.

Some thoughts/platitudes first.

A lot easier to tear down than construct.

A lot easier to destroy than create.

To create one needs to have a purpose, plan and direction. In other words, plan your work and work your plan.

The easiest way to miss is to aim at nothing.

One can be a squash in six weeks, or a mighty oak in 100 years.

If someone knows more about your business than you do, whose fault is that?

When you know you know,and you know you know, confidence replaces fear.

One of the "five great rules of selling" Show a man how to get what he wants, and you can always get what you want."

Commission sales has its plusses and minuses. One of the nice things on both sides (payor and payee) is that one usually is paid what he is worth. No artificial ceilings.

Wade,

IIRC somewhere I read/heard that Jesus (not of yardman fame) could not do many miracles in his home town. Don't despair when you have detractors or folks that denigrate you because of your youth.

I grew up listening to folks complain about their job, the boss, the people they worked with. On top of that, the government could just reach in and take XX percent of your wages without your acquiescence and work on your money without recompense to you for up to a year. Being a wage-slave was not for me. So, I never wanted a job, only an opportunity.

Henry David Thoreau is reported to have penned the quote "Most men live lives of quiet desperation and go to their grave with the song still in them. Don't let that happen to you.

You are fortunate that at a young age you have the freedom/liberty to try different avenues and are not so locked into a lifestyle that you can't follow your dreams.

Its one thing to fool others, its a terrible thing to fool yourself. Do what you love, if you truly love it and put in your time and pay your dues, the money will follow. I tell people that say money don't buy happiness that they'be been shopping at the wrong stores. True, it won't buy your health, the love of your family or peace with your maker, but it can sure cushion some of the bumps. Plus its a good short term motivator.

One more thing

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace. Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8

Timing may not be everything, but its a bunch. Someone out there always needs to buy, and someone out there always needs to sell. It's up to you to make sure, when its time, they seek you out because of your energy, knowledge, and integrity, cause good looks and boyish charm soon fade (ask me how I know LOL)

Best,

GWB

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote