THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Tire Maker Forms Partnership With Anti-Hunting Org

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tire Maker Forms Partnership With Anti-Hunting Org
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gonzo FreakPower
posted Hide Post
How's this for a fax? If you feel this will work for you go ahead and use it. The more they get of the exact same message the more serious it looks:

To: James Micali
Re: Michelin�s support for the American Humane Society

I would like to let you know that I don�t agree with your company�s support of AHA.

I, along with my family, friends and many other AR members and their families and friends will avoid buying Michelin products unless we learn that your company has withdrawn support for AHA.

As news of this regrettable AHA support spreads throughout the hunting community you can expect many more of these faxes along with phone calls and letters. Please move quickly to dissolve all ties with AHA.

Posts: 557 | Location: Various... | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Save your cards and letters. Here's the latest on the same web site. -TONY

Tire Maker is On the Road Again with Sportsmen

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It doesn't appear that Michelin has changed anything, their original commitment to the antis was thru June 25th, that hasn't changed.

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Nor will it change anymore than it has, as per the news release.

Programs such as these normally involve contracts, and not abiding to them can become very costly. But you can bet this one will be the last Michelin signs with AHA.

So instead of bashing the company beyond this point, perhaps it would be smarter to follow the suggestion of the U.S. Sportsmen�s Alliance ala:

Sportsmen should thank Michelin North America for ending its relationship with a national anti-hunting organization by contacting Mr. James Micali, Chairman and President, Michelin North America, Inc., 1 Parkway South, Greenville, SC, 29615. Phone (864) 458-5000. Fax (864) 458-6359. Toll Free (800) 847-3435. < !--color-->

-TONY

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
I will make a follow-up phone call.....anything to support our hunting rights, but I will still not purchase ANY French products.

Thanks for the update!

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote