Find
Notify
Tools

what calibers?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted

Posts: 3282 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
No spin? Time of flight of a 180gr 30-06 to a 100 yard target is just over 1/10th of a second. How many video frames can be recorded in that amount of time? How far from your phone will it communicate?

It's too fantastic to be true. This news release is awfully close to April 1st. Were you fooled?

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LOL!

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I want to know what kind of drugs they had them folks on to keep straight faces during that!!!

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Should put a stop to all of those "I made a perfect shot but the bullet failed" threads. rotflmo

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, at $99.99 for 10, I can see folks standing waiting to get their box.

Wonder if they will make the bullets available for reloaders?????????????

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Crazy, it's a prank.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You think so DUMB ASS!!!!!!!!!

You really need to get a life or go back to the first grade and take remedial reading comprehension.

April Fools Day and Grenadier the Dumb Fuck honestly thinks people took this crap seriously, Good Grief Charlie Brown.

You are a damn MORON Grenadier, and a damn pathetic one.

Let me clue you in GENIUS!

Does THIS look like I was taking that shit SERIOUSLY??????

quote:
I want to know what kind of drugs they had them folks on to keep straight faces during that!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grenadier, I sincerely apologize for responding to you in the manner I did.

I will not retract my comments, because I knew the whole thing was fake, and as I illustrated with my quote from an earlier comment on the subject, I knew it was fake and was simply playing along.

You comment that I took umbrage about was asinine in the least. I do not know if you were trying to be cute, funny or sim[ply have that low of an opinion of me!

I sincerely hope it is the latter!

Maybe you need to get a refresher course in understanding SATIRE!!!!

quote:
Yeah, at $99.99 for 10, I can see folks standing waiting to get their box.

Also all the damn ???????, following my comment if the bullets would be available to RELOADERS, should have been a clue that I wasn't taking the post seriously to a seven year old, half wit Aussie!!!!!

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Crazy, your insults to me and the apology laced with more insult simply reveal the curmudgeon at your keyboard. It was uncalled for and your profane viciousness is childish.
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
You think so DUMB ASS!!!!!!!!!

You really need to get a life or go back to the first grade and take remedial reading comprehension.

April Fools Day and Grenadier the Dumb Fuck honestly thinks people took this crap seriously, Good Grief Charlie Brown.

You are a damn MORON Grenadier, and a damn pathetic one.

Let me clue you in GENIUS!

Does THIS look like I was taking that shit SERIOUSLY??????

quote:

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Well....darn! And here I was wondering if they might offer it in .348 Winchester or .32 Special.

P.S. Lighten up people, life is too short.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was uncalled for and your profane viciousness is childish.

WRONG, It was called for.

You were the one that started it with this little tid bit
quote:
Crazy, it's a prank.

Both of the comments I made PRIOR to your words of wisdom clearly show that I knew it was an April Fools joke and was going along with it.

Everyone that commented knew it was fake, an elaborate one, but a fake.

You don't want someone to respond to you in the fashion I did, really simple, don't act like you are SO superior and believe that everyone else is stupid.

This ain't the Crater, no need to come up here and treat someone/anyone like folks do in the Crater. Those 4 little words of yours turned a fun little discussion into a POS, simply because you had to act like someone you really don't know anything about, is Stupid in your opinion.

I did not appreciate that and I expressed my displeasure with your uncalled for comment.

The discussion had real potential to be damn funny, but for some reason known only to you, you thought it would be damn funny to put someone down, beneath your worldliness, well you picked the wrong Son Of A Bitch to try it with.

I apologize more to the folks that were going along with the spirit of the discussion, because it could have went off kin several different angles.

Never know now.

Life is too short for this kind of crap, but for crap like this to develop, SOMEONE has to simply make an unnecessary/uncalled for comment for God only knows why.

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
quote:
.... don't act like you are SO superior and believe that everyone else is stupid..... you thought it would be damn funny to put someone down, beneath your worldliness...
You clearly have serious issues. This is all in your head.

No insult was meant. I'm sorry you took it that way.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sorry I did also, and everyone else that was having fun is sorry that things turned out the way it did.

The ONLY issue I had/have is THE 4 words you used.

Look at them and read them to yourself, there is/was nothing funny about them, nothing in the comment to show that you were saying it in fun, no smilies of any kind to show that you were joking.

Take your comment and view it at face value, you were implying that I had or was taking it all seriously, both of the comments I had made before you made the one you did, clearly show that I was going along with the spirit of the joke.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am sorry I did also, and everyone else that was having fun is sorry that things turned out the way it did.

The ONLY issue I had/have is THE 4 words you used.

Look at them and read them to yourself, there is/was nothing funny about them, nothing in the comment to show that you were saying it in fun, no smilies of any kind to show that you were joking.

Take your comment and view it at face value, you were implying that I had or was taking it all seriously, both of the comments I had made before you made the one you did, clearly show that I was going along with the spirit of the joke.

Crazy:

You could have just said you knew it was a joke and moved on. No one would have thought about it, nor would it affect their opinion of you. But your response shows you were really irritated. The solution to that, of course, can be found in your signature line.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I could have done a lot of other people might have done, but I made the decision to do what I did, because other peoples opinion of me, especially those that have never actually interacted with me in person, like Grenadier, does not.

It is MY opinion of myself that matters and the fact that I was raised with the belief that when someone/anyone insults me for No Just Reason, it is up to ME to set them straight that such behaviors won't be tolerated.

Grenadier made the comment he did, simply because I don't agree totally with his political ideology down in the Crater, No Other Reason for him making the comment.

He brought his attitude concerning disagreements he and I have had in the Crater up to this area, trying to prove something, what I do not know nor do I care.

This topic had all the potential to be damned funny and get a lot of great responses, but because one person could not leave their attitude about someone else over disagreements that have taken place in a whole different topic area and jumping into this one and insinuating another person was too damn dumb to recognize the thread as a joke and found out that some individuals do not appreciate such behavior and have no problem expressing so.

It is super easy for someone like you to set on the sidelines and critique another persons actions and tell them how they SHOULD have handled the situation.

Should I have responded to Grenadier in the manner I did? YES, and if for no other reason than to inform him and anyone else that bringing hostile feelings from the cess pool of the ARPF up into other discussion areas is totally uncalled for.

Feelings and hostilities that develop in the Crater need to stay in the Crater.

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
quote:

Grenadier made the comment he did, simply because I don't agree totally with his political ideology down in the Crater, No Other Reason for him making the comment.

He brought his attitude concerning disagreements he and I have had in the Crater up to this area, trying to prove something, what I do not know nor do I care.
This is absolutely not true. You are 100 percent wrong here, Crazy, 100%. Coincidentally, our politics are more in agreement than disagreement. But politics or "the crater" didn't enter into it one way or the other. As I said, no slight or insult was meant.

On the other hand, you have made a very deliberate effort, and gone to great lengths, to insult me again and again. You took offense when none was meant or given. Now, you just can't seem to walk away from it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No Sir, In am not wrong. You made your response without reading either of the comments that I had made!

Both of my first comments on the discussion were made on APRIL First, ASPRIL FOOLS DAY, I knew it was a joke/prank and was playing along with it.

You either DID NOT read either of my prior responses, or you ACTUALLY believed I was taking the post SERIOUSLY!!!!!

quote:

WHAT, in that comment gave you ANY idea that I thought anything was REAL about the OP?????? Just Answer That!!!!!!

You made a smart ass comment, for whatever reason, THAT is why I responded the way I did. Real simple, your response appeared to insinuate that I was STUPID enough not to know it was a PRANK!!!!

Then when I went off on your ass, you got offended, not over what I responded to you with, but because you realized that you had screwed up and made an asinine comment that you should not have made!

It is really simple Grenadier, I am an ASSHOLE, I have never denied that, in fact I am quite proud to be one!

But your comment was intended to make me appear to be really FUCKING STUPID and unable to distinguish between reality and an April Fools Prank.

I am an ASSHOLE, a Self Made Son-Of-A-Bitch, but I am NOT STUPID! It was an April Fools Joke, I knew that it was, and I was playing along with it, until you decided to be the Big Man On Campus, and for the life of me I Do Not Know Why!!!!!!!

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I looked at the new posts and saw your post just previous to mine. I clicked the link, looked no further back in the thread, said it was a prank, and went back to browsing for new posts. There was no deep thought, no thorough examination of previous threads, no ulterior motive. It was NO BIG DEAL.

An appropriate response might have been something like, "Hey, dummy, I know it's a joke" or "You didn't think I took that seriously did you? Of course I didn't" or any of a lot of things. You might have even come back with some clever, funny, or rhetorical remark. Or just ignored it.

Instead, you saw red and you acted way out of proportion to anything I had said. I did not post the comment intending to make you appear anyway at all. I seriously doubt anybody else thought anything at all about my post. It was just a simple comment. Any personal assault exists only in your head.

killpc

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And anyone can look back and "claim" how they would have responded or "Tell" a person how "They" Could Have/Should Have responded, when the FACT is, no one knows how they are going to respond until in that position!

You are telling me what I could have done/should have done, No mention about how you could have worded YOUR comment differently is there???

You made, what to me was an inappropriate comment, and I reacted to it.

See, and I am guilty of it myself, you made a comment that in retrospect was worded in a manner that would offend. Whether you intended it that way or not, it is what happened and that is how I took it and why I responded as I did.

You have to admit, that you and I really do not get along all that well in the Crater. So the response you made came across as nothing more than a jab at me due to discussions that have taken place in the Crater, and before you feign innocence or that I am imagining things, I am smart enough to know that if I can think of such things happening so can others.

Both of us made a mistake intentionally or unintentionally, time to move on.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought some and tried them!
Pretty cool except I had to spin the hell out of my computer monitor to keep the image upright and level while viewing. LOL

I guarantee you that many fell for the prank!

Zeke

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Just imagine all the advertising that is done for free with one simple joke video.
Spread worldwide over the net again and again.

Congrats to whomever came up with the idea!

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4261 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am just curious as to how well they would work, out of my .38-55 versus my .375 H&H??????

Does it matter on the actual bore diameter.