Find
Notify
Tools

Mulie Mount....
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted
Went by and picked up my Mulie Mount. Man, I hung this guy up next to a 135" 8pt whitetail and he sort of makes the wt look like bambi. The wife didn't realize how much larger it was going to be compared to the whitetails I have mounted. I think she's about ready to choke me. Just wait til she see's the elk when he get's through Eeker, I may have to move out to the shop for a while after that one Big Grin

He did a descent job:

I hope I get another stab at one this size this October. This was the only buck I saw in the 180s on that hunt but, I saw several in the 150-160+ range and they only took two more. There should be plenty of good ones this season if the winter doesn't get them.

Ya'll have a good one,

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice deer you got there, where did you get him? Enjoy that mount and the story that goes with it.

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
taylorce1,

I got him about an hour to the West of you in Victor.

It was a great hunt and I'm looking foward to getting back up there in October.

Trying to cook up a load right now while it's cool. Last season I used the 160AB(7RM) at 3060 fps since elk was on the menu but, this year another mulie buck is what I'll be after so I'm leaning toward the 140 AB at 3200fps.

Have a Good One

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
Congratulation on the mulie.

Do like I do, when you get your Elk done, just hang it up. It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member of the Delaware Destroyers
Member Reeders Misfits
NRA Life Member ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
Well done, Reloader!

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Reloader, very nice!!

I'll be putting in for CO also. Good luck to you!

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reloader,
Nice Mulie!! Good luck again this year. Take a look at the Speer 145 grain btsp for your 7RM, Every .284 I've owned has shot them extremly accurately; I might not reccomend it for elk, but it is a great deer load.

Dave

Posts: 87 | Location: High Above the Timberline | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys!

Hey Doc, What area are you trying for?

Good Luck on the draw.

We are pretty lucky on this ranch since the landowner gets deer vouchers.

I'm putting in for a Mler elk PP. It should take me 3 years to get drawn for a Mler tag where I got my bull last year.

reloader

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I don't know what unit it is. My friend that lives in Cortez puts in for me and I send him money. Big Grin

But, it borders Utah.

One of Us
Picture of IdahoVandal
posted Hide Post
Nice mount....

For me, the Mule deer is the most beautiful game animal in North America.....

Congrats!

IV

minus 300 posts from my total
(for all the times I should have just kept my mouth shut......)

Posts: 844 | Location: Moscow, Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IdahoVandal:
For me, the Mule deer is the most beautiful game animal in North America.....

I have to agree. A big mulie, with that broad face, silver and black color, and dark eyes.

They are beautiful.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Reloader,
That is one fine Muley!!
Was that Victor Co, as I was born and raised there
Left about 26 yrs ago to NW Co to work for the state , Don't get back to often.
Nice buck!!
Charlie

Posts: 165 | Location: unit 10 Colorado | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redhawk1:
Congratulation on the mulie.

Do like I do, when you get your Elk done, just hang it up. It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

clap Sounds like you've got it figured out.

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice mulie. Someday I'll find one like that for myself. Sure if fun trying though so I don't mind it take a few more years....

Brent

When there is lead in the air, there is hope in my heart -- MWH ~1996

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great Mulie...Well Done!

From the sounds of it you need to build yourself a trophy room... Smiler

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Was that Victor Co, as I was born and raised there
Left about 26 yrs ago to NW Co to work for the state , Don't get back to often.

Hey Charlie, Yes, that was Victor, Co. Nice folks there in Victor. Not much there, but kind folks that make you feel at home.

Dave, I know what you mean, a big trophy room is in the future if everything goes as planned. Right now I only have a 12x14 room for my trophies and reloading equip. The walls are alittle crowded. I did managed to sweet-talk my way into three shoulder mounts into the living room Wink

I've been looking for around 40 acres to build a nice home and workshop. We are thinking around 3000 heated with a trophy room of at least 20x20 with vaulted ceilings. Problem is land is quite hard to find around here.

Ya'll have a Good One

Reloader

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Very nice Reloader. thumb

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote