THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Maine guided black bear recommendations

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maine guided black bear recommendations
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Good morning, folks. Looking into guided black bear hunts over bait in Maine for next year. Top contender from my research thusfar (viewing outfitter websites) is. Gary's Guide Service (www.garysguideservice.com). Anyone with any recommendations or personal experience in Maine would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 1449 | Location: New England | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted wild turkey in april with Jason Farris and I was very satisfied

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out my friend Nathan Theriault at OMM Outfitters in Eagle Lake.

Posts: 214 | Location: maine, usa | Registered: 07 March 2013Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
# 9 Lake Outfitters of Bridgeport, Main.

Hunted with them twice -- moose and black bear. Great outfit!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
North Country Lodge.... was there last year.... outstanding people, accomodations and hunting area. My son and I both took a bear.

northcountrylodge.com

Here is the link to my report from the trip.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...761097291#8761097291

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2599 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
We had good luck with allagashguideservice.com but that was several years ago. Went 4 for 4 with the biggest bear about 350 or so.

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your suggestions. Just sent out emails to a few of the outfitters to see available dates.

Posts: 1449 | Location: New England | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
I hunted with these folks in 2004 or so with my dad and FIL.

Great hunt

http://www.cedarridgeoutfitters.com/Home

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
Contact Randy and Sharon Flannery at Wilderness Escape Outfitters in Danforth Maine. They have a great place and are great people. Haven't bear hunted with them but have spent alot of time up there hunting and vacating with them.

www.wildernessescape.com

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1381 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
we just got back from North Country lodge today.. Didn't get a bear... (week of the full moon) but a first class outfit!

See my hunting report post.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...3411043/m/1851051402

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1977 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote