New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suck it Covid
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It has rained for 5 months here at the house. The Ovid lockdown thing is going on. My wife’s 30 birthday was canceled.

Today it was 75 with a 10 mile an hour breeze. I spent the first half of the day after a gravy and biscuit breakfast digging out culverts, mowed, and weed eater around the main yards.

My wife, our dog, and I laid a blanket under a tree in our front yard. My brother pulled up the driveway an hour later. He and I just got done fishing one of the compounds farm pounds. We both caught three bass, lost a bunch more. The biggest was my 3 pounder. None were less than 14 inches. He both caught bluegill bigger than John Henry’ hand.

Then we finished with some informal, still cooperative trap.

We finished the day off with Henry McKenna 10 year Bottled in Bond KY Straight Bourbon, EH Taylor Bottled in Bond Small Batch, and a pour of Glenfiddich 12 whilemi bitched about his new wife making him go home.

One of the best days I have had in a long time. I am a rich man.

Posts: 11389 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Sounds great!

Congrats!

I have not touched any of my firearms for over a month, my range is shut down and it is a 100 mile drive to some BLM I can shoot on. A case of 6.5 Creedmoor came in on Thursday, and I ordered a mag bolt face for my American Rifle Company Nucleus, I'll order a 340 Weatherby barrel when everyone gets back to work next week. None of the gunshops where I live are open.

We had a good pre-Easter, kids played a ton, we enjoyed the backyard and I did some glue trapping for scorpions, centipedes, spiders and mice.

Had some onion/potato hashbrowns fried in coconut oil and butter and a big ribeye for dinner.

We had a community parade where we followed the fire trucks and police cars up and down the residential area and waved at everyone. We had about 30 cars, and about 100 people came out of their houses. Kids got to talk to the Easter bunny through the window of the truck and we headed home.

America is different, but we will survive!

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trapping scorpions and spiders sounds like combat to me. Wife and I are starting the fire pit.

Posts: 11389 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I was shoveling snow...

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I cut trees that fell over logging roads watched a bunch of deer scouted for turkey season.

Shot some clays and some 38spls general enjoyed my self.

Suppose to snow tomorrow up to a foot

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
A bit of fun with an interesting test

We are all on lock down.

Shooting is no problem, as I have a shooting range right here.

Plenty of guns and ammo.

Busy in the workshop too.

Finished chambering 3 barrels, a 308 Winchest, 6.5 x 55 Swedish Mauser and a 375/404.

Plenty of work to do.

But, sadly, all our businesses are suffering because of the lock down.

Only supermarkets selling food and pharmacies are open.

Everyone else is supposed to be on 30% work force.

But, due to the lock down laws employees cannot go out except for food and very essential reasons.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67474 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are the same way Saeed. But I am blessed with a some property. On the compound I have the say. Brother decided the wife was already bitching, so he stayed and caught 2 more bass.

Between the rain, biblical, and my own health I have not been outside in 4 months. Except for my quail hunt in the middle of a hurricane.

I will take this day to my grave.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No shooting as range is closed.

I have 1/4 of my house painted. They quit due to covid but county gave permission and are back on Monday.

Cleaned my small shed - going to get rid of it and put a concrete pad and built a bigger shed. Project for summer when concrete pourer are back up and running.

Cleaning by pool area. Need to get some paver guys to pour some sand, till then I am cleaning everything.

Will do a lot of house cleaning and other stuff for next month.

Need to get my crap all organized. Covid the granD organizer.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Am building a big book shelf. Ran out of stain.
Went to Lowe's for a can. Big crowd, most everyone
was keeping their distance.

Came home feeling decent for once planning on going to
work on the wood. Water bill came. Usage doubled again,
this time to 16,000gal. Should be under 2000. Crippled
myself up chasing things down trying to find a leak and
never did. Has to be this new electronic pos meter gone
whacky. Called water works service and told her. "call
back Monday, click!". Sent 'em an e'mail instead: "Come change this goofy meter!"

Couple hours nap I felt better and got the stain on what
was left. Hurting like hell yet, munching on some crab
salad I'd bought. Don't take much to be too much at a
sitting. Dog don't like it at all. Guess because it's
not steak.

Glad everyone's doing so well with all this time off
and can't figure out what to do with yourselves.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5962 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Went to Lowe's for a can. Big crowd, most everyone was keeping their distance

My friend who runs a hardware store says his business is booming.

Every body doing those project they didn't have time for.

Paint is flying off the shelves.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah! There's a line to get into Home Depot and Lowes here. Honey do lists are getting taken care of so not everybody is dying of boredom. We tiled our stairs to the second level and had the house painted.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12929 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The range 10 min (was 15 before COVID) from my house is open; can shoot to 500 yards there. I have been coyote hunting every Saturday and making a few trips per week into the desert for long range shooting. Yesterday I shot my Edge at 840 and 857 yards to test my SIG Kilo AB RF at uphill angles; works like a champ.

Ms AZW have a new Friday afternoon ritual: we ride our bikes for 16 miles in South Mountain Park, then go to the Phoenix Rod and Gun Club where she operates the clay trap for me. I had a huge head start on the bike ride but she caught me at about mile 14. She is riding now with a friend.

Saw no coyotes yesterday.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this whole thing has had zero affect on me.
the oldest girl went from 2 days a week at her crap part time job to 1 day a week.
that's pretty much it.

if the weather would pick a temperature and stay there I'd be a lot happier.
50 for a day down to 9 or 10 at night and not over 30 for a week then 50 for a day or two.
snow ice rain.
just pick one for god's sake.

Posts: 4988 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have not shot any rifles because I am worried about an ammo shortage.

4 boxes of 7 shot won’t be missed from by closet.

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Josh,

I will trade you all the ammo you want for some of that top shelf Bourbon and Scotch. Seems like all the good stuff was bought up early on. Glad you are doing well.

Keep safe,
Clark

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Well, being a banker, I’ve been working my ass off doing PPP loans these last 3 weeks. Been working 75-80 hours a week since March 22. Every single day from around 8:00 AM until midnight. We all even worked through Easter.

The rush to get these loans is as bad as people rushing to hoard toilet paper, paper towels and water 4 weeks ago. Way more demand than capacity right now. The SBA’s website has been repeatedly crashing due to excessive volume of traffic registering loans.

I guess the good side is I’ll earn enough extra from it to pay for another safari.

Posts: 3877 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Purvis:
Josh,

I will trade you all the ammo you want for some of that top shelf Bourbon and Scotch. Seems like all the good stuff was bought up early on. Glad you are doing well.

Keep safe,
Clark

Captain:

If you can tell me how to get a bottle to you, it is yours. Every time I try to mail someone a bottle it never gets there.

PM how and a bottle will be on the way.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saturday is turkey season in KY. I will be social distancing in the farm hunting turkey. Turkeys where everywhere before and after last storm.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:

I guess the good side is I’ll earn enough extra from it to pay for another safari.

No shit. I cannot believe the origination fees the banks are getting for PPP loans. Criminal...

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:

No shit. I cannot believe the origination fees the banks are getting for PPP loans. Criminal...

Assuming a bank will give you a loan. The only company I own that would be interested in a loan has its checking account with Merrill Lynch which does not give out the loans. They are owned by BoA and they will not give a loan to any business that does not have an account with them and ML does not count.

I called tons of banks unless you are already a customer they will not give a PPP loan to you regardless of qualifications. I know mine is not the only business in that pickle.

As much as I hate Pelosi and Schumer they do have a point in putting in regulations before agreeing to an extension of PPP so banks will give out loans to all, not just their own preferred customers.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have actually secured two of these SBA administered loans, approved and funds received.

I had to go to Frankfort and raise hell to get KY a federal declaration so KY businesses would qualify. I will never get credit for it. But one hell session later, conference call to McConell from the President of Gen. Assembly Senate. The Governor announced approval and sent the memo at 6:00 pm.

I am proud of that.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
I have actually secured two of these SBA administered loans, approved and funds received.

I had to go to Frankfort and raise hell to get KY a federal declaration so KY businesses would qualify. I will never get credit for it. But one hell session later, conference call to McConell from the President of Gen. Assembly Senate. The Governor announced approval and sent the memo at 6:00 pm.

I am proud of that.

WOW...that's great man!!! For the past 10 days or so, all I get is "oh...we forgot, we need this too", over and over again. I don't think most bankers have any idea what's really going on with this whole deal?

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4885 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just to show that fate, destiny, the large spinning clock that is the world where Providence may intervene or not:

Sunday we had a massive storm system come through. Temps have dropped down into the 30s. The Flood Waters jumped back up. We had a record breaking flood in February. My community has been without power for three nights and four days. I am blessed with an industrial generator. We were all blessed.

The worst of the knife was spared us. It was a scarier storm than most. However, to us it has been one giant inconvenience.

Mississippi, Georgia, and Alabama it has meant death. I am thankful of God's mercy to me and mine. I am mournful to those who received less earthly protection.

Covid 19 makes matters much worse. Everything is geared to Covid 19 mitigation. I can't get a truck to Nashville with relief, and now more states have been hammered by tornados.

The rain falls on the just and unjust alike is all I can say. Faith is the acceptance of God's dominion when the earth seems like it will, can, and shall swallow one whole. I have not got to be in Church for over a month. Please, forgive or indulge me.

So, suck it Covid 19 whether I am turkey hunting on Saturday or in the ICU peace is for the soul.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanks:
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:

Assuming a bank will give you a loan. The only company I own that would be interested in a loan has its checking account with Merrill Lynch which does not give out the loans. They are owned by BoA and they will not give a loan to any business that does not have an account with them and ML does not count.

I called tons of banks unless you are already a customer they will not give a PPP loan to you regardless of qualifications. I know mine is not the only business in that pickle.

As much as I hate Pelosi and Schumer they do have a point in putting in regulations before agreeing to an extension of PPP so banks will give out loans to all, not just their own preferred customers.

The issue with requiring you to have a checking account is a fallout from the GFC called "Know your Customer." Banks gave out loans back then without having any history with that person, not knowing their capacity to make the loan payments, etc.

The easiest way to comply with the "Know your Customer" rule (which Pelosi and Schumer helped pass ten years ago) is to only do business with those you know, ie, your current customers.

The other issue is that the money is deposited directly to your account. If you don't have an account, it is impossible to transfer the money.

All that said, ML is owned by BofA...