New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virtual Gun Show
 Login/Join

<338Lapua>
posted
I brought this up a couple of months ago. I finally got around to take pictures of my guns. So I hope everbody will post pictures of their favorite firearms so we can have a virtual gun show.

Here are a few of my favorites:

-

Lanber O/U 12 Gauge

-

Dakota 76 330 Dakota with Leupold 4.5-14

-

Remington Custom KS Mountain Rifle 350 Rem Mag with Leupold 2-7

-

Ruger 77 Customized by Pac-Nor with Timney Trigger, will have Leupold 3-9x50 as soon as I get High Rings

-

Arnold Arms Accu Custom 220 Swift with Leupold 6.5-20

-

Winchester M70 Custom 7STW with Burris 8-32

-

Winchester Pre 64 Model 70 Custom 240 WBY with Burris Black Diamond 3-12

These are a few of my favorites in my collection. Now it's time to post yours!

Jim

[ 03-07-2003, 17:13: Message edited by: 338Lapua ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Great idea .338! Here's what I got to show off, not as pricey, but some day...
 -
TC Encore with Denzel Roberts grips in fancy figured walnut with Leupold 4x EER and Redfield mounts and rings
 -
 -
My 26" Citori with a green-wing teal drake that I shot a couple years ago.
 -
My M70 Classic Featherweight in .30-06 with B&L Elite 3000. The first gun I bought with my own money, I love it!
 -
A gun rack my father and I made from a 4X5 muley I killed
 -
My first antelope, 14 1/2" and 15" horns killed in Hyde County, SD

[ 03-10-2003, 18:22: Message edited by: Yardbird ]

Posts: 332 | Location: Upper Midwest | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here are the links to my hunting and fishing pictures homepage. We just got a digital camera for Christmas, so there aren't a lot of pics, but I think they're pretty good.
gun/hunting pics1
gun/hunting pics2

[ 03-10-2003, 01:20: Message edited by: Yardbird ]

Posts: 332 | Location: Upper Midwest | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cool !
Want to sell any of those for "virtual money" ?

Posts: 199 | Location: North Central Indiana | Registered: 09 September 2002Reply With Quote
<338Lapua>
posted
C'Mon guys, no one has any pictures of there guns to post?

I showed you mine now show us yours [Wink] .

Don't you want to make all these folks drool over your equipment [Eek!] !

Jim

[ 03-10-2003, 17:20: Message edited by: 338Lapua ]

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Jim,
Take a look at my post in the Rest of the World Forum, there's one of my guns.
Yours are great!!
Yardbird, I love your M70 Classic!!!!!!!!!
Nice guns guys.
LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
PART I

-
Ansch�tz 1710 ST + Leupold Vari-X II 4-12x40 AO
 -
Blaser R93, UIT bbl. in .222 Rem + Swarovski 6-24x50 AO
 -
Blaser R93 OffRoad, .300 Win Mag + Swarovski 2,5-10x42
 -
FN-Browning CCS 25 O/U in 9,3x74R + Swarovski 1,25-4x24
 -
FN FAL, 7,62x51
 -
K98 "Scout" in 9,3x62 + Leupold 2X20 EER
 -
Ruger 77 Mk II VT in .22-250 + Leupold Vari-X III 6,5-20x40 AO

(part II is following)

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
PART II

-
Sauer 202 Europa Lux in 7x64 + Swarovski 1,5-6x42
 -
Rem 700 Sendero in .300 Win Mag + Leupold 3,5-10x50
 -
Win 70 (Lothar Walther bbl.) in .338 Win Mag + Swarovski 1,5-6x42
[img] http://pws.prserv.net/Andre.Mertens/Rifles%20and%20shotguns/B%2025's.jpg [/img]
2x FN-Browning B25 (the real McCoy !), 12 ga

+ a few less interesting pieces I don't care to post.

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Andr�,
That is not fair !!!
Wait till you se my new 444 marlin, JA, that's a GUN [Big Grin]

BTW, your K98 scout rifle looks good, I imagine you've shot some pigs with it eh?
LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JLHeard
posted Hide Post
Here are two of mine. Both have been recently re-blued and the wood refinished:

-

My FN Browning Superposed Lightning 20ga. My dad bought this gun new in 1968 and gave it to me two years ago.

-

This is a Winchester M97. It has the US Armory markings on the reciever.

[ 03-10-2003, 22:28: Message edited by: JLHeard ]

Posts: 580 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice O/U rifle, looks kinda funny to this American rifle nut, but very pretty.
Yardbird

one of us
posted Hide Post
Not meaning to offend anyone, but I'd like to point out that I'm a gun nut, but I only buy guns I will have a use for. My M70 hits the field with me every fall, it might not next year cause I moved to Iowa, but you should have seen it after sliding down a shale bank this fall on a mule deer stalk. About 30-40 feet at a 70 degree angle and wet. It was covered in mud that was splashed up from my boots. I duck hunt with a couple guys every fall from the D.C. area, they come out to SD, and they case their doubles on the way to the blind and look at me like I'm crazy when I put on the backpack of dekes and put the broken Citori over my shoulder and my shell bag in the other hand and take off, they're scared of getting mud or dust on their guns, but I shoot more ducks! [Smile] My point is, all of my guns are workers, even if they are pretty (they are promptly cleaned after each trip), if they weren't, it's be a lot like having a Chevy Suburban that never left the pavement, wait, that happens all the time!!!!!!! I'll post some pics of my 1973 restored Suburban that dad bought new as soon as I clean the latest road grime and mud off of it, it almost glows in the dark. Enjoy your pretty guns, but use them folks, a gun locked in a cabinet never to see the light of day except to show someone is an unhappy gun, trust me.
Yardbird

[ 03-11-2003, 00:07: Message edited by: Yardbird ]

<338Lapua>
posted
All of my guns have been hunted with, with exception of the 240 as I just got it. I also believe that guns are meant to be used. Just because someone has nice or expensive rifles does not mean they are not used and your assumption is not true in my case. I have hunted with my Dakota in all sorts of weather conditions. If it gets scracthed, so be it, but I will try to prevent that. If you decide to carry your shotgun to the duck blind without a case that's your choice, if I decide to take mine in a case, that's my choice, the point is we're all supporting the hunting and shooting sports.

People buy guns for different reasons and if someoene gets one to be a wallhanger, then that's his choice regardless of what we may think of his decision, it's his money and people are free to spend as they wish and take care of their equipment as they wish.

I didn't want to turn this into a flame war, just wnated to see what guns people had and give folks a chance to show off their guns.

Jim

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I didn't mean to be offensive, I feel the same way as you do about scratches and scuffs, I think they're "battle-scars". I wasn't saying that it's wrong to have a beautiful wall-hanger, I wish I could afford one, but at least use it once in a while, unless it's an antique. I was more commenting about the poster that loved my M70 Classic. In that pic it doesn't look like it's used much, but it has it's share of battle scars. I'm not scared to get my guns a little muddy if it happens, water takes it off, much easier than cleaning copper fouling! Sorry, I was just a little bored and maybe a little envious of others with pretty guns that I'll never afford. [Smile] I'll rephrase my sentiment, if you have guns, enjoy them, however that may be for YOU! I hope this takes any bad blood out of the thread, I hate flame wars as well, even if Matchkings aren't designed for hunting. :^)
Yardbird

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well heres the latest edition to my gun safe.  -

Posts: 113 | Location: WIsconsin | Registered: 22 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
 -

Here's 2 veterans from my collection. My grandfather bought the top rifle for me in 1960 (featherweight M-70, 30-06) when I was 13. I enjoyed many memorable times with that rifle and my father and grandfathers. The bottom is a 375H&H from the early 50's that belonged to Mrs. Bobby Burns of Wichita Falls, TX. It had a lot of use in Africa and I refinished the stock which was pretty rough when I got it.

[ 03-11-2003, 06:27: Message edited by: fla3006 ]

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice stock on that .30-06, I like the striping!
Yardbird

one of us
Picture of gsp
posted Hide Post
Here's a few more to look at.
 -
Colt Sauer 25.06 Leupold x3 6.5-20x

-
Mark x 375 h&h waiting for talley bases & rings
and x3 1.5-5x

-
Rem Sendero 300 win mag. Leupold 4-12x

-
Savage 112 bvss 22.250 B&C stock pillar bedded
Weaver 4-16x

one of us
posted Hide Post
338 Lapua
I will give you $200.00 for the shot gun if you pay for shipping. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
I have a set of Ruger rings here I dont know if thay are Medium or High but if you need them call me and I will put them in the mail.
Shortmag

Posts: 302 | Location: west virginia | Registered: 10 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yard bird
Sent you a PM

Posts: 302 | Location: west virginia | Registered: 10 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yardbird,

Absolutely beautiful featherweight.

Posts: 968 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Except, the .22, .222 and .22-250 which I only shoot at targets, all my guns do hunt. I'm taking tender, loving care of them and, admittedly, I'm reluctant to expose the best pieces to the elements (got some others that can take the punishment). As an example, I keep this one out of the rain as I consider it to be an investment as well as a gun (some buy paintings. Fine with me but I never met another piece of art work that could shoot, too [Big Grin] ).
 -
NB. : this is one of the 2 FN B25's that didn't post previously (?).

Lorenzo, the 9,3 Scout is my foul weather "battue" (= drive hunt) rifle and, while it should make a dandy boar rifle, I only shot Roe, Red deer and fox with it so far. I shoot several wild boars each season but, due to weather lottery, I always seem to cross boar when carrying my O/U [Wink]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Andre,

I think there is a difference between retaining value by minimising wear and being concerned over the effects of bad weather.

I have noticed that the rifles that have been out in the foulest or weather have over the years obtained the best wood finish.

I do hate a scratch on a new rifle but after a while as the blue wears and the stock aquires a pattina I care more about the overall condition. There is something immensely satisfying about taking a well worn but beautiful custom gun from a slip.

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Guys,
Your guns are great!!

Andr�,
Just imagening shooting a pig with that O/U it's killing me
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
1894, a few years ago I got some (great) walnut stocked rifles really wet (Scottish Highlands, you know) and, apart from the bleaching which was easily taken care of, one of them did warp in the forend. No more, since : rain = synthetic [Cool]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Andre, what a beautiful shotgun! That's one I would case on the way to the duck blind! [Smile] Just out of curiousity and ignorance, how much does something like that investment run a guy?
Markus, thanks for the M70 comment, it's all factory, the thing that caught my eye in the gun store was the stock, I was a junior in high school and loved to peruse the gun store, I kept going back to that particular 70, it had a different stock than any other I'd seen. I finally got my $700 paycheck for working for the city and $600 of it went to that rifle. It's the only gun I've seen and wanted simply because of it's looks. Function followed closely, and the fact that it was a .30-06 was very appealing, that is "dad's caliber", so I love the gun, even if it doesn't shoot as well as my M788's!
Yardbird

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Yardbird, I hate to discuss money but suffice to say that this engraved and gold inlaid B25 with presentation wood would set you back the price of a small car (with full options, of course) [Wink]

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Andre' nice guns but I am a bit courious. Why is the peep aight aperture on the fn/fal on backwards?

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Something a little different
 -

1874 Sharps (Shiloh) .45-100 (2.6"). Sights are a modified Lyman 17A in front with Lee Shaver inserts and a #107 Montana Vintage Arms Vernier sight in the rear with a Hadley adjustable eyecup (MVA bubble level in the rear barrel sight dovetail). Pistol grip is Sonoran Ironwood. This is my #1 hunting rifle unless I am required to use muzzleloaders only.

Brent

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brent,

Very nice!

Reed

Posts: 649 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 29 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
338Lapua,
Great idea, we are enjoing GREAT guns.
C'mon guys, continue sharing those beauties.
LG

one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid47/p94e6a1b0ff8e07b4a73810c204b70aac/fcc2ee31.jpg

Sorry guys, cant get the image to imbed here for some reason. Its a Ruger M77 MkII in 260 rem

[ 03-12-2003, 04:40: Message edited by: dakotakid ]

Posts: 40 | Location: Casper,Wy. | Registered: 04 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Doug, with eyes as sharp as yours, I assume you don't need spectacles ! Actually, you've noticed a small modification I made to the issue peep sight on my FAL. I tapped the existing hole to accept an adjustable iris made by/for the SIG assault rifle. Quite unobtrusive, the proof being you're the only one who noticed [Wink] , it allows me to adjust the peep size to the existing light conditions.

BTW, originally I acquired this rifle with a full-auto fire selector (in years, I only test-fired a few short bursts, fearing for the bore) until a new local law prohibited civilians to possess auto's. Therefore, I had to have converted to S-A only.

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
These were posted elsewhere, but I will add them here. I only have a couple of guns these days, so I go for the best I can (or cann't [Wink] afford)

7x64 on a Legacy Mauser action, built by Duane Wiebe, engraved by Charles Lee. Leupold 3x9 Vari-X II.

-

-

.458 Lott on a P17 action, built by Duane Wiebe, engraved by Charles Lee. Leupold 2X Compact.

-

-

Posts: 3821 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
I like that 7x64 very much but it's exactly the kind of rifle I don't like to take out in the rain [Roll Eyes]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here (hopefuly) is my 7x57 which by virtue of the fact that I can fit a butler creek on the scope (the 6.5 has the scope too close to the barrel) is my wet weather rifle!

Made by Trevor Proctor, 09 action, his own soldered mounts with Swarovski 6x42.  -
The closeups appear to have gone south...

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A few more weirdos for you

Win 1885 (made 1887) in .25-20 currently returning to .38-55
 -

Ballard .22lr
 -

Cashmore 12 bore currently being shipped from New Zealand I hope.
 -

Scott 10 bore - a goose, turkey, and pheasant gun
 -

Underhammer .45 muzzleloader on modified H&A action for 550 gr paper patched bullets (still in the white, but it has killed)
 -

Brent

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andre,

Beautiful weapons! The 9,3 FN is what I am drooling over. I fell in love with those when working at a local gun shop. Do they still manufacture the swan neck stock version?

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Bravo John, I see that there are real connoisseurs among us. Presently Browning sells double rifles in different calibers, but built on 20 ga. Miroku shotgun receivers. They're a far cry from the real McCoy, which is assembled on a specially machined (no hollowing out) and heat treated original B25 receiver. Do they still make them, no, but they do still sell them on special order and in luxury grades only, assembled from surviving parts, dating from days past when gunmaking was a true form of art. The swane neck (= col de cygne) is still available on the presentation grade rifles only (= the most expensive). I realy like it as it feels equally comfortable with both single and double triggers. I would have chosen the swan neck, if it wasn't for my wife who failed to recognize the need to take a mortgage on the house [Big Grin] . I own two B25 "Special Chasse" 12 ga., single selective trigger, shotguns with swan neck stocks.

<Harry>
posted
If you like beautiful guns then take a look at the Browning B125 with the Swans Belly stock and all the wood carving on the stock. It is a prototype and it is for sale. Came out of the FN vault a number of years ago. It is photoed in one Browning book dealing on engraving.
www.hunters-hq.com
I don't know how to post photos on here or I would put it on.