THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Newark Airport - TRavel with Firearms??

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newark Airport - TRavel with Firearms??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Dear All,

I'm considering a trip to the US. When I looked for flights, the most obvius option would route me through Newark airport. I have never flown via Newark before, so I was wondering if any of you had comments about travelling on this route with firearms (or on the airport in general)??

Normally, I have experienced few problems when travelling with firearms through Western US airports, Atlanta or Dallas/Ft Worth. I'm not sure what to expect in an Eastern airport???

I'm likely to have about a 4 hours stop-over in Newark to catch my connecting flight. That may seem a lot, but with US Immigration and Customs (travelling with firearms, sic!) to get past, you often find you NEED the long stop-over...

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
I've done it the other direction, Las Vegas to Newark to Toronto....just checked them all the way through, no issues.....good steak house in the Newark airport...

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks mate, much appreciated!

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've flown from Newark to Atlanta with rifles and on to South Africa the next day with no issues.

Posts: 1473 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kevin, good to know.

- mike