THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Why your hunting trip may be ruined by the shutdown
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why your hunting trip may be ruined by the shutdown
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://thinkprogress.org/clima...down-hunting-season/

Why Your Hunting Trip Might Be Ruined By The Shutdown

By Jessica Goad, Guest Blogger and Matt Lee-Ashley, Guest Blogger on October 4, 2013 at 1:39 pm

All eyes are on the 401 national parks that are still closed because of the government shutdown and the more than a quarter of a billion dollars that communities have already lost as a result – a figure that grows by $76 million every day. Park closures are affecting local businesses who “fear bankruptcy,” rangers who are being attacked by Members of Congress for doing their jobs (without pay), and tourists who have sometimes waited years for their vacations.

But House Republicans’ continued refusal to bring forward a vote on a “clean” continuing resolution to fund the government is also hurting some of the most important users of our public lands: hunters and anglers.

Unfortunately, just as hunting season is opening in many parts of the country, many of the nation’s best places to hunt and fish are closed, including the 329 national wildlife refuges where hunting is permitted and the 271 refuges that are open to fishing. As the Fish and Wildlife Service’s contingency plan put it:

National Wildlife Refuges will be closed to public access. Visitor Centers and other buildings will be closed. All activities will be canceled on federal lands and public buildings until the government reopens. This includes hunting and fishing activities on public lands.

With nearly 150 million acres, the national wildlife refuge system is almost twice as large as America’s national park system. Moreover, the vast majority of hunting visits to national wildlife refuges occurs between the months of October and January, meaning that the ongoing shutdown will have escalating impacts not just on sportsmen, but on the local business that rely on their economic support. “The federal shutdown hits Vermont during one of the state’s busiest seasons for hunting, fishing, and wildlife viewing,” said Vermont’s Fish and Wildlife commissioner Patrick Berry in a statement. “This is a time when rural communities across Vermont really count on the local revenues generated by hunting and fishing activities.”

The shutdown affects hunting and fishing on national forests and public lands managed by the Bureau of Land Management, the Army Corps of Engineers, and other agencies — or nearly half a billion acres. In these areas, many hunters and anglers that want to get to their favorite spot will find gated roads, closed campgrounds, and locked boat ramps. John Haughey of Outdoor Life confirms that: “The skeletal staffing means all pending federal permit applications, where required, will be frozen, and access to some areas in national forests, wilderness areas, [U.S. Army Corps of Engineers]-managed recreation areas and [Bureau of Land Management] lands will be restricted by possible road closures.”

The longer the House Republicans extend the shutdown, the greater the impacts on hunting season. For example:
•The 1.1-million-acre Charles M. Russell National Wildlife Refuge in Montana, where hunters spend more than 100,000 visitor days in fall months, is known as a “sportsmen’s paradise” for its big game opportunities, yet it is currently closed due to the shutdown.
•Archery season on all national wildlife refuges in Arkansas was supposed to open on October 1. Among the closures is the White River National Wildlife Refuge, which in 2012-2013 was the most productive public land in the state for deer hunting, with more than 1,100 deer harvested.
•The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that “Capable Partners, which helps get disabled hunters hunting and fishing, won’t be able to archery or waterfowl hunt in the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge, as it has been doing in recent days.”
•Sheldon National Wildlife Refuge in Nevada and Oregon has been labeled one of America’s “hidden gems” for hunting opportunities is closed, and holders of bighorn sheep permits that are considered “once in a lifetime” are being turned away.
•In Texas, the lottery for the big game hunt on the Trinity River National Wildlife Refuge – a popular event that serves youth hunters as well – was scheduled for today, but is canceled.

With widespread impacts on hunters and anglers, some sportsmen’s groups are calling for an end to the shutdown and have condemned the piecemeal funding approach that House Republicans put forward this week.

But not all Congressional members of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus have responded to these calls. Co-chair Rep. Bob Latta (R-OH), for example, has been among those insisting that Obamacare be delayed or defunded in order to allow the government to re-open. Co-chair Senators John Thune (R-SD) and vice co-chair of the sportsmen’s caucus Jim Risch (R-ID), signed onto a letter saying that they “will not support any continuing resolution or appropriations legislation that funds further implementation or enforcement of ObamaCare.”

On the other hand, Sportsmen’s Caucus Vice-Chair Rep. Rob Wittman (R-VA) has said that, like a majority of the U.S. House of Representatives, he supports a clean continuing resolution.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9418 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OMG WGAFF? Cool

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like some barry chicken little crap to me.
Short range sacrifices for long range gains. With barry's active anti-gun agenda and his determination to dismantle and divide the United States, having to pass on a hunt is a small price to pay in order to get him and his programs corked up and out of town.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree that it's a small price to pay, especially given what is at stake here. But at the same time, it's totally ridiculous. There's no reason to close national forests or parks to hunting. No staff is required to let people hunt those lands. I'm sure most of the states where the parks/forests are would be happy to have their WCOs patrol them while the feds are out.

Posts: 641 | Location: SW Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 10 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not mine.

I'm hunting on private land in Texas.

But if Obama an company keep overplaying their hand, folks may start hunting Dhim's with dogs.............

http://www.thegatewaypundit.co...he-closes-the-ocean/

Best,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wondering why Kathi would post some horseschttt article like that. Screw the libtards.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wondering why Kathi would post some horseschttt article like that. Screw the libtards.

Most likely because members of this site rely on Public Land for their hunting. Kathi simply posts news items that might be of interest to or affect hunters in general.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds more like a chicken little batch of barry bullshit to me. Maybe posting that some of the public hunting would be stopped could be considered a topic of interest but to carry it on to another barry driven shot at the repubs tells me it's the work of a troll.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, around the country, as has been pointed out in the ARPF and on other sites around the internet, National Parks/Monuments such as Mount Rushmore etc. etc. etc. are being closed to the Public and that is including BLM and National Forest. I mean they closed the Lincoln Memorial and the WWII Veterans Memorial.

There are pictures on one of the fishing sites in Texas showing the barricades and signs closing Padre Island National Seashore to the Public.

Some folks may think this is all a big joke, and those that don't depend on Public Land for their hunting probably don't care. But with various hunting seasons open around the country a lot of folks maybe facing having their chance to hunt taken from them. Guides/Outfitters working on those lands stand a very real chance of losing income if they can not access those lands.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I've hunted federal public land in the lower 48 and would be beyond irate if my trip to the public land I pay for was cancelled due to politics.

Here we have the Togiak NWR and I guess I wouldn't think twice about using it as I see fit. Theres no roads, gates or other typical acess points, so if I wanted to use it I'd simply fly, or boat over there and go hunting or fishing. I can't imagine our local federal Mounties bothering to come find me and eject me from the federal property.

It's good to be a Dillingham'er.

Posts: 9232 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm totally against all government services and spending except the services I use and the government checks I get, both of which ought to be increased. Hrrrumph, hrrrumph!

Posts: 13242 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
Unfortunately, around the country, as has been pointed out in the ARPF and on other sites around the internet, National Parks/Monuments such as Mount Rushmore etc. etc. etc. are being closed to the Public and that is including BLM and National Forest. I mean they closed the Lincoln Memorial and the WWII Veterans Memorial.

There are pictures on one of the fishing sites in Texas showing the barricades and signs closing Padre Island National Seashore to the Public.

Some folks may think this is all a big joke, and those that don't depend on Public Land for their hunting probably don't care. But with various hunting seasons open around the country a lot of folks maybe facing having their chance to hunt taken from them. Guides/Outfitters working on those lands stand a very real chance of losing income if they can not access those lands.

I wasn't referring to the shutdown of the parks specifically. I'm referring to the BS statements in the blog she posted.....

"The longer the House Republicans extend the shutdown, the greater the impacts on hunting season....

and...

"But House Republicans’ continued refusal to bring forward a vote on a “clean” continuing resolution to fund the government is also hurting some of the most important users of our public lands: hunters and anglers."

Conveniently left out of the blog by these useless libtard bottom feeders is that Harry Reid, the biggest pansy asss coward on the planet, refuses to let the House vote on bills that would keep the parks open, a total of 8 bills have been brought to him, with nothing attached, and he won't allow a vote. Now tell me again about his Republican shutdown horseschittt.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Fundamentally transforming America.

Years ago I had an old appraisal mentor who was an MAI, and successful real estate broker and developer. When performing an appraisal one determines the "highest and best use"

HIGHEST AND BEST USE: the reasonably probable and legal use of property, that is physically possible, appropriately supported, and financially feasible, and that results in the highest value.

His four tests were, look around, look around, look around and look around.

Same when hunting, other than dumb luck, the hunter that is properly equipped, physically and mentally prepared, knows his quarry and is aware/familiar with his surroundings will typically be the most successful.

Both hold true when reading articles or blogs. The more you read and understand, the less you have to read to understand. The fact that the screed in question was published in "ThinkProgress" gives and indication of the philosophical bent of its author. It will not take one long to figure out that bent.

I hew to a certain philosophical position. I understand that position after years of study. I try to live that philosophy in my daily life. I've also studied other philosophies. One thing that stands in stark reality of folks with a "leftist" mindset,is "The end justifies the means".

End of rant.

Best,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It certainly didn't stop me and my hunting buddy from taking our antelope on BLM this past weekend!

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You notice how quick they were to pass a bill that would pay the fed employees retroactively. In other words, the fed employees are getting a paid vacation.

Aim for the exit hole

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Conveniently left out of the blog by these useless libtard bottom feeders is that Harry Reid, the biggest pansy asss coward on the planet, refuses to let the House vote on bills that would keep the parks open, a total of 8 bills have been brought to him, with nothing attached, and he won't allow a vote. Now tell me again about his Republican shutdown horseschittt.

First, I am NOT YOUR DAMN ENEMY! Second I believe that the whole business is Obama's/the Democrats fault. Lastly, That Does Not Mean It Is NOT HAPPENING, Now Does It.

Jump up someone that really cares what you thinks, tree. The finger pointing and name calling don't change the fact that BOTH sides are to some extent to blame for the situation, but I do not want to see anyone give in to a juvenile delinquent thug from Chicago!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Republican shutdown my AZZ!!!!!!!

Posts: 41883 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As for the shutdown, I have a few questions for the Dems here and don't want a pissin' contest. Honestly, Obama's admin has almost single handedly doubled the National Debt in less than 5 years. Bush added 4 trillion dollars to the National Debt in 8 years with runaway spending the last 2 years of his second term. (what happened the last 2 years of his second term?) Obama has added approximately 8 trillion to the then 9 trillion Where does it stop? How much longer can the Fed keep printing currency? Someone has to make a mark and say no more. So far, the Repubs have looked the other way when Obama has skirted the constitution and not pushed and finally, they stood their ground. The debt being run up is irresponsible and someone has to do something about it. There is no way that any responsible business could spend 50% more than revenues and stay in business so why is the Federal Government any different?
As I said, I don't want a pissin' contest just fair give and take.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree the article itself has a decidedly leftist bent to it. This is exactly whay I have always believed that the national park system, as a whole, is unconsitiutional. The 10 square mile area that is defined in the constitution is ALL the feds should have ever been given access to. The STATES need to take back the land and tell the Feds to F***off. When Teddy Roosevelt took the land, it was wrong then and it is wrong now. One of the top five worse presidents ever.

Then the federal government can give me my tax dollars back for funding this horseshit. (Like that will happen)

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I see the OP, Kathi, is from Chicago. I guess it would be a fair question to ask her then.....

Kathi, do you agree with the article or not, specifically that this Gov't shutdown is the Republicans fault? I'm guessing she agrees or she wouldn't have posted it in the first place.

One of Us
Picture of Evan K.
posted Hide Post
I am planning on heading into the Boundary Waters Canoe Area this Thursday for a fishing and canoeing trip. Since the BWCA is located within the Superior National Forest and is under USFS jurisdiction, our group is of course concerned about it being shut down but we haven't heard of the USFS limiting access to the BWCA (yet).

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Posts: 776 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 05 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pagosawingnut:
As for the shutdown, I have a few questions for the Dems here and don't want a pissin' contest. Honestly, Obama's admin has almost single handedly doubled the National Debt in less than 5 years. Bush added 4 trillion dollars to the National Debt in 8 years with runaway spending the last 2 years of his second term. (what happened the last 2 years of his second term?) Obama has added approximately 8 trillion to the then 9 trillion Where does it stop? How much longer can the Fed keep printing currency? Someone has to make a mark and say no more. So far, the Repubs have looked the other way when Obama has skirted the constitution and not pushed and finally, they stood their ground. The debt being run up is irresponsible and someone has to do something about it. There is no way that any responsible business could spend 50% more than revenues and stay in business so why is the Federal Government any different?

I wouldn't hold my breath Rick!

Posts: 41883 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

But that is NOT what our elected representatives want, guess who is going to win????????

As for what Kathi posted, I could be wrong, but I believe she is a neutral party and in this case is only passing along the information she has received.

Why, has everyone forgotten the old adage about NOT shooting the messenger????????

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not, but I think they are fair questions. I didn't bring up inflammatory statements that were made by Obama while he wss still in Congress where he said that the national debt under Bush was unpatriotic and unacceptable and that he wouldn't vote for the increases in the nat. debt. Not trying to start anything, just politely responding to some of the posts and trying to figure out what makes the other side tick. For the life of me, so far I can't.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Simple answer--next election, clear the decks for action. Vote in a complete new members in HOUSE and SENATE.

Posts: 1096 | Location: UNITED STATES of AMERTCA | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Simple answer--next election, clear the decks for action. Vote in a complete new members in HOUSE and SENATE.

Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner. Stop voting people that are not doing their job back in to office.

Hunter's and the general Public, should NOT be punished because of the in-fighting of elected officials.

one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why Your Hunting Trip Might Be Ruined By The Shutdown

By Jessica Goad, Guest Blogger and Matt Lee-Ashley, Guest Blogger on October 4, 2013 at 1:39 pm

All eyes are on the 401 national parks that are still closed because of the government shutdown and the more than a quarter of a billion dollars that communities have already lost as a result – a figure that grows by $76 million every day. Park closures are affecting local businesses who “fear bankruptcy,” rangers who are being attacked by Members of Congress for doing their jobs (without pay), and tourists who have sometimes waited years for their vacations.

But the idiot dems and thier tyrannical leader king Obozos temper tantrum shutdown is also hurting some of the most important users of our public lands: hunters and anglers.

Unfortunately, just as hunting season is opening in many parts of the country, many of the nation’s best places to hunt and fish are closed, including the 329 national wildlife refuges where hunting is permitted and the 271 refuges that are open to fishing. As the Fish and Wildlife Service’s contingency plan put it:

National Wildlife Refuges will be closed to public access. Visitor Centers and other buildings will be closed. All activities will be canceled on federal lands and public buildings until the government reopens. This includes hunting and fishing activities on public lands.

With nearly 150 million acres, the national wildlife refuge system is almost twice as large as America’s national park system. Moreover, the vast majority of hunting visits to national wildlife refuges occurs between the months of October and January, meaning that the ongoing shutdown will have escalating impacts not just on sportsmen, but on the local business that rely on their economic support. “The federal shutdown hits Vermont during one of the state’s busiest seasons for hunting, fishing, and wildlife viewing,” said Vermont’s Fish and Wildlife commissioner Patrick Berry in a statement. “This is a time when rural communities across Vermont really count on the local revenues generated by hunting and fishing activities.”

The shutdown affects hunting and fishing on national forests and public lands managed by the Bureau of Land Management, the Army Corps of Engineers, and other agencies — or nearly half a billion acres. In these areas, many hunters and anglers that want to get to their favorite spot will find gated roads, closed campgrounds, and locked boat ramps. John Haughey of Outdoor Life confirms that: “The skeletal staffing means all pending federal permit applications, where required, will be frozen, and access to some areas in national forests, wilderness areas, [U.S. Army Corps of Engineers]-managed recreation areas and [Bureau of Land Management] lands will be restricted by possible road closures.”

The longer the House Republicans extend the shutdown, the greater the impacts on hunting season. For example:
•The 1.1-million-acre Charles M. Russell National Wildlife Refuge in Montana, where hunters spend more than 100,000 visitor days in fall months, is known as a “sportsmen’s paradise” for its big game opportunities, yet it is currently closed due to the shutdown.
•Archery season on all national wildlife refuges in Arkansas was supposed to open on October 1. Among the closures is the White River National Wildlife Refuge, which in 2012-2013 was the most productive public land in the state for deer hunting, with more than 1,100 deer harvested.
•The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that “Capable Partners, which helps get disabled hunters hunting and fishing, won’t be able to archery or waterfowl hunt in the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge, as it has been doing in recent days.”
•Sheldon National Wildlife Refuge in Nevada and Oregon has been labeled one of America’s “hidden gems” for hunting opportunities is closed, and holders of bighorn sheep permits that are considered “once in a lifetime” are being turned away.
•In Texas, the lottery for the big game hunt on the Trinity River National Wildlife Refuge – a popular event that serves youth hunters as well – was scheduled for today, but is canceled.

With widespread impacts on hunters and anglers, some sportsmen’s groups are calling for an end to the shutdown and have condemned the piecemeal funding approach that House Republicans put forward this week.

But not all Congressional members of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus have responded to these calls. Co-chair Rep. Bob Latta (R-OH), for example, has been among those insisting that Obamacare be delayed or defunded in order to allow the government to re-open. Co-chair Senators John Thune (R-SD) and vice co-chair of the sportsmen’s caucus Jim Risch (R-ID), signed onto a letter saying that they “will not support any continuing resolution or appropriations legislation that funds further implementation or enforcement of ObamaCare.”

On the other hand, Sportsmen’s Caucus Vice-Chair Rep. Rob Wittman (R-VA) has said that, like a majority of the U.S. House of Representatives, he supports a clean continuing resolution.

There..fixed it.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, check this out. Take a good look at that website containing the link.

It's a hard core Leftist front op. Marxist Socialist to the core.

Check out what all's under the site's tabs for gay-lesbian-trangendered, "justice", "climate" etc. Check out that piece being featured on "right wing truckers" and their gloating over a court's backing of tossing out anti-sodomy laws.

Then let's ask ourselves, what in Hell would they care about hunting?

Answer - they not only don't care about it, they hate it.

Like most Commies they think American gun owners and hunters are uneducated hicks and therefore susceptible to lies and propaganda. But I say they've got us confused with their other more reliable supporters who are well known for being brain dead.

They at least could give most of us here a little more credit - for being able to see right thru something that transparent...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about checking out this link!

http://news.yahoo.com/us-gover...nters-220158579.html

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shack:

Guys, check this out. Take a good look at that website containing the link. It's a hard core Leftist front op. Marxist Socialist to the core.

Check out what all's under the site's tabs for gay-lesbian-trangendered, "justice", "climate" etc. Check out that piece being featured on "right wing truckers" and their gloating over a court's backing of tossing out anti-sodomy laws.

Then let's ask ourselves, what in Hell would they care about hunting?

Answer - they not only don't care about it, they hate it.

Like most Commies they think American gun owners and hunters are uneducated hicks and therefore susceptible to lies and propaganda. But I say they've got us confused with their other more reliable supporters who are well known for being brain dead.

They at least could give most of us here a little more credit - for being able to see right thru something that transparent...

So this is the type of place where this Kathi lady gets her news ??????? Says a lot about her IMO.

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
quote:
So this is the type of place where this Kathi lady gets her news ??????? Says a lot about her IMO.

I don't know what Kathi's political leanings are but she has been on here a long time and she posts articles from all kinds of places on here which might be interesting to us hunters.
She is a nice lady and runs a travel agency specializing in hunters and I have used her services in the past. I would bet my entire rifle collection that she is not in agreement with the tone of the article but posted it here to let us know what the "other side" thinks.
I would suggest that you think and research before you type.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If that is the case, why didn't she add a disclaimer or statement to that effect?

Aim for the exit hole

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know what Kathi's political leanings are but she has been on here a long time and she posts articles from all kinds of places on here which might be interesting to us hunters. She is a nice lady and runs a travel agency specializing in hunters and I have used her services in the past. I would bet my entire rifle collection that she is not in agreement with the tone of the article but posted it here to let us know what the "other side" thinks.I would suggest that you think and research before you type.

She is merely passing along information, Nothing More! Just because SOMEONE/ANYONE posts a news article or link to something that might be of interest to hunters, That Does Not Mean They Agree With It.

Since when has trying to keep people that share a similar interest informed became a crime? That is one of the major problems in this country, people do not want to be informed or stay informed, and ANYONE that violates that premise is chastised and branded an enemy. That is pure rubbish!

That is one of the major reasons America is in the shape it is in today, Too Many People Closed Their Minds To What Was Actually Happening, AND REFUSED To Listen To ANYONE Trying To Pass Along Real Information!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn CHC, that's quite an indictment. Are you trying to start another of your long winded arguments?

Aim for the exit hole

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shack:
Guys, check this out. Take a good look at that website containing the link.

That may be, but they're astute enough not to confuse positions with interests. Attacking Republicans supports their position, closing public lands is in opposition to our interests, the fact that the two can be seen to coincide makes it interesting.

By the way, are BLM lands closed to natural gas drillers/frackers in the same way they're closed to elk hunters?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14446 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Strange bedfellows indeed! I agree with CHC. 2020

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
quote:
I don't know what Kathi's political leanings are but she has been on here a long time and she posts articles from all kinds of places on here which might be interesting to us hunters. She is a nice lady and runs a travel agency specializing in hunters and I have used her services in the past. I would bet my entire rifle collection that she is not in agreement with the tone of the article but posted it here to let us know what the "other side" thinks.I would suggest that you think and research before you type.

She is merely passing along information, Nothing More! Just because SOMEONE/ANYONE posts a news article or link to something that might be of interest to hunters, That Does Not Mean They Agree With It.

Since when has trying to keep people that share a similar interest informed became a crime? That is one of the major problems in this country, people do not want to be informed or stay informed, and ANYONE that violates that premise is chastised and branded an enemy. That is pure rubbish!

That is one of the major reasons America is in the shape it is in today, Too Many People Closed Their Minds To What Was Actually Happening, AND REFUSED To Listen To ANYONE Trying To Pass Along Real Information!

Another problem is people read only part of what is written and make a determination on only the part they read or they read it and completely did not understand what was said.Just sayin!!! Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Damn CHC, that's quite an indictment. Are you trying to start another of your long winded arguments?

No Sir, not an indictment at all, just plain fact. This is not the only internet forum I participate on. I see the exact same thing on other sites. Someone posts some information that they feel others might find interesting concerning, as in the case governmental activities that are having a negative impact/or could have a negative impact on hunters.

Unlike4 the MSM or the talking heads they are simply posting the information and not giving an opinion or taking sides. They are merely throwing it out there and letting people draw their own conclusions.

The problem, is that all too many times the person posting the info is taken to task, as in this case, instead of folks just reading or not reading the information, they start out trying to read stuff into the information posted and then begin attacking the person that posted the info.

I know nothing about Kathi other than she posts a lot of useful information, usually on the International/African hunting topic areas. It seems from I have noticed during the time I have been a member of this site that most people are grateful for the information she passes along.

I just find it odd that her motives are being attacked over some information she merely posted on this site, especially since she is not the person that authored the information posted.

Is copying and pasting information going to become a crime on AR?????????????

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I asked her a simple question......"do you agree or disagree with what you posted", knowing I wouldn't get an answer. I see nothing wrong with questions like that, as it makes it easier for me to know who to support, and who not to support. It also seems to me that when someone copies and pastes something on a thread that they, themselves start, I see that as somewhat of an endorsement. Would it be that hard for her to clarify that? Silence says a lot.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think if you would spend a little time looking around, I rarely see Kathi making additional responses on the subjects she posts information about.

It appears she operates a travel agency specializing in hunting related activities.

There could be any number of reasons why she has not responded.

I post a lot of stuff from ARPF on regional sites here in Texas that I have no real opinion on, just merely passing along information.

I just do not agree with the concept that anyone/everyone posting a link or a news article has some real opinion or stance on the issue the article/link is about.

I find lots of things semi-interesting but that does not mean I have formed any sort of stance on the subject of the article or link.