New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on this... too
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
After trying to seek logic or a level of commonality in the previous post titled Thoughts on this...

I came to the conclusion that the discussion was a bit like the following- (click on the word "GO" )

http://i15.photobucket.com/alb...uchfun/b29142658.gif

Posts: 10262 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd say that was close, LOL!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
that about covers it.

Posts: 296 | Location: Clyde Park, MT | Registered: 29 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Each of us are entitled to our own opinion on any subject.

Don't like a subject, don't get involved.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:

That's why I mostly stay away from the cesspool in the political forum.

Posts: 19428 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Liked the subject, not the trash talking that followed....

Posts: 10262 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm glad I don't have Epilepsy after looking at that lol..
CHC, Sorry but you stir up a lot of Shit for the stake of stirring up Shit (but you clearly mean well and your heart is in the right place)

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poyntman:
I'm glad I don't have Epilepsy after looking at that lol..
CHC, Sorry but you stir up a lot of Shit for the stake of stirring up Shit (but you clearly mean well and your heart is in the right place)

Yep!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It has never been my intention to stir up shit, and strangely enough, the only time I have problems getting along with people is on internet forums.

I should have enough sense to just stop participating, but I won't because I have met some good folks and developed some good friendships with folks I became acquainted on various sites.

I find it interesting that for a group that has so much knowledge/experience about guns/hunting that so many of us seem incapable of accepting or understanding that not all of us have the same knowledge/experience or that we gained such in the exact same manner or under the exact same circumstances.

Also many of us seem to "Read More INTO A Response" than was actually meant and all of us have developed "Reputations" whether actually deserved or not and as such are responded too with that "Reputation" in mind.

Add to all the above, Americans just seem to be becoming more polarized on ALL issues, not just Politics and as time progresses hunters/gun owners have more than enough enemies without creating meaningless lines of division among ourserlves.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
I promote:

1) Unity
2) Freedom of speech
3) The right to have a personal of choice

But when I ask you for your opinion and it disagrees with mine, I will:

A. Argue with you about your own opinion
B. Tell you that your opinion is wrong
C. Tell you your personal choices are inappropriate or wrong
D. Accuse you of calling me a liar

and

D. When you ask me why if I promote unity, do I argue so much - I will claim you are attempting to suppress my right to free speech.

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10088 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What ever you choose to believe Mike.

I just know from personal experience that ANYONE that automatically agrees with other peoples opinions really can not form an actual opinion of their own, and anyone not willing to Defend their opinion is not worth listening to in the first place.

The only thing the majority of us have in common is our love of hunting and the outdoors, but each of us view our level of interest in both on an individual basis, determined by several different Independent/Individual factors.

None of us, except in some really rare exceptions were raised/educated under the exact same conditions, being taught/learning/developing the exact same values on any subject.

One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
CHC,

A. My comments are not beliefs - they are observations.

B. Your response is perfect.

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10088 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Dettorre:
CHC,

***Yep!

Double yep to B!!!

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Topgun 30-06:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Dettorre:
CHC,

***Yep!

Double yep to B!!!

And a tripple Yep!!

But Mike, you missed one observation.

When Crazy throws out an opinion, and you agree with him , he will then tell you why your opinion is wrong!

That's the one that always gets me with this fellow and hence the term referring to a thread he has participated on as being "Craziefied".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
When Crazy throws out an opinion, and you agree with him , he will then tell you why your opinion is wrong!

I guess some of you folks ain't ever been around people that automatically agree with any opinion/anyone tosses out, even though it is something that a thinking or experienced person knows is pure BS.

I guess some folks just ain't ever experienced such things.

Price of living as long and having as varied set of experiences as I have had.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I guess some of you folks ain't ever been around people that automatically agree with any opinion/anyone tosses out, even though it is something that a thinking or experienced person knows is pure BS.

So since he referred to you in the quote you posted you're now saying in this post that your opinions amount to "pure BS" so none of us "thinking members" should ever agree with them? That may not be what you meant, but that's exactly what you're saying, LOL! You are a real dandy CHC!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No I am not a dandy, I am just a person that learned a LONG DAMN TIME AGO, among HUMANS, IDEAS and OPINIONS are just like ASSHOLES, EVERYONE has them and they stink!!!!

Yours/Mine/Whoever's, does not matter, opinions are just that and NOTHING more, but at one tiome in the not too distant past here in America, the ability to form an opinion and be willing to defend that opinion was respected by decent people.

Pity America has fallen into the pit of decay on so many levels.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Topgun 30-06:
quote:
quote:

So since he referred to you in the quote you posted you're now saying in this post that your opinions amount to "pure BS" so none of us "thinking members" should ever agree with them? That may not be what you meant, but that's exactly what you're saying, LOL! You are a real dandy CHC!

What else can one say. As Mike stated, Crazy's response here is also PERFECT!

clap

I point out that he will tell you you're wrong for agreeing with his opinion, and the reason you're wrong for agreeing with his opinion is that his own opinion is BullShit.

shocker

Perfectly Crazified!!!

cuckoo

jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Personal Opinions are based on Personal Experiences/Beliefs, during the past 50 years I have never found two people that shared the exact saeme opinions/beliefs, there is always some variance.

Sorry I did not get the memo stating that all opinions stated must be approved/denied by a committee!

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Personal Opinions are based on Personal Experiences/Beliefs, during the past 50 years I have never found two people that shared the exact saeme opinions/beliefs, there is always some variance.

Sorry I did not get the memo stating that all opinions stated must be approved/denied by a committee!

nilly

So if I agree with you on this one Crazy, is this one of those instances where you'll tell me I'm wrong because your opinion is Bullshit?

If so, I agree with you!

Cool

One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
I believe there is actually a medical/clinical psychological term for the condition, I think it is

Bat Shit Crazy

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
These crazy posts from him just keep coming and coming and coming, LOL! Yep; bat shit Crazy describes it perfectly!

One of Us
Picture of Venandi
posted Hide Post
A long time ago I drove for a big school bus company. As you might expect, there was training on how to handle the passengers. Those who rode on the long bus were dealt with differently than those who rode on the short bus. Just saying..

My friend from Olney, Texas (and I sincerely mean friend, if only online) is a fine fellow but his long career of caring for animals has obviously left him a bit short on social skills. It is entirely possible for people with wildly different opinions and experiences to get along.

I have a coffee club buddy who, despite being a multimillionaire, is a flaming Democrat and has a serious case of Trump Derangement Syndrome. He goes off on a rant every time the President's face shows up on the morning news. I could (needlessly) argue him point by point but it's more fun to just sit back and watch him go off.

That works here, too.

No longer Bigasanelk

Posts: 584 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Venandi:
A long time ago I drove for a big school bus company. As you might expect, there was training on how to handle the passengers. Those who rode on the long bus were dealt with differently than those who rode on the short bus. Just saying..

My friend from Olney, Texas (and I sincerely mean friend, if only online) is a fine fellow but his long career of caring for animals has obviously left him a bit short on social skills. It is entirely possible for people with wildly different opinions and experiences to get along.

I have a coffee club buddy who, despite being a multimillionaire, is a flaming Democrat and has a serious case of Trump Derangement Syndrome. He goes off on a rant every time the President's face shows up on the morning news. I could (needlessly) argue him point by point but it's more fun to just sit back and watch him go off.

That works here, too.

I agree; I might disagree with CHC and think he is a bit whacky, but we all have our own baggage. In the end, we are all hunters; more in common than not.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7573 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I agree; I might disagree with CHC and think he is a bit whacky, but we all have our own baggage. In the end, we are all hunters; more in common than not.

The crux of the situation lies completely in the idea that DISAGREEING with someone, when done a moderately civil manner, is acceptable, both for myself and most people I know.

It is when people simply cannot/will not just simply state that they do not agree on something, and begin making deragotory remarks about another person, even though they have NEVER had ANY actual interaction with that person.

The whole AR site is turning into the ARPF "Cesspool"!

This right here, should be ALL that matters!!!
quote:
In the end, we are all hunters; more in common than not.

Because hunting and a love for guns is ALL that most of us have in common!

It is going to be the continuing partisanship division among hunters/gun owners that will bring about the end of hunting/gun ownership in America.