New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trip to the Big Island
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Thought I would share some photos form the family trip to Kona.
With my daughter heading off to college next year and my boy all but married off Julie and I decided we should head to Hawaii for a little family time
The one thing I liked about Hawaii is the option to take a day here and there to go hunting or fishing or both.

I hunted with Nahele Outfitters. This is the second time I have hunted with them. Very good guides each time.
We hunted hogs with dogs catching three but letting them go as we never got on to a good one.
My son Colton took a nice black sheep

These sheep are more of a challenge then I thought they would be. We put on ten lies the first day and a couple more the second day before Colton closed the deal on a good ram.

We had booked a couple days of fishing on the High Noon boat. This is the second time I have fished with Capt Jah, he really makes sure everyone is included. Definitely the best bang for you buck on the island.
Fist day we caught a few short billed spearfish the second day we targeted blue marlin but came home empty.
A great day none the less.

We did a family day trip on the Body Glove boat, well worth it. A little snorkelling an diving, great food and cocktails, with a really friendly crew.

Fun times for sure. If you are planning a trip to the Big Island I would highly recommend Nahele Outfitters and High Noon Sportfishing

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
Glad to see the family and you had a great time. Saw lots of pics from the wife and yours Instagram pages.

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 596 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mighty fine!

ya!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like you had a grand time.

I understand one of the islands has been stocked with eland for the locals to use as a meat source.

I wonder if they would let an outsider hunt them for $$$?

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
Doug,
You know how to do the "family vacation" thing in style!

quote:
Originally posted by BuffHunter63:

I understand one of the islands has been stocked with eland for the locals to use as a meat source.

I think you are thinking of Niihau. They do offer hunts, or so I am told.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6836 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
Doug,
You know how to do the "family vacation" thing in style!

quote:
Originally posted by BuffHunter63:

I think you are thinking of Niihau. They do offer hunts, or so I am told.

If you knew the family you would know we don't sit around on the beach very well. Through in horse riding and ziplines and that wraps up our vacation.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
tu2

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1430 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Congrats!!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doug,

Looks like fun!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12928 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote