Tools

A Letter From Wyoming
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MrHawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IdahoVandal:
Here are some facts from Wyoming Fish and Game; I am mostly impartial to this whole res non-res deal but some of you may find this interesting:

-a significant majority of hunters surveyed SUPPORT having license revenue spent on NON_GAME species.

-residents spend nearly twice as much as non-residents (about $80 mil vs. $43 mil in 2003)

Here is the link to the official report:Wyoming Hunter Generated Revenue

Have fun dissecting that one!

IV

What's so shocking here?

Posts: 244 | Location: Margaritaville | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
I knew it would draw out the best in you guys.

Madgoat, you have made to most since and out of all the posts here. I feel for you guys about your wolf situation. I did not vote on reintroducing wolfs into your area or any thing supporting any thing to do with wolfs, and I am sure most non-resident hunters had nothing to do with it either. About the hunting part of your post, I am not after the biggest anything, just an opportunity to hunt a game animals that has never been in Delaware and never will be.

tom holland, you have a problem with me here, keep it here. Yes I have said bad thing about you and I still feel the same way about you. That will never change. I don't have to repeat myself here, just go back and read what I wrote before and my feeling remain the same.

If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member of the Delaware Destroyers
Member Reeders Misfits
NRA Life Member ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elkslayer:
Redhawk1, I think you have lived back east too long. You've lost your western hospitality and good nature. Why I bet you can even understand those "Easterners" when they talk real fast! nut

Oh, just curious, since when has Colorado and Arizona been considered the mid-west? Confused

Geography Colorado is in the mid-west. I have always called it the mid-west, even when I lived there. Not a problem from other people from Colorado. You are right, I have lost my western hospitality. And "Easterners" when they talk real fast! I under stand ever word. clap

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member Reeders Misfits
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
tom holland, you have a problem with me here, keep it here. Yes I have said bad thing about you and I still feel the same way about you. That will never change. I don't have to repeat myself here, just go back and read what I wrote before and my feeling remain the same.[/QUOTE]

Only thing I was trying to figure out why your trying to clean up your act? As far as keeping it here you are a Moderator on Graybeard and you are not allowed to make comments about them here or you get kicked off the board all I was pointing out was you have two sets of standard one here and the other on Graybeard. I like this board.

VFW

Posts: 1098 | Location: usa | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
you are a Moderator on Graybeard and you are not allowed to make comments about them here or you get kicked off the board

bull bull bull bull bull bull

i've got to throw out the bullshit flag here. i'm the owner of The BaitShop Boyz, and i've never been told that i can't mention my site here. in fact, we often get a lot of interesting cross-discussions which are good for both boards and all members.

maybe graybeard has a problem with mentioning other forums, but AR is a lot more reasonable and mature about such things. perhaps the reason redhawk wants to keep the fight in one place and not spread it all over cyberspace has more to do with good taste than a matter of having [edit] two sets of [/edit] standards.

i disagree with redhawk, and think he's a schmuck for his apparent idea that it's alright to pay 14k to hunt on a guy's land, while he cries foul over paying a little more for a license; having said that, i see no reason to make stuff up.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tasunkawitko:
quote:
you are a Moderator on Graybeard and you are not allowed to make comments about them here or you get kicked off the board

bull bull bull bull bull bull

i've got to throw out the bullshit flag here. i'm the owner of The BaitShop Boyz, and i've never been told that i can't mention my site here. in fact, we often get a lot of interesting cross-discussions which are good for both boards and all members.

maybe graybeard has a problem with mentioning other forums, but AR is a lot more reasonable and mature about such things. perhaps the reason redhawk wants to keep the fight in one place and not spread it all over cyberspace has more to do with good taste than a matter of having good standards.

i disagree with redhawk, and think he's a schmuck for his apparent idea that it's alright to pay 14k to hunt on a guy's land, while he cries foul over paying a little more for a license; having said that, i see no reason to make stuff up.

I don't get what you are saying. Everything you posted above, is not anything I posted anywhere. Where did I say it's ok to pay 14K to hunt on a guys land???? I think you made that up. "You get the" bull bull bull bull
I would not pay anyone 14K to hunt on there land. I could go on 3 self guided hunts to Alaska for that, and have a better time. I could go to Africa for that and take 5 animals. I thought you did not make stuff up. Now who's the schmuck.

As far as Graybeard is concerned, I don't go there and bad mouth any other site or bring them up. But tom holland is the one with that problem. I don't live by two different standards. I have voice my opinions over there without getting kicked off. They just don't tolerate foul language like here. I told tom holland what I think of him, and it stays the same. I can't stand him or his mighty attitude. But that has nothing to do with other sites. My hatred for him came from his post's here. And I am not going to go to 5 different sites and have arguments with him just because he want's to be a troll. troll

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member Reeders Misfits
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tom holland:
tom holland, you have a problem with me here, keep it here. Yes I have said bad thing about you and I still feel the same way about you. That will never change. I don't have to repeat myself here, just go back and read what I wrote before and my feeling remain the same.

Only thing I was trying to figure out why your trying to clean up your act? As far as keeping it here you are a Moderator on Graybeard and you are not allowed to make comments about them here or you get kicked off the board all I was pointing out was you have two sets of standard one here and the other on Graybeard. I like this board.

I find it interesting how you follow all the places I go and post on the subjects I post on. But it never pertains to the post, but more to take a shot at me. In my book you are a full fledged TROLL. troll I feel kind of sorry for you. bewildered

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member Reeders Misfits
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
redhawk, my above post wasn't mant to get into a big he said she said thing, but you did say this:

quote:
Originally posted by Redhawk1:
quote:
Originally posted by talentrec:
blah blah blah....

On the years when we manage to draw deer tags, we give him $8000 to let us hunt his ranch. For the 3-4 days we're there, he doesn't let anyone else hunt. If we draw antelope tags as well, he gets an extra $2000. For the other 45+ days of the hunting season, he's more than happy to let the locals hunt his land. That $8-10K makes a difference to him. We didn't draw our deer tags this year and I don't know if I really want to drive 3000 miles just to shoot an antelope.

That being the case, his other alternative is to lease his ranch to an outfitter, who's offered him $14K/year. If he does that, none of the locals will get to hunt that ranch. This is a simple matter of economics; the money for that hay has to come from somewhere. And the locals aren't going to give him $10K a year.

yadda yadda yadda....

Pete

Very good post. thumb

now, i did NOT make that up. maybe YOU wouldn't pay 14k to hunt on someone's land, but you think it is fine and dandy for someone to do so, thereby cutting out locals. it really wasn't the focus of the point i was trying to make, though.

the point i was trying to make, and may have made badly, was that as far as the graybeard thing goes, it looks like holland was the one with the problem and was going as far as to spread a bunch of BS and make a bunch of stuff up. i concluded by saying that your trying to keep the potshots confined to one place was a mark of good taste, rather than a double standard. that's all, no hidden agenda. geez.... Roll Eyes

fuck me for trying to support your position a bit on something that i thought we agreed on.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redhawk1:
quote:
Originally posted by tom holland:

I find it interesting how you follow all the places I go and post on the subjects I post on. But it never pertains to the post, but more to take a shot at me. In my book you are a full fledged TROLL. troll I feel kind of sorry for you. bewildered

Nice thing about this site is you cann't control it so I'm free to say what I want just like you. I'm not following you around but I'll just remind everyone as to your double set of standards. I did the same thing on Graybeard as to a certain moderators double set of standards Lawdog send me a PM saying I was baiting you. I never knew speaking the truth was baiting someone. See you know that I e-mailed Graybeard and you are kind of on a watch list. Redhawk1 just so you understand something plain and simple had you of been civil and not started the name calling we won't be having this right now. I do expect an apology from you and this matter will end right now.

VFW

Posts: 1098 | Location: usa | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
tom holland please hold your breath..... I will NEVER apology. I also spoke to Graybeard Tuesday and he did even recall your e-mail. And I am not on any kind of watch list. I never knew you e-mail him until your lame post.

I don't want to keep this argument going all over the place. My problem with you started here so keep it here. I will not apologize for anything I said before, I meant it and I stick by it, so get over it. You are a TROLL. troll

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member Reeders Misfits
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
tasunkawitko, I cannot control what Ranchers do with there land, but if they want to lease there land and make money, who am I to blame them. So the locals get screwed out of a place to hunt, you all keep telling us non-residents "you have to pay to play" so I guess if the locals want to play "they will have to pay". Sounds fair to me. But I was not the original poster in that case, I just agreed with his logic.

Now about GB thing, I may of missed your agenda there. Sorry.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member Reeders Misfits
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member