THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Lookin for partners-Colorado private land

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lookin for partners-Colorado private land
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Vemo
posted
Gentleman,
I am searching for a couple partners to purchase a piece of land that will provide us access to National Forest, BLM or other large government land tracts in Colorado. I am personally not interested in developing it, I just want the access.
There are a few places where the public cannot access government land except through private property, consequently the hunting is typically pretty good.
I haven't been involved in a project like this before and I am sure there are several intricate details to be worked out.
Send me a pm if you're interested.

JOIN SCI!

Posts: 318 | Location: 40N,105W | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why don't you just go out and hunt the public land. Why do you want to buy a piece of property and then deprive others of accessing public land. This happens way too much in my home state.

We have hundreds of thousands of acres you can come out and hunt. Get a tag and come on out.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vemo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why do you want to buy a piece of property and then deprive others of accessing public land.

Because I can..
I am a Colorado resident too, I hunt public land week in & week out.

JOIN SCI!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That sounds like the typical greeny faggot. You banged your sister because you can also.

Then again it sounds like you really can't.Or you wouldn't be asking for other peoples money.

One of Us
Picture of Vemo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 20 November 2006 19:27 Hide Post
That sounds like the typical greeny faggot.

Good one, typical comment from a typical desk jockey with a typical chip on his shoulder.
I thought she was your sister.

JOIN SCI!

One of Us
Picture of Vemo
posted Hide Post
I am going to make a preemptive strke towards guys like sledder who I have hunted with on public ground for 30 years.
Go ahead and let the snide comments fly, I have a thick skin & don't feel one iota of guilt about my ambitions.
On the flip side, I have made several life long friends in public camps and have for the most part enjoyed the experience.
I am tired of listening to you party until 2 in the morning, shooting guns in camp, and burning your trash in woodstoves so everybody downwind of you has to put up with your foul odors. I'm sick of chasing your runaway horses out of my own horses feed. I am tired of pulling your trucks out of the mud because you were too lazy to put your tire chains on.
So Sledder, enjoy your miserable life while me and my capitalist pig partners are REALLY enjoying ours!

JOIN SCI!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vemo

How much money are you talking, how much land are you talking, and where are you looking in Colorado?

One of Us
Picture of Vemo
posted Hide Post
22WRF,
I am able to ante in 30K. I have looked at a few properties that fit the bill and are priced from 20K to 90K. The sky is the limit as far as prices go in Colorado. As I have mentioned to the men who have contacted me finding a piece that provides access to both CO & Wy would be ideal, that way you could hunt both states when the seasons coincide.(Or NM, but good government land on the border of CO & NM is a rare find).
The 20K property was in a great area for Colorado big game but it was in the coldest, windiest hell hole in creation.
4 parties-30K each- 120K- ought to find a good 10-40 acre piece. The more the merrier, 10 parties at 30K would create a fantastic platform to start a project. As I mentioned I primarily interested in ACCESS. Veiws, improvements, etc. aren't my priorities.

JOIN SCI!

one of us
posted Hide Post
In my neck of Colorado, property like what you are seeking will run $4000-$10,000 per acre. Looks like you might need more partners... wave

Another thing you might want to consider: Look for some State land that has a maturing lease on it. The bidding process is open to anybody. Of course if you lease it, you'll have to pay for any improvements the previous tennant made--fence, tanks etc. If you lease State land, you will have exclusive use of it during the lease period--unless you sub-lease to the DOW for public hunting access..... rotflmo

Don't let so much reality into your life that there's no room left for dreaming.

Posts: 263 | Location: SE Colorado | Registered: 24 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Plainview, I saw on TV last week, where they were selling 35 acre plots in Colorado for the small sum of $49,000 US dollars. It must be way out in the boon docks no doubt......no roads, electric or water and so on. TONK

Posts: 60 | Location: Columbia, MO. | Registered: 02 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, you can still buy those but they almost never have Forest/BLM access--which is what Vemo is looking for. Usually they are chico out in the middle of the San Luis Valley.

For perspective, I once knew an old rancher who paid $3 an acre for some rangeland back in the 1930's. When word of that got back to the owner of the local general store, he promptly cut off the landbuyer's credit. Told him if he had that kind of money to waste to just bring cash from now on.... Smiler

Don't let so much reality into your life that there's no room left for dreaming.

Posts: 263 | Location: SE Colorado | Registered: 24 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We bought 50 acres bordering Natl Forest near Bonanza for 150K back in 2000 or thereabouts. I have no idea what it would cost today. I know the taxes we pay as out-of-staters who own undeveloped land are ridiculous.

Would be interested in leasing it if anyone is interested. I have never hunted it (but it only allows access).

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote