Find
Notify
Tools

something different
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello
I slipped and fell badly on my prosthetic.

The fall resulted in a crushed and sheared tibia plateau fracture. I had to have surgery which required two bone graphs, a bone cement repair on the 7cm vertical fracture and a complete repair of the meniscus. Also plates and screws were required. I wont be able to weight bare for 4 months.

Have any here dealt with such as this? I am worried about how I may or not heal or walk.
I am also concerned about how this all will effect my prosthetic.
Thank you
coues
DS

Posts: 337 | Location: flagstaff az | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
While I have not had it happen to me, you keep your spirits up and work for the best. Let us know about your progress.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2327 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will pray for a speedy recovery.OB

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MsAZW was on her bike and was hit by a moron while in a left turn lane (he crossed the line while turning left from her right). Her tibia and fibula were sticking out of her leg; at first they thought of amputating her foot/leg below the knee, but they did a bone graft from her hip, put a rod in her leg along with 14 bolts. Ten months later she climbed Kilimanjaro with me and today functions normally, and I bet you can as well.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Frowner Ouch. Bone grafts generally work really well. I just had one in an ankle fusion.

I have a fake knee and have fallen on it a few times. Fortunately no issues. I hope you recover fully.

~Ann

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all. Im doing what the doctors tell me, so hopefully I will heal up fine.
Thank you again.
coues
DS

Posts: 337 | Location: flagstaff az | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote