New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fed Fusion Ammor
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Wally world has 308 fussion on sale @ 10.89/box 150 grain. anybody used this ammo.

Thanks

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1231 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted Hide Post
I have used them in my 270 wsm with great results. Plenty of one shot kills on deer, just need to do your part. I have an uncle who uses this exclusively in his 30-06. It shoots well in his rifle and is very well priced for the performance.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks.
I think I'll stock up dancing

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1231 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted Hide Post
I would, wish the local wally world here had that sale.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
els,

My 300 WSM shoots the 165 gr really well. I have made several 1 shot kills and havn't seen any sign ofbullet failure. The chap at that sights in scopes at the Bass Pro range says he has never had any gun he's tried that didn't shoot them well.

Hawkeye47

One of Us
posted Hide Post
considering the rising cost of ammo, i'd buy every box they have! thats a fantastic price!!

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
if my local had that, and 10 boxes or so, i would build another 308!
jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39702 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
I checked on-line and nothing. At this price, I will stock up. I got Barnes-X 150 grain, moly coated, 308, for almost this price, three years ago, and am running low.

When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults!

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Buy alot!! If for nothing else fire form for brass. The price is right!

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ive used fed fusion in my 243 on 2 deer, they are accurate and the core stays bonded well. They are somewhat explosive and will destroy a lot of meat if you hit a ham. I recovered 2 bullets and they lost about 20-30 percent of their mass, penetrated well but not like the 85gr TSX I am using now. For the price they are decent and with your 308 you will get better penetration I am sure....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used one in a 300WSM at about 30 yards to finish a Red Hartebeast that was down but not out. The 180 grain must of impacted at around 2900 FPS and it weighed 128 grains and expanded to .85. I really like them for that size animal and smaller. Hawkeye 47 used one in 165 grain in his 300WSM to killed an Ibex and he said that he had never seen anything die so fast. He has killed animals in at least 9 countries so he has plenty of experience.

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Keep the receipt from at least 2 boxes as there is a $5 a box Fusion rebate going on now. And by that I mean, today is the last day!!!

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote