Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting Hawaii?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted
we'll be taking the family to Hawaii next year and I'm exploring the hunting opportunities. Kauai might be the destination. Anyone have any recommendations on hunting Hawaii?

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Niihou is off the coast of Kauaii and at one time you could book a hunt there for hogs and a couple of other animals..

Otherwise, the island was not a tourist destination.

Search on Niihau Island Safaris

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My family has been there twice and will be going back to Kona.
Kona is a great place to hang your hat for a week or two. Pretty quiet and somewhat small population.
We hunted with Nahele Outfitters and fished with High Noon Sportsfishing.
Both where awesome and we had good success on both. The hunting and fishing was affordable and productive.

Plenty of animals to choose from on the Big Island.
Here is trip from this past year.
http://forums.accuratereloadin...3411043/m/2071085042

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I booked with Niihau Safaries in 2007. Robinson family Helicopter picked me up at airfield Port Allen. (Same helo used in film Jurasic Park). Took a nice boar and a great Morino ram. Had a guide and a skinner. Rode around the mesquite flats on two track roads in a 1942 deuce and a half, no doors, windshield or brakes. Had a ball! Was $1500 for the day then. Don't know about now...HTH

Posts: 431 | Location: Wyoming/ Idaho, St Joe river | Registered: 17 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I've hunted twice out of Kona, black hawaiian ram and spanish goat.

Both trips were with Pat Fisher of Hawaii Safaris.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll second hillbilly's recommendation of Nahele Outfitters. I hunted sheep and goat with them and had a wonderful time.

Black Hawaiian/Mouflon hybrid at 9,000 feet elevation on Mauna Loa

Spanish goat at 1,500 feet elevation along Kona coast.

One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
Thank you all! looks like i have some research ahead of me! looks like fun!

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Goat and Deer outfit on Maui is great. (Maui Hunting I think, but easy to google). My daughter and I went a couple of years ago and got two goats.

Posts: 569 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote