THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Colorado's non-resident license allocation sucks!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado's non-resident license allocation sucks!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Topgun,

The info I posted was taken right off the NM Dept of Game and Fish website. Check it out yourself.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As a Colorado resident I got luck on deer tag got points on antelope/bear/turkey haven't seen elk draw yet.

Got to love those non residents. As far as the left over tags normally not in units I hunt or season I like to hunt.

VFW

Posts: 1098 | Location: usa | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by impala#03:
Topgun,

The info I posted was taken right off the NM Dept of Game and Fish website. Check it out yourself.

Impala,

Does the NMG&F issue all 10% of the outfitter allocated tags? If not, do those tags go into another pool? Just a question.

Thanks,

Cody

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Graybird,

I do not know how the allocations work if not completely filled. Logic would dicatate the tags be filled elsewhere, but we all know the logic of game departments.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Impala#03---Your post is NOT correct regarding the 6% NR pool as it is for those NOT represented by an outfitter, unlike what you posted. Here is the exact paragraph C/Pd from the NM website and is exactly what I stated BEFORE in my post:

New Mexico’s big game drawing is subject to a quota system. In accordance with state law, the draw attempts to distribute 84 percent of the licenses for each hunt to New Mexico residents, 10 percent to residents or nonresidents who’ve contracted with an outfitter and 6 percent to nonresidents who have not contracted with an outfitter (this does not prohibit nonresidents in the 6 percent pool from contracting with an outfitter if they are lucky in the draw).

PS: My Wyoming buddy was in that 6% pool this year and drew a 2b deer tag for 11/2-11/6. If you could help on anything you know about that unit it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer. We also hunted the unit on that tag in 2011 in the ne part of the unit in the NF and didn't see a buck worth looking at!

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tom holland:

Got to love those non residents.

Enlighten me on this sir.....I'm all ears

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Topgun,

All I know about the draw is what I read on the website, just like you. I really don't much give a shit what it says, all I know is that it is almost impossible to draw a tag at the present time.

Area 2B is all good. Carracas Mesa can be really good late season. A lot of deer migrate out of the high country in Colorado towards that area. If it is wet, not frozen, you will need tire chains/4wheel drive.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikelravy:
Colorado is just about the only western state with something for everybody. Over the counter tags, outfitters with tags and long-shot draws for the very desirable slots. Unfortunately there is no way to please everybody.

Mike - I certainly agree that you cannot please everyone.

But CO does not, nor has it ever - given any percentage of tags to "outfitters/guides, or non-residents who contract with an outfitter/guide", never. Outfitters/their clients get ZERO consideration in the tag process.

I'm not gonna debate whether they should/shouldn't, but I know they don't and never have.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4885 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunt99
posted Hide Post
quote:

But CO does not, nor has it ever - given any percentage of tags to "outfitters/guides, or non-residents who contract with an outfitter/guide", never. Outfitters/their clients get ZERO consideration in the tag process.

I'm not gonna debate whether they should/shouldn't, but I know they don't and never have.

Perhaps people have gotten CO confused with the old MT system of guaranteed outfitter tags at a higher price. In MT this is all gone now with higher prices across the board.

I hunt to live and live to hunt!

Posts: 299 | Location: Big Sky Country! | Registered: 19 March 2011Reply With Quote