Virtual Gun Show
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
 -

Here it is Harry.

[ 03-14-2003, 20:57: Message edited by: fla3006 ]

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know it's not a gun, but it's what my guns ride in, does that count? 1973 Chevy Suburban, bought new by my father and restored last winter to original condition with the exception of no wood-side paneling, it would have cost a little too much.
Yardbird

Posts: 332 | Location: Upper Midwest | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Mighty clean old Suburban. I still have my 1972 C-10 pickup I bought fresh out of college but it doesn't look that good anymore although it still runs well and has never been overhauled.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This was the family vehicle/hunting vehicle for 25+ years, then my college vehicle for four years, the stories it could tell! It's on the third rebuilt engine, and the frame and drivetrain have over 500,000 actual miles on them. The drivetrain tells me this by rumbling when I hit about 80 or so, it cruises real nice at 65 though...
Yardbird

Posts: 332 | Location: Upper Midwest | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As you'll see from the pictures I'm a lefty and the rifles/shotguns I have work very well for us southpaws.
The LH bolt actions are a Win.70 in 338 w/ Leupold 2.5-8X, Ruger Mark II, 7mag w/ 6X Redfield,
Rem. BDL, 270 w/ Leupold 2.5-8X and Browning SS, 7mm-08 w/ 1.5-6X Burris Signature.
 -

Being a lefty I've really come to enjoy lever actions. The Savage 99s are a 358win. on top w/ a Leupold Compact 3-9X
and a 300sav. with a Weaver K4. The Win. 88's are a custom 338-308 w/ Leupold 2-7X and a pre 64 in 308 w/ Williams Receiver sight.

-
 -

A couple of great shotguns for a left hander are a Parker 16ga SXS (1927) and a 12ga Browning Citori Grade III Lightening.

-
Now just for fun and the fact that I lugged one of these around while in the Marines I keep a couple of these cleaned and ready just in case.
 -

[ 03-15-2003, 00:47: Message edited by: jbmi ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I gotta say a perch bellied (swan belly my eye!) shotgun is pretty hard on these eyes. Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder but O/U's in general and perch bellied O/U's in particular, are not something I care to see on a regular basis.

Brent

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
<Harry>
posted
fla3006...thanks for doing that.
Both the woodcarver and the engraver have signed their work. It is an unusual and beautiful shotgun.