THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: What could be worse than hitting a deer?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: What could be worse than hitting a deer?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Been there....done that. Missed the cow moose but the calf ran smack dab into the drivers side door (98 Dodge Stratus), bounced off and reengaged the rear quarter panel. Only did $3800 of damage to the car, but did put the wife in the hospital for a couple of days (neck pains). This was the day before I was supposed to go on my first fly out moose hunting trip, which got cancelled because of the wife being in the hospital. The calf got up and walked off the road, only to fall again after a few steps. I ended up putting him down with my .45 while waiting over an hour for the state trooper to show up. This was about 10 miles outside of Wasilla, AK in September 2000.

Rob

Posts: 284 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSEK
posted Hide Post
Oooch!

Posts: 308 | Location: In transit | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That moose looks awfully undamaged after having traveled lengthwise through a car, and splitting the roof open!

one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted Hide Post
What could be worse than hitting a deer?