Find
Notify
Tools

Prayers for a Friend
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For those of you that pray.
One of the toughest men I know (which is saying a lot because I'm a Field Boss for the Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice) suffered a stroke recently. Henry McIntyre of Valentine TX, is a Mt. Lion hunter by profession. He guides paying hunters but he also has contracts with a lot of ranches in West TX., to hunt lions.

If you go hunting with Henry you'd better bring your A-game and be in shape because he doesn't care if you're uncomfortable, he is hard to put up with and he curses a lot, even by my standards. BUT, you will most likely kill a lion, and if you don't he'll let you come back again for free. Even though he curses like a sailor, he can quote the Bible verbatim and is a true student of History, which is why we refer to him as The Reverend Doctor. I'd hate to have to fight him and I know what I'm doing, he is notoriously tough even at his age.

Henry's 72'nd birthday is next week and he is doing better but he said he's not going to hunt again until the fall so he's not out in the heat of the summer. Henry can be a lot to put up with but he certainly has my respect and admiration. I hope he heals up and I get to go listen to more of his philosophy.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Heal Up, Hunter
My Dad is a bit younger, and is recovering from a stroke, as well

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39622 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I'll certainly send a few upwards.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ya got mine too. Sounds like a heckova guy!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
prayers sent for your friend.

Posts: 678 | Location: lived all over | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another prayer sent for Henry. I wish him a full recovery with Gods help.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Years ago I chose not to work in an office.
I'm now gainfully unemployed, but I've always worked outside. Can still do a days work at 58. However, living on the gulf coast, where temps in the summer get over 100 and humidity appoaches 100%, I can't tell you how many times I've suffered from heat prostration. I am much more sensitive to it now than when younger so I can relate to your friends health problems. Relate to him that there are a bunch of guys here that are wishing him the best.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We wish him all the best.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here too, we wish him a fast recovery!

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Done.

Willie B

Posts: 398 | Location: Texas | Registered: 27 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Campbell:
For those of you that pray.
One of the toughest men I know (which is saying a lot because I'm a Field Boss for the Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice) suffered a stroke recently. Henry McIntyre of Valentine TX, is a Mt. Lion hunter by profession. He guides paying hunters but he also has contracts with a lot of ranches in West TX., to hunt lions.

If you go hunting with Henry you'd better bring your A-game and be in shape because he doesn't care if you're uncomfortable, he is hard to put up with and he curses a lot, even by my standards. BUT, you will most likely kill a lion, and if you don't he'll let you come back again for free. Even though he curses like a sailor, he can quote the Bible verbatim and is a true student of History, which is why we refer to him as The Reverend Doctor. I'd hate to have to fight him and I know what I'm doing, he is notoriously tough even at his age.

Henry's 72'nd birthday is next week and he is doing better but he said he's not going to hunt again until the fall so he's not out in the heat of the summer. Henry can be a lot to put up with but he certainly has my respect and admiration. I hope he heals up and I get to go listen to more of his philosophy.

My Prayers are sent to the guy in charge for Henry. Hang in there Henry!!! thumb
Don

one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
Wow Ryan,
I hadn't heard that name in Years, I hunted with Henry and Billy Pat Mckinney around 20 yrs ago. He is a true wild west character. We had a great time riding his mules chasing Lions. I was his first hunter to kill a lion with a bow. I'll bet it won't take him long to be back out hunting lions. Tell him we are thinking about him and he will be in our prayers.

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2012 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ryan,

Prayers sent. You are fortunate to have a friend like Henry (he sounds like quite the individual)and he is fortunate to have a friend like you. Wishing him all the best.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Your friend is in mine and Lora's thoughts and prayers.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In my prayers now.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Consider it done.....

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3109 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ryan, for the opportunity to pray for your friend-- Henry sounds like a hoot!

"Lord, please help Henry heal-up to 100%... for your glory... and Henry's good."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good men are hard to find and deserve our prayers. Gods will be done.

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Know that your friend will be in our prayers.

Posts: 121 | Location: Western North Carolina | Registered: 10 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You got it.Hope he gets better soon i know it takes a while to do it but it will happen.Good Luck

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
God Bless both of you! Louis thumb

Posts: 1381 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
prayers sent,

I have a good friend, that is younger than me, he is 48, that suffered multple strokes, on two occasions, several years back. he is recovering from the second bout, and will probably not reach 100%. But given the fact that after four days they pulled the plug, he is doing quite well. Medical science has made leaps and bounds the past few years in stroke treatment. I wish your friend a speedy and full recovery. Get back to huntin Henry!

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote