THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Remington has Emerged From Chapter 11

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington has Emerged From Chapter 11
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Reuters is reporting Remington has emerged from Chapter 11.
That a new board will be appointed. I do not know any details.

Looks like Big Green gets to roll on for a few more years.

Posts: 11389 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
good news

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was QUICK!

Was there any doubt they would?
Not by me.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5962 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do doubt by me. I do think it was quick. But I have been on the inside of one large company liquidation and it took two years. James River Coal here in KY.

I would say I hope Remington product improves. However, my taste and joe gun buyer do not reflect one another. So, I doubt Remington and I will be personal friends in the future.

I do want them to survive and build good widgets. Even if the widget is not my cup of tea.

Posts: 11389 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Frankly, the quality of product they have been putting out is trash, especially in the marlin line. I for one, will not be buying any remington product be it guns, ammo, componets or accessories. They have lost my support totally.

Posts: 5709 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
"converted 795 Million in debt to EQUITY"

among other questionable means to "emerge"

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
I think remington put too much stock in creating new products that NO ONE wanted. Shitty 9mm and 380 that cost more than other competitors. Magazine fed 870? Seriously? All the while their bread and butter products saw a loss of quality. I'll be honest I am a Remington homer, but I am not sure what they're doing.

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 604 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buckeyeshooter:
Frankly, the quality of product they have been putting out is trash, especially in the marlin line. I for one, will not be buying any remington product be it guns, ammo, componets or accessories. They have lost my support totally.

Best and most honest post on the thread so far!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crap products and even worse customer service. I don't see a new board of directors having enough insight to keep this from happening again.

I for one will never buy another Remington product built in the last 20+ years and I do my best in talking to everyone I know from doing it either.

Posts: 574 | Location: Utah | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Times change as do markets. With the millions of satisfied 700 owners in the world and still buying new Remingtons something must still be ok with them. The knockoff 700s (783 and such) came about because of a market trend, look around every company produces a $300 mid caliber bolt. Why? Because there is a bigger market for them than $1500 rifles. Be it Savage, TC, Weatherby, etc. a guy with limited funds can walk into a big box such as Cabelas plop down $350 on the counter and walk out with a scoped/bore sighted/slinged/plastic stock new rifle to take on a deer hunt the following weekend. For that kind of $ one cannot expect the type of product most here on AR choose to own. You do not get BMW quality in a Chevy Cruze either.

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I thought they did all right with their 1911 line -- and have heard Marlin quality has rebounded significantly from the very low point it fell to when Remington closed the New Haven plant. That said, their 700s and 870s have never been my cup of tea.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16533 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DuggaBoye:

I am no expert, but debt holder are the top of the capital structure, so why it so surprising about this? How else would a company emerge from BK?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It seems the 750 million in debt has been liquidated ie bought and Cypress is out of the gun industry. That in itself is a good thing. What will be interesting is if all the brands Cypress (freedom group) consolidated under Remington will continue to be part of Remington Outdoors or if the new regime will sell them off.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Commonplace in a chapter 11.

Posts: 12022 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:

I am no expert, but debt holder are the top of the capital structure, so why it so surprising about this? How else would a company emerge from BK?

This is certainly one way. At times, a chapter 11 is used to escape contracts and/or renegotiate them. Debt is often restructured as well.

Posts: 12022 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:

This is certainly one way. At times, a chapter 11 is used to escape contracts and/or renegotiate them. Debt is often restructured as well.

Ah yes, reminds me of asbestos and fake tits, among other things...

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess this means I can keep on getting their one and only worthwhile product off the ground for free from time to time.
yay!

Posts: 4988 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2th doc:
Times change as do markets. With the millions of satisfied 700 owners in the world and still buying new Remingtons something must still be ok with them. The knockoff 700s (783 and such) came about because of a market trend, look around every company produces a $300 mid caliber bolt. Why? Because there is a bigger market for them than $1500 rifles. Be it Savage, TC, Weatherby, etc. a guy with limited funds can walk into a big box such as Cabelas plop down $350 on the counter and walk out with a scoped/bore sighted/slinged/plastic stock new rifle to take on a deer hunt the following weekend. For that kind of $ one cannot expect the type of product most here on AR choose to own. You do not get BMW quality in a Chevy Cruze either.

If your argument is budget rifles (which isn't what I was referring to,) I would argue that remington is still at the bottom of the barrel compared to other brands at that same price point. As far as the 700 rifle, 870 shotguns etc., compare a recent manufactured gun to the same model built pre 1990's, there is no comparison.

Besides quality issues, maybe you aren't familiar with the 700's trigger issues and how remington covered it up despite the fact that it was responsible for killing multiple people.

Another example is the 597 recall and how Remington screwed their customers with a lesser value coupon instead of a full price replacement or refund.

There are superior products from companies who actually stand behind them, for me to ever buy a Remington again. There are millions of firearms owners who have become aware of this as well. In such a tough, saturated market as the firearm business is, I doubt Remington can ever fully recover.

Posts: 574 | Location: Utah | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My 40X's and Hepburn now have a back up? [

Get the 'power' or optic that your eye likes instead of what someone else says.

When we go to the doctor they ask us what lens we like!

Do that with your optics.