New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taaadaaaaaaaaaa!!! Finally!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had elk chops last night and they were extremely tough, as are all the elk I have shot. Ditto for every moose I have ever shot as well.

I will apologize ahead of time but if all the elk and moose you have shot were extremely tough then you have no idea how to cook.

Hunting is not a matter of life or death....It's much more important

Posts: 338 | Location: Abbotsford BC | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1/2 slam:
I had elk chops last night and they were extremely tough, as are all the elk I have shot. Ditto for every moose I have ever shot as well.

I will apologize ahead of time but if all the elk and moose you have shot were extremely tough then you have no idea how to cook.

Well, I don't have that problem with deer or sheep or caribou. Or maybe I am just shooting really old elk and moose.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billrquimby:
Although my desert ram didn't taste like liver, neither my wife nor I cared for its distinctive flavor.

We won't eat lamb/mutton, either.

Bill Quimby

Interesting.

Stone Sheep meat doesn't really have a distinctive flavour - certainly not one that I noticed anyway - and it definitely does NOT taste like lamb that you get at a restaurant/butcher shop.

Its very mild, and I've tried lots of different game meat in Canada and Africa and it still ranks in my top 3.

I am not fond of the flavor of lamb chops either.

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
My desert sheep didn't taste like lamb/mutton, and it was not "gamey" or tough. It had its own distinctive flavor that we simply did not care for.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote