THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    14 yr old colo hunter bags 307 mule deer

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

14 yr old colo hunter bags 307 mule deer
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
what a jaw dropping monster

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
UPDATE: Official Measurer Roger Selner green scored Kyle's great non-typical at 303. It has 25 points on the right and 16 on the left. Roger brought the buck by B&C's Headquarters this morning. It's definitely an impressive trophy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW!!! What a buck.

Congratulations to the young hunter.

Posts: 231 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: 08 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
He may as well not go after mule deer again! No way to top that !!!!

Great buck!

Justin

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gollly thats a big un!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dat''s a whopper!!! time to take up elk hunting!!!

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jeff Sullivan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buglemintoday:
He may as well not go after mule deer again! No way to top that !!!!

I don't really understand this statement. I killed a 178" whitetail in 2004 and will probably never top it where I hunt, but I still hunt and kill deer. This obsession with having to top what you killed in previous seasons really gets taken overboard by many hunters.

If the kid never kills another buck close to this one, he did good and killed one heck of a buck.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jeff, I don`t think he meant that literally.I doubt this will be his last hunt and if anything (He`s hoooked!!!!!!!!!!) Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Here are a couple more pics that really do the deer justice...

What an absolute giant!

Give it a few years and Ray will advertise this deer as having come off of one of his leases Big Grin

Drum

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
amazing!! i mean truwly amazing

me, i might would have shot the doe he was chasing sofa

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38658 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OLBIKER:
jeff, I don`t think he meant that literally.I doubt this will be his last hunt and if anything (He`s hoooked!!!!!!!!!!) Big Grin

Thanks OL!

I didn't mean that he shouldn't hunt anymore. It's just unbelievable to get such a large buck so young!

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
That be real nice!!!

Posts: 146 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
where was the buck taken?

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc:

Colorado

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Holy crap! shocker That is a BUSTER of a buck!

John

There are those that do, those that dream, and those that only read about it and then post their "expertise" on AR!

Posts: 831 | Location: Mount Vernon, WA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
quote:

Colorado

Hey drum, thought you were a TX man. You always been in Windsor?

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow ... there's a young man with a great memory but a real problem. He many NEVER even see another one that big no less tag it.

Congratulations!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Incredible!!!

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9379 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
quote:

Colorado

Hey drum, thought you were a TX man. You always been in Windsor?

I will always be a TX man!

I got transfered with the company I work for a couple years ago up here to CO. Windsor is a neat little town.

Looks like I might make another move real soon down to NM. That wouldnt be all bad though, I just leased a 65 section ranch in west central NM that has some monster bulls on it. It would be nice to be closer to that for sure.

Drum

One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted Hide Post
I saw this monster the other day in Livingston at Gateway Sports. When I pulled in I saw the Eastman's Bowhunting truck and the rack sticking out of the back caught my attention out of the corner of my eye. Truly jaw dropping to see in person.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
This is a rendering of the current world-record NT from Alberta. I was surpised to see how similar the antler configuration is to Kyle's CO buck.

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
So other than just "Colorado" what are the details on where and when the buck was shot; perhaps details like what unit, season, public or private land, etc.?

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3822 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by loud-n-boomer:
So other than just "Colorado" what are the details on where and when the buck was shot; perhaps details like what unit, season, public or private land, etc.?

I dont give details like that. I am sure somebody will let the cat out of the bag, its just not going to be me.

With the internet and "hunting services" selling information that the vast majority of people are to lazy to get by doing their own research it seems there are no secrets anymore. Its kind of sad really. For that reason, I aint tellin! Maybe the kid that killed it or his family would be more open to revealing where they found it.

Drum

One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted Hide Post
When I asked where it was shot at the only reply I received was in the chest. The Eastman's guy did say that it was a unit that had been burned recently in one of their bigger fires down there. I guess this will be the cover story for Eastman's bowhunting next month.

It also worth noting that neither the father nor the son knew exactly how big this guy was when they spotted him.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
That is one of the most impressive set of mule deer antlers I've ever seen. Congratulations to the hunter and all those involved.

Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Well done young fella.

Posts: 7 | Location: Te Awamutu, New Zealand | Registered: 29 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I expected a picture of the boy with some of his 307 different deer, that would have been impressive.

But seriously...
My cousin's then 14 year old son killed a 207", 25 point whitetail a couple years ago at their farm in MO. Later that year, he passed on a very good 10 point at our farm in PA. His dad was telling him that's a good one here, shoot, but he couldn't do it to what he thought was a baby!
That big buck definitely did not ruin hunting for my cousins. The boy, now 16, loves hunting as much as anyone, but he has a better attitude than most. When I hunted with them this year, for the first time, He insisted I hunt from his stand. When I killed my best buck ever, an average 9 point up there, he made me feel like it was the best deer ever(it didn't take much, I was thrilled!)

I'm sure the young guy in Colorado is now more hooked than anyone.

Jason

Posts: 582 | Location: Western PA, USA | Registered: 04 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know where it was taken but won't say right now. I can say it wasn't one of the popular units around Gunnison, Eagle County or one of the extreme western units.. I'm sure
Drummond can confirm that.

Posts: 161 | Location: United States | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
That beast carries a lumber yard on his head. I would like to read the story of this hunt.

When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults!

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well darkside confirmed it wasnt where I thought might have been a possiblity! there are some MONSTERS in the Gunny basin. I have seen some the last few years that made my heart skip a beat! now if I can just draw a damn tag!! (4 years and counting.....)

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote