New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Nebraska Mule
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Not into taxidermy but I had to mount my first mule deer. He is not massive or anything but he is a free range mule deer and I like mule deers.

https://imgur.com/a/9Izrfeb

Hopefully get to hunt another one in the future but I rather hunt and see many more mule deer than shoot another one. This one may be my last taxidermy mount.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WLW
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Congratulations.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4821014232

"He Who Farts in Church, Must Sit in Own Pew".

Posts: 364 | Location: Moorpark, CA | Registered: 18 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nothing at all wrong with that deer.
I hunt open free range public land and sometimes just seeing a deer with antlers over a 14 day period is just not gonna happen.
last year I had to make a 330 yard shot on a 2 point to be the only one in camp with a buck.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice mount!

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Nice deer Mike
I don’t think there is such a thing as non free range mulie

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
Nice deer Mike
I don’t think there is such a thing as non free range mulie

I hope so cause I want to hunt a big whitetail in mule country tu2

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike:

Nice mount, rare to see a young buck like that
with 6 pts to the side. About the average width for CO.
Though most that size only have 3pts, or 4 at most.

You did very well for your first mulie buck.
Be proud of him.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had my first one mounted and only a fork horn, but then was only 18 and big deal. Still have it, though 60 years ago.

Posts: 501 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lots of character in that rack, nice mass and not a young deer. You should be proud.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothin wrong with that buck!!!! Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Mike,
You have discovered that there is no finer hunting than mule deer hunting imho tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
Mike,
You have discovered that there is no finer hunting than mule deer hunting imho tu2

Now only if your damn brother who is my taxidermist would mount my trophies instead of saying “you should do a European it is not full shoulder mount quality trophy” as he said for my axis. This one was hunted with Sean who posted a cancellation hunt on ar and mounted by lace van Dusen.

I will have to hunt out west and get another mule worthy of Ben to mount Big Grin

I agree Mule deer are special to hunt and one of the reasons is cause the country one hunts them in is magnificent.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I dunno about magnificent, but I'm sure it's different than most people are used to seeing.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote