THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: 5 hunters killed over tree stand!
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 5 hunters killed over tree stand!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Idared
posted Hide Post
Betting he never had a hunting licence either.

Surely not sticking up for the person, but he must have had a license. It maybe is a good thing he did because his back tag number is one thing that helped identify and eventually help catch him from what I have been able to find out.

Posts: 845 | Location: Central Washington State | Registered: 12 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes he had a license and yes the sks is faily common to hunt deer with.

one of us
posted Hide Post
After patiently reading all the posts on this, I got out my soap box. I heard this briefly on the local radio station this evening, and did not get all the details. All I heard was that two people were in the hospital, and the guys name who did it.

After the link to the article, this blew me away. I have hunted in that area in Wisconsin multiple times. Plenty of room and plenty of deer.

I have also had a lot of exposure to the Hmong refugees in Minnesota in the early 1980s working with state government in Minnesota, Ramsey County and The City of St. Paul.
As a hunter I have also had more than several run ins with these people in the field.

Yeah they came from a different culture, as close to the stone age as one can get in this world. When Vietnam fell in 1975, the Lutheran Churches in Minnesota brought and sponsered a lot of these people to come to Minnesota Being "Good Christians". Why else would someone move from a place where a cold day was 75 degrees to a place that hits 40 below in the winter?

Once they got to Minnesota, the state gave them a place to live, more money in Welfare than they had ever seen in their lives. Let them skate in courts when brought in for their involvement in drugs as they are part of their "religious ceremonies". IN the projects, they learned how to work the welfare system in Minnesota via the resident welfare abusers and drug dealers ( which I am sorry to say were usually the Afro American crowd, with no offense meant to anyone who may be afro american in the crowd.). These Hmong were so starved to be American citizens and compared to where they came from this whole country was Disneyland.

It is no big deal to them to let their 14 yr old Daughters sleep with someone especially if they are given money for it. To them if their daughters got pregnant by an American, then they were even closer to being real Americans from their prospective. There were a lot of half black and half asian babies being born to a lot of 14 to 16 yr old Hmong mothers in the projects in St Paul. Once the Hmong learned that this got them more welfare money, they were open to having all the kids they could with "American fathers".

ONe of the earliest thing they got in trouble for in St Paul in the early 1980s if any locals remember, was for "fishing" violations on the Mississippi River just downstream from Ft Snelling. Just like they learned to do in the Vietnam war,
Put a person on each side of a net across the river from bank to bank.. Then throw in explosives into the river, and it knocks out the fish who float downstream to the guys with the net.
Then they haul them in and take the entire catch back to the projects. This is in ST Paul city limits!!!!

Well they get busted and hauled into Federal court as this is federal jurisdiction. They skate for not knowing the " American Way" and being foreign. To them, being from Asia, this only meant don't get caught, so they just had to be more covert about it. Yet they continued to do it.

As for hunting. I have had multiple run ins with them in the field hunting. In good old Minnesota like most states, anyone can go plunk $15.00 or so on the counter at Walmart etc, and buy a hunting license as long as they are a state resident.
Hmong also learned to play dumb real quick in life and act like they did not understand. So one out in the woods with a shot gun did nt mean he had a valid hunting license.
IN Asia these people ate anything. They lived on Monkeys and Monkey brains is a delicacy in their world. So if they could cook it, they ate it. Hunting laws are not a real concern to them, staying alive is. Being well fed is a sign of being Rich to them.

One night I was in a stand of trees as the sun was setting, during squirrel season. I had on orange on my upper body.
A car pulled up and two Hmong got out with shotguns and started walking down the road. It was about 4;30. I watched them walk about half a mile down the road, and then turn around and come back to their car.

I was about 50 yrds in the woods and decided it was time to pack it in also, so I started walking out of the trees. I stepped on a stick, and as soon as I did both of the Hmong stopped. They jabbered to each other in their native tongue for about 30 seconds. Then they both lowered their shotguns and aimed them right toward me in the woods. I know they did not see me, they were just ready to shoot at anything that moved.

I instinctively dropped onto my back just as the first shots rang out. Both of them fired waist high into the woods. Brush was getting hit at waist level around me, but I was not hit thank Goodness.

When they ran out of ammo, they were speaking to each other again and were ready to walk into the woods to see if they had hit anything. I jumped up and fired my shotgun over their heads at a 45 degree angle.

They about pissed in their pants being shot at, and started yelling don't shoot in broken English. I don't think I ever covered 50 yds faster in my life, running toward these two clowns.

I had my shotgun pointed at them and one immediately dropped his shot gun on the ground. They were white as snow and shaking like a leaf. I grabbed the gun out of the other guys hand and then picked up the one that the first one had dropped.

I pointed my barrel down the road toward their car and mine and told them to start walking. Both had their hands in the air, and must have been thinking I was a cop or something.

When I got back to the cars, I had them spread eagle on the ground with their hands above their heads. I unscrewed the barrels of both of their shot guns and threw them into my Volvo wagen.

I then just got in my car and left and never ever went hunting in that area again. Whenever out hunting and I saw some Hmong come into the area, I just loaded up and left.

This is a product of the "liberalism" in this country. These people are left to skate on any laws that would put you and I in jail for life. Illegal to them means like it did in SE Asia, DON'T GET CAUGHT> Other than that, then it is okay to do it. Their views on laws are not the same as mine and yours.

Our nation needs to get off of this 'come one come all' attitude. We need to have some sort of parameters besides someone is from a third world country and needs a chance.

This clown having an SKS I am sure had nothing to do with it being an assault style rifle. It had to do with it was cheap, and cheap to shoot.

IN today's politically correct world, they did not even want to mention in the article that he was a Hmong. If it was a white guy that shot 5 Hmong, it would have been plastered all over the article. And the shooter would not have been called a suspect, he would have been called a murderer with a racial motive.

To me, it should not be the death penalty. It should good bye Minnesota and Wisconsin and hello VietNam. I am sure he would be welcomed back there.

Sorry no cheers or good shooting to wish on this post.
seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah Howard it is his culture;
and his culture is a good reason he should be in SE Asia instead of St Paul Minnesota.

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
blue, What the fuck is this But I believe that from local news accounts much of this had to do with Hmong culture rather than for any other reason. The Hmong people do many things differently that most American people do.
This POS wonton slope headed mother fucker shot 8 people, killing 5 and you bring up some fucking Hmong culture
Gee, lets tell the relatives of the dead and wounded, sorry but this was all due to the Hmong Culture
This is just why this country is going down the shitter, take this POS outside and blow his fuckin brains out in front of his fuckin "Hmong Bros..........................................

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Two friends and I were close to getting in trouble once, camped on the Yellowstone River. A fellow walked into camp with rifle talking crazy, and fortunately one of us had a rifle within reach. He left another ten minutes later, still talking crazy and was picked up by a car up on the road. We were lucky, convinced he was casing the camp or worse, and left pronto.

Never camp within 3 miles of an interstate if you can help it.

Posts: 14614 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe Ron Artest is a Hmong! What do you think?

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
blue, so this is why you don't stand behind the death sentence? I don't believe in the death penalty because of the now 83 cases (or more) where DNA evidence has proven that people who were on death row were inncoent, So, what are we talking here, at the very most maybe 1% if that. Hell, there are more than 1% innocent people killed by cops during drug busts and wrong addresses raids.
So what is your ruling in this case? give the poor little Hmong fucker a nice compfee cell with color TV, 3 squares a day and dry warm clothing for life

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It seems our society has gone overboard with PC correctness and protecting the nature of these immigrants culture. They are now in america for fucks sake! Its high time for them to adapt to our culture. I may be ignorant but it seems to me that alot of these nationalities simply come over here and set up their own little mini-cities and practice their culture just like in their homeland. They don't even attempt to integrate themselves into American culture except for the government handouts to start their own businesses etc. In the meantime, us homelanders cannot even go into these parts hardly because it's just like going into another country.
We became overrun with vietnamese types in the MT Hood National Forest starting 15 years ago. It was a little unsettling to hear full automatic gunfire in the woods on opening day of deer season. Now public ground hunting sucks so bad on the White River Unit that they have moved on to better ground. They pretty much exterminated anything that moved. They had a special affinity for our silver grey squirrels. Caught one cooking one over a fire out in the middle of nowhere once--cooking it on a stick; hide,hair, guts and all. At least he was gonna eat it. We reported their wanton behavior to the authorities on many occasions. We received little response, mainly from a lack of law enforcement in the woods and also because of the communication gap between these people and officers. Make no mistake on this...They know no laws and shoot anything they want to. Between this and real slob hunters, it makes my stomach turn. On a serious note; god bless those who were victimized by this crazed lunatic and my prayers go out to them and their families. There is no penalty severe enough for the perpetrator.

Posts: 69 | Location: Milwaukie, Oregon | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of byf42
posted Hide Post
holy shit! my girlfriend's family has a cottage right on the chippewa flowage near the town of winter, wisconsin. i was looking into going bear hunting in that area. wow! my prayers for the family of the deceased.

blue- i respect your opinions. but in a clear cut case as this one, there is no percentage of chaig yang being innocent. shoot the bastard! yeah ok, maybe in his culture, they use sks rifles for hunting, or he didn't know he was tresspassing, because in his culture, it's whoever is there first. i'm sure his culture doesn't advocate murdering 5 people for no reason. granted none of us were there, but shooting unarmed people and a 24 year old woman? c'mon. maybe it could be reasoned self defense on the first guy(if he was armed and threatened said hmong) but to shoot down these people for no reason in any culture is wrong. i say fry the sob!!!!

Posts: 497 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of byf42
posted Hide Post
blue- i understand what you are saying. i also understand why you do not support the death penalty, and that you are not sticking up for this scumbag. let me ask you a question. would you supprot the death penalty in a case like this, where it is obvious that he is guilty of killing these people?

one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted Hide Post
Very well said.

Pete

Posts: 810 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seafire , good post !!!

As for this asians culture. To hell with his culture.

How about some of our American culture . A speedy trial. Put the piece crap murderer on a horse and hang him from the nearest tree.

edited to be politicaly correct

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Quote:

...and maybe even old Kalashnikov himself?

Simonov designed the SKS, not Kalashnikov.

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Idared
posted Hide Post
Yes he had a license and yes the sks is faily common to hunt deer with.

I'm not sure if this is tongue in cheek or not, but just in case some don't realize it you have to wear a back tag in Wisconsin that displays your license number. I read in one account that one of the hunters who was shot wrote this number in the dust on a four wheeler with his finger. It was one of the things used to arrest the suspect.

It is a simple thing to read this back tag with a pair of binoculars from a good distance away and I might add this is one thing that is used to identify a lot of trespassers. When I was with the DNR in Wisconsin one year it was enough to get a visit paid to you by the local law, and you better have an air tite alibi as to your whereabouts to get out of the citation. Most of those I knew about didn't and few even protested.

Posts: 845 | Location: Central Washington State | Registered: 12 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If the culture immigrants have where they came from is so great then why don't they stay there. I thought they came here for a better life, why then do they try to make their life here the same as in their old country. There are good immigrants who truly do want to adapt and improve their lives, the problem is there are many who have no intention of conforming to a western lifestyle, they only come here to rape and pillage our system. There should be an immigration policy whereby immigrants are on probation for their entire life subject to being kicked out of the country upon the first conviction of any contravention of any criminal law. I don't care what color or race or what country they come from. In other words any immigrant convicted of a crime does not do jail time or cost the taxpayer any money after they are convicted, they are immediatly put on the next flight out of the country and returned to their country of origin, no exceptions. Photographs, fingerprints and DNA taken, tattooed serial number applied to forehead hands and feet, recorded and supplied to a national data bank and permanently banned forever. We cannot accurately verify who any of them really are and therefore we should not grant any kind of permanent citizinship to any immigrant from anywhere, only subsequent generations that are born here.

Posts: 372 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
HAY GUYS, WHAT'S GOIN' ON IN THIS KLAN MEETING???!!11 LOL

Please STFU about gooks and gook culture already.

Why are you letting emotion get into the way of rational thinking? Turning into a bunch of whiny liberal women or wat?

This is an atrocity. F!ck that murderer and I hope he gets ass raped to death in prison. But some of your response make me sick.

All this bitching about immigration, just about every ethnic group that has moved here faced some sort of discrimination, including the Irish and Italians, some of you guys are just continuing the cycle.

Making their little versions of their cities here in the US? What's the difference between that and stuff like bringing St Patrick's Day and Columbus Day here? It's cultural integration.

This tragedy is bad for hunters, and probably worse for Asian hunters. I can already see how some of you are gonna act towards them.

I'm a gook. I like to think of myself as part of the hunting/gun owner community too. F!ck the racists.

Posts: 1282 | Location: here | Registered: 26 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Seafire , good post !!!

As for this Gooks culture. Fuck his culture.

How about some of our American culture . A speedy trial. Put the piece of shit gook slophead murderer on a horse and hang him from the nearest tree.

i'm not defending the perps actions, but i have a feeling there was some red-neck comment similar to one like a local resident's:

Quote:

"I don't know what's wrong with everything. It's pathetic. They let all these foreigners in here, and they walk all over everybody's property," said Jim Arneberg, the owner of the Haugen Inn in nearby Haugen.

the Hmong fought and died for the US during vietnam. even though they may not look like your average caucasian, they fought with us...

Quote:

Hmong veterans are aware that many Americans do not welcome refugees who do not speak English. They know that many are unaware of how the Hmong took orders from Americans, cooked food for them, guarded them, carried them when they were wounded, wrapped their bodies when they were killed.
When their American friends left in 1974, Hmong hopes for a free Laos were dashed. Tou Yang, 41, constantly relives the years after the American pullout, when he and the other Hmong resisters were trapped in the mountains, valleys, and jungles that teemed with hostile troops. Though his body is here in Minnesota, Tou Yang's spirit walks in post-1974 Laos. "The Americans left and we felt abandoned and there was no escape. We couldn't get to Thailand; we couldn't get to freedom; our leaders left us. Now that we are in America, we still feel like we've been abandoned," he said....

While serving in special guerrilla units during the Vietnam War, between 10,000 and 20,000 Hmong men, women and children were killed, and more than 100,000 fled to Thai refugee camps. There are 27,000 Hmong in Minnesota, and an estimated 5,000 to 7,000 of them fought in the CIA's special forces....

Vietnam veteran Bob Anderson is deeply involved with the local Hmong population and often travels to Laos.... "The Hmong who fought in (General) Vang Pao's army understood they were fighting for the Americans and that they were in some sense an American army. They often mention the promise that was made. It's not clear who made it and when, but some promise was made that if the war went badly, the Hmong would be taken care of," Anderson said. "The Hmong were used."
snip
In Wisconsin, there is still significant prejudice against the Hmong people, though many people are reaching out to them. I feel that Senator Herb Kohl has been helpful and concerned about the Hmong, and has publicly praised them for their heroic support of the U.S. in the Vietnam War

link

who knows, maybe the perps father fought and died for the US in Vietnam and his family has been murdered in retaliation for supporting the US. when the victims seen this "gook" they told him to get the f$%# outta the country and go back to where he came from. what would you do??? the truth will come out....

Posts: 211 | Location: MT | Registered: 24 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

When I was with the DNR in Wisconsin one year it was enough to get a visit paid to you by the local law, and you better have an air tite alibi as to your whereabouts to get out of the citation. Most of those I knew about didn't and few even protested.

yeah and so much for innoncent until proven guilty eh?

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Idared
posted Hide Post
Quote:

yeah and so much for innoncent until proven guilty eh?

Simple matter, just prove you weren't trespassing as charged. If you were, you will pay for it. There are so many complaints that many law agencies just don't fool around.

Things are not wide open back there like they are in much of the west. People spend a good hunk of money either buying or leasing land for a nine day deer hunt. I certainly don't blame them for not wanting everyone and his brother whom they don't even know hunting on it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Dork Lord,,, "The Klan Meeting", Whos a whiney liberal woman , not you?

The guy murdered 5 people

Exsanguinate ,,, You dont like Rednecks? its american culture !!!

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of byf42
posted Hide Post
blue- yeah, i heard about the 6th person too. what a shame. i respect and can appreciate your views on the death penalty, whether it be from a religiuos standpiont, personal, etc. i myself would like to see this shithead fry.

as for the "gook" comments, no we cannot judge a whole race of people for the actions of this slime. but we can enforce tighter regulations on immigrants, and those who are already in our country, to follow our rules, and abide by our laws. whether it be asian, mexican, martian, whoever, you are in our country, follow our rules, or get out, no exceptions. i read in an earlier post about this group using explosives to fish, and get away with it because in their culture, that is how they do it. here, we do not do that. let them stay here, but follow our laws, our rules and regulations, or leave. just my .02

one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
Quote:

The Dork Lord,,, "The Klan Meeting", Whos a whiney liberal woman , not you?

The guy murdered 5 people

Exsanguinate ,,, You dont like Rednecks? its american culture !!!

Was it not racist? I'm not gonna take anything back. Only whiny liberal women jab at biggots as being in the KKK?

Stop letting your grief/anger for this incident take over your rational thinking woman!

Edit: he murdered 5 people... What would you say if the bastard was Caucasian? Nothing about his ethinicity I bet!

You're just letting your prejudices surface.. my dad does this with white people sometimes. You and my dad both suck.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I am afraid his nationality means absolutely nothing.

We have madmen in all nationalities and races.

But, knowing human nature, some anomosity towards his ken will certainly increase, which will result in more sufferings on both sides of the fence.

Something as illogical as his own crime.

I do hope common sense will prevail, if only to stop more innocent people made to suffer.

Posts: 68770 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blue,
I did go back and reread your posts. And yes, I should not have referred to your cranial cleansing.

Quote:

But I believe that from local news accounts much of this had to do with Hmong culture rather than for any other reason.

Quote:

I believe that his culture and the importance of his bringing home game for his family caused him to snap

You are looking for excuses for what he did. You keep saying you are not defending him but those senteces belie that statement. Now you need to go back and reread seafires post. It had nothing to do with culture. What he posted does not support your position. His post had to do with a group of people learning to live outside the law and get away with it. And the many methods they have for their illegal activities ad lawlessness. That is not culture, it is criminal element. It seems they may have figured a way to practice what they do and stay out of jail without an attorney. Now that is a novel approach.

I know very little of the Hmong people. I can not imagine that they are all engaged in illegal activites but it sounds like a good number of them are. Their culture does not excuse this action, nor does the desire to bring home meat. Even the suggestion of that is utter foolishness.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We do not have any Hmong here in Canada, but, we have a flood of other Asians, Africans and other non-traditional immigrants and, like it or not, our violent crime has increased enormously due to our liberal immigration laws and the policy of "multiculturalism" thhat our government uses to buy votes from these newcomers.

If, one dares to criticize this situation, the screams of "racism" drown out any rational discourse, while the influx of terrorists and criminals continues. I agree with Oscar Makonka's attitudes on the immigration question, because inappropriate immigration is destroying both Canada and the USA.

The death penalty would not have prevented this horrific tragedy, nor does it prevent murder, generally. Anyone, who would do this sort of thing, for any reason, is so whacked out that he, she or it ain't gonna be thinking clearly enough to be concerned about the consequences of his actions. Making a "counter-culture" hero of him by lynching him will simply make things worse, remember George Jackson, et. al. and Attica ?

Calling each other "Klansmen", "Gooks" or "Rednecks" ain't gonna get to the root of the problem, either and the reference to Blue's brain being drycleaned was a really shitty remark directed at a decent guy, that's bullshit. Saeed is right, madmen exist everywhere and all we can really do is try to locate and disable them before they go completely bonkers........and we ain't doing so well in North America with that, these days.

Oh yeah, some members of my family pioneered in the USA in the mid-17th Century and others came to Canada at the same time; I am not a Gook, but, I am a Kraut-Mick-Haggisbasher-Limey-Scowegian, but, worst of all, I am a Canuck!

Posts: 1379 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 02 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"Nationality" I beg to differ Saeed.

These Hmong people have a bad reputation here in California too. I've talked to hunters on the west side of the Central Valley (North of Sacramento) and many have reported horror stories to me where the Hmongs killed anything that walked, crawled, flew or swam with a total disregard of our game laws.

Personally, I had only one experience with them when I was in the Sacramento River Delta area and I approached a group that was bank fishing and I asked a woman for directions to a certain place. You should have seen her reaction to my question! She went into an absolute tizzy yelling "I know notting! I know notting! I know notting!" loud enough for her male friends to hear. I left wondering "Now what in the world was she feeing panicky or guilty about? Was she recalling a previoius episode where she was being questioned?

If their culture is such that they eat anything that breathes, without regard to bag limits, seasons, etc., then perhaps the California Department of Fish and Game (and also those of other states) should hold special workshops for immigrants such as those to teach them the do's and don'ts of hunting and fishing. But that probably "couldn't fly" as it might not be PC.

Lastly, I resent their greedy behavior displayed in how they milk our Social Services in Califonia. My information comes from a very close friend who is in a position to know how they play the system to reap the most benefits and lying and cheating is definitely not beneath them.

BTW I'm an immigrant too, but I assimilated and play by the rules.

Posts: 27 | Location: State of Jefferson, USA | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blue,
Point well taken. I do not profess to be a well rounded individual with a lot of exposure with matters that are being discussed on this thread. I was only relating my experiences where I hunt. I should have left some of my other thoughts out of my statement. However, I honestly do believe that the laws of this nation should apply to everyone equally and that being so damn PC has tipped the scales out of balance. Thankyou to the media for exacerbating the problem.

Posts: 69 | Location: Milwaukie, Oregon | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
It's begun.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/s...02496552&EDATE=

I wonder how far the liberal bastards will go..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dork Lord--Dont choke on it!

one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
Damn you!!1

DAMNIT I'VE SET MYSELF UP!!1 >_<

Edited... hehehe

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dork:

Welcome to my Ignore button! Is this Mortie's illegitimate kid?

seafire

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah Kutenay, you are a Canuck! But one that makes a lot of sense. Good post!
seafire

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote from Bluejob: "I don't believe in the death penalty because..." blah blah blah.

Like I said, talk is cheap and if you weren't just another flannelmouth you'd cough up some donations for the state of Minnesota to pay for this multiple murderer's next 30 years of three hots and a cot (complete with Hmong cultural privileges).

Posts: 44 | Location: Wolverton Mountain, NH | Registered: 22 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
CustomStox;

I had to add comment. One thing we Americans don't understand about cultures in the third world, is they having a different viewpoint on laws.

In our nation we are taught to obey laws. In a lot of other countries, Laws are obeyed if they are enforced. A lot of people with money just pay off the cop a few bucks and the problem never happened. Poor people ( which is most of them) just have to do whatever they do or need to survive, and not get caught. So to them illegal means Just Don't Get Caught, not 'DONT DO IT" as it does to our culture.

They have a different prospective. However it is kept alive by people who call themselves liberals, who are always making excuses for them and protectiing them from the legal system, making them accountable for their actions. What applies to you and me doesn't apply to them. Or if it does not in the same severity.

Most Hmong have been in Minnesota since the early 1980s. That is 25 yrs or so. Believe me, they are not so dumb and they have had more than enough time "to know which way the wind blows". They know life is a lot easier by playing dumb and acting like they don't Understand anything.

Liberals in this country are as much to blame if not more to blame for his attitudes than his culture. They fill these peoples's head with the notion they can do anything, because repercussions don't apply to them, only the natives.

We need to ship some of these liberals to places like Laos and let them live in their culture for a few years and then see what their prospective is when they get back. I'd also like to see how tolerant the countries are where they came from.
That is why we end up with them here.

As someone mentioned, yeah the Hmong fought beside US troops during VietNam. But there were also Hmong in the Viet Cong. So I say let the ones who fought with the USA come here and stay here. But all the other ones who got here rode on the coattails of church liberalism to spread the word of God to them and offer them a better life, so church goers could feel Christian about themselves.

I have been around these people and I have never been impressed much at all. The state of Minnesota can't do enough for them and almost act like all of these Asian and African Immigrants they have attracted to the land of 40 below, are some sort of STAR PETS or something.

And Liberals and Minorities are always the first ones to scream Racism for any reason they can. Most of the minorities are bigger racists, than any white guy ever thought of being.

I personally have no use for:
White Trash
Black Trash
Asian Trash
Hispanic Trash
etc.

The key word is TRASH. People who have no morals or care for their fellow man. That take advantage of some Liberal idiots reasons of enlightment they think they have over everyone else. I am going to treat anyone the way they treat me. Show me respect and I will show you respect. Don't show me rrespect and I will return the favor.

All my brother in laws and sister in laws do not have to be a minority of some sort or else that makes me a redneck.

Personally I am shocked that the people who were shot did not have a firearm with them. Personally the liberals ought to be happy the cops got ahold of him before the locals or the family did.

I think it should be the families that decide his fate. They have paid the price for it.
seafire

one of us
Picture of alvinmack
posted Hide Post
You will often hear quite a few hmong people in this area claiming ignorance to the laws and you have liberal judges like Blue letting them off easy. Turns out the land he was trespassing on was had no trespassing signs posted EVERYWHERE.

Why do I even bring this up??? Because the local news station was showing the residence of Chai Vang on a video feed and he had two NO TRESPASSING signs posted on the fence. Isn't this just lovely

-Mike

Posts: 448 | Location: Lino Lakes, MN | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Clifton:

Blue is a decent guy. I think a lot of people are not really understanding his prospective.

I am not for the death penalty either. However the more stuff you read like this, the harder it is to be convinced it is not applicable at times.

Lack of it in places is why the crime rate keeps climbing.

People also need to understand where these people came from. This guy has had to be in this country 15 to 20 years are more. If he is 40 now, he was 20 when he got here.

These people are comfortable living in an area smaller than a cell and sleeping on the floor, so a cot and cell might just be an environmental improvement. Remember these people came from a place they lived in Mud Huts, Monkeys and wild peppers, and rats were their daily diets. They had no clue what electricity was and their annual income was less than $30.00 a year. These are people who made foot wear out of the tires off of US Military vehicles.

So prison in Wisconsin is a step up from where they lived and how they lived in SE Asia. Can you hear the complaints if prisons were serving RAT daily as meat?

Yet in SE ASIA it was a daily staple. And your bed was a dirt floor in a mud hut with a leaky roof.

seafire

one of us
posted Hide Post
All this has nothing to do with the guy's nationality or the kind of gun he used. He was some nut job on private land who shouldn't have been there, IMHO. The kind of guy you worry about finding in your woods and asking to leave.... Living in MN, I'm real familiar with how the Hmongs behave with respect to animals. In neighborhoods with a large Hmong population, you won't find any squirrels, rabbits, songbirds, snakes, etc. They eat everything regardless of laws. But that has no bearing on him shooting PEOPLE. Even a complete idiot knows that it's not right to shoot people - there was something wrong in his head. He's of no use to the world, and I'm not inclined to help pay for his room and board.

The SKS subject has no bearing. Hell, they are inexpensive rifles with little recoil. We've used them for years for woods work. What would be the difference if the guy had gone berserk with a car and ran it into a crowd of hunters, killing 6? Or if he had used a single shot rifle? It's the wacko behind the trigger that casues the problem. maxman

Posts: 337 | Location: Minnesota, USA | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
The last news story I read says that he (Chai Vang) is an army veteran. A US Army veteran! This isn't about race, culture, or any other nonsense. It's about a murdering scum. They come in all races and from all backgrounds.

Immigrants need to be held just as accountable as anyone else for their actions. I don't buy any of the excuses given like cultural differences, language barriers, or any of the other crutches given to let people off the hook. If it were up to me this guy would burn at the stake. By the way, I am an immigrant from SE Asia.

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Some rocket scientist stated earlier here that the Hmong fought for the U.S. during the War in Vietnam. WRONG! The U.S. fought for the Hmong during the Vietnam War. Get it?

It's the misunderstanding of not-so-subtle points such as this that result in the skewed, completely incorrect perception of history that the liberalized general population suffers from.

The Communists killed them wholesale, we did not. So, what side would you think they're going to choose? They fought for us??? Gimme a stinkin' break! Honor or altruism was not part of their thought process. Simple pragmatism, that is all.

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote