Find
Notify
Tools

Arizona fall draw open
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted
Applications are now being accepted, June 4 is the deadline.

Deer/Sheep and some other ancillary stuff I don't normally draw for.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3426 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The wait.
Then the disappointment.

Posts: 1234 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Clark:
The wait.
Then the disappointment.

Usually, yes. But this year is different for me. I have an Antelope tag in my pocket for September already. The Mule Deer area I am drawing for is 4 bonus points to be sure thing and I have three, so I'm right there. Then Sheep, yeah....never.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3426 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
An antelope tag in Arizona is almost as hard to draw as a sheep tag. Don’t say never on the sheep tap - I drew a Cabeza Prieta desert tag last year with 26 points.

Posts: 88 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leftcoast:
An antelope tag in Arizona is almost as hard to draw as a sheep tag. Don’t say never on the sheep tap - I drew a Cabeza Prieta desert tag last year with 26 points.

I had 30 BP for Antelope and still didn't draw my 1st choice, which was 5B. Drew 6A which has really produced some nice rams last few years.

For those that don't understand the Arizona system, that's 30 years of waiting. Actually only 28, I have 2 permanent BP's for some AZGFD programs. I have 29 for Sheep. I like units 39E & 39W . They're close for me and I know where the sheep tend to be.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My 12 year old drew the Cabeza last year with 3 points. Sheep can happen at any time or never for some folks. That’s 3 AZ sheep tags in our house in the last 9 years. None with above 25 points. Playing the odds no matter how small the difference has paid off. Then again my wife has 31 antelope points and probably a few years before she draws 5B.

Posts: 147 | Location: Parks AZ | Registered: 31 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 14 for Pronghorn, put in a bunch before bonus points. Not really enough but hopefull.

11 Elk. I don’t hunt because I’m hungry so I only put in for the early Unit 10 trophy hunt.

Got drawn for elk many years in 80’s. We had no clue of how to hunt. Wandered in woods with guns.

Posts: 1234 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote