Find
Notify
Tools

LaSalle County, Texas 2 deer 4 Hogs
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Harold R. Stephens
posted
Here is my post of a south texas deer hunt from last weekend. I didn't want to type it again. This was one of my best hunting weekend.

http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=145517

Founding member of the 7MM STW club

Member of the Texas Cull Hunters Association

Posts: 512 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
very nice

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice dear, good hogs.

Well done.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
You definitely put some wear on your skinning knife! Nice going...

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9377 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yea, the skinning pole was busy that weekend. We put 6 hogs and 4 deer in the cooler before the weekend was over. My 9 point weighed 225# live weigth. Biggest bodied deer I had ever seen in Texas. Made the other deer in the cooler look like babies.

Posts: 512 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Harold, I spotted this some time ago when I was running short on time. Sure is a fine story, good Deer and a couple of right fine Hogs.

Did the Millett get used on this Hunt?

Best of luck to you.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man that sounds like fun. A fun weekend for sure.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 893 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Hey Stretch,

I am glad you got that 7mm STW away from the range and into the field. Congrats on a great hunt.

I am off to the range with my 7mm STW later today to dial in some of the 168 gr. Berger's.

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bob, Let us know how the Bergers work. It was a great feeling to get to put the STW through its paces. It performed flawlessly and has really impressed me.

Now I need to start to stretch its legs and see how far I can shoot it. I am sure it can shoot farther than I can for now.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the hunt. Good to see another 2cooler on here. Charles Helm pointed me here and I've had a hard time leaving ever since!

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes this is a good site. Charles is on several sites that I frequent. Like minds I guess..

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
My wife would just say that it proves I spend too much time on the computer! Roll Eyes

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dang,thats a nice Buck.You sure got some good eatin there for a while. Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:
My wife would just say that it proves I spend too much time on the computer! Roll Eyes

My wife would say the same thing.