Find
Notify
Tools

Henry Mountains Utah
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of KC Carlin
posted
Anyone ever hunted mule deer in the famed Henry Mountains in Utah?
If yes was it worth the wait?

Thanks,
KC

Posts: 295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 24 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a loaded question. If anyone has had the opportunity to hunt the Henry Mountains then of course it would have been worth the wait. Now, ask the guy who hasn't yet drawn. If you are a Utah resident your wait to draw a Henrys tag is about 140 years. If you have 10 points you are looking at a 9 year wait. A nonresident has a 300 year wait. If a nonresident has 10 points it will take 56 years to draw the tag.

The Henry Mountains is the best unit in the United States. But that is what you would expect when you only harvest 30 bucks. The 180 bucks never get a second look, if a guy can judge deer. No I never hunted it myslef, but I have been there, seen the bucks, and hunted with others. A true trophy area (to a fault).

Posts: 783 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great minds think a like.

Anyone who would like to purchase a Henry Mtns tag can do so with about $30,000. I know there are some HighRollers on this site so they could manage it.

Posts: 783 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Cant say about deer hunting there but it sure is a neat place. Took a placer gold panning trip there a few years back with my Dad and kids, lots of history, very isolated. Wouldnt have missed it for the world.

Posts: 10157 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote