THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Female Hunter Apparently Takes Her Own Life Following Death Threats from Animal Right

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Female Hunter Apparently Takes Her Own Life Following Death Threats from Animal Right
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
quote:

Female Hunter Apparently Takes Her Own Life Following Death Threats from Animal Rights Activists

Hate killed a female hunter who was found dead after apparently committing suicide, and reports say death threats by animal rights activists may have led to her fatal decision.

According to DailyMail, Melania Capitan, 27, had a prominent social media following for her outdoor/hunting lifestyle.

As we see so often with hunters on social media, Melania received thousands of death threats and hate messages, mostly from animal rights activists – and we all know how extreme they can be.

Even after her death, her Facebook page continued to be flurried with comments, apparently welcoming the news.

“She was so bitter that she had to pay her hate killing innocent animals, thank God she killed herself, the only good thing she did lately,” one of the grotesque comments read.

So we have to ask, when will this hate for hunters stop?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One good reason to stay off Facefuck and not deal with the animal rights wackos.The only thing they understand is a real life beatdown. Mad

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How sad. Sorry they got to her.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Venandi
posted Hide Post
This is tragic but she must have had other emotional issues if written abuse from strangers on social media was enough to push her over the edge.
I don't know why someone would post hunting pictures on Facebook.

Come to think of it, I don't know why someone would post ANYTHING on Facebook.

No longer Bigasanelk

Posts: 584 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WLW
posted Hide Post
quote:

To piss of the anti's. Works really well. pissers

http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4821014232

"He Who Farts in Church, Must Sit in Own Pew".

Posts: 364 | Location: Moorpark, CA | Registered: 18 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is tragic but she must have had other emotional issues if written abuse from strangers on social media was enough to push her over the edge.

There is more to this than just posting pictures on FaceBook!

Just like this site, NO ONE IS FORCED to post ANYTHING on FACEBOOK.

That woman had other emotional issues, and those are what caused her actions!

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
It seems that young people today are more susceptible to suicide over cyber bullying. I don't know know the reason why, but it seems there is a story about it every week.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 634 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a Sad, terrible situation. My sincerest Condolences to her family and friends.

The most troubling part to me, is that young people place such a high value on sites like FaceBook.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are a LOT of very sad things connected with this. It is a shame to see a young person take their life for any reason. It is also sad that they live too much of their lives on line and that becomes their main contact with the outside world and shapes way too much of their emotions.

If she had only gone hunting instead.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
quote:

There is more to this than just posting pictures on FaceBook!

Just like this site, NO ONE IS FORCED to post ANYTHING on FACEBOOK.

That woman had other emotional issues, and those are what caused her actions!

I agree. This is not a bullied 13 year-old, she was a grown woman. I am sorry that she made such a terrible decision and my thoughts are with her family but blaming the antis just gives them a sense of power.

I would be very surprised if she did not have other issues that contributed to her death.

I have posted hunting and fishing pictures on FB including many with my daughter and I have never received a single negative comment.

I have noticed that the antis get extra torqued when a hunter happens to be a female. I think it messes with all of their trite "theories" regarding why hunters hunt.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think she was murdered .There are tons of women hunters that antihunters pick on all the time and threaten.Them daily .I don't think a woman this strong who loved hunting so much would take her life !

Posts: 2543 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You ever known or been around a person contemplating suicide?

What are you basing your "Judgement" on?

Because she was a hunter?

It don't work that way.