THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Alright... For fun....pick 2 out of the 3
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alright... For fun....pick 2 out of the 3
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of MuskegMan
posted Hide Post
Oryx! Climbing up a rock wall.

Put in for 'em in the Florida Mtns of New Mex. You can alway hope. Can't draw a tag if you don't play the game.

Posts: 2097 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think your thinking of ibex in florida mts. I already shot my gemsbok oryx in new mexico on the missle range.
Thanks.
WSmiler

Posts: 782 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunt99
posted Hide Post
A life-size pronghorn would be cool but good luck getting a skin that doesn't have massize hair slippage. Skin it immediately and get all fat and flesh off immediately as well.

I hunt to live and live to hunt!

Posts: 299 | Location: Big Sky Country! | Registered: 19 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I doubt I would full body mount any of the above, I just don't have the room.

However, if one of the hunts had some special meaning for me, sure.

Just to put a museum piece in the house, no thanks.

Since you live in Maryland, I suspect that more people would be wondering about a Mulie, especially if you put him next to a roughly similar scoring whitetail.

The Oryx people will recognize as being from somewhere else, and only an experienced hunter will have an idea what it is. the pronghorn everyone will recognize. A mule deer, lots will say "a deer" until they compare to something else and say, gee that's odd...

So from your criteria of "weird" the Mulie and the Oryx.

Posts: 11028 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Personally I'd go for the mule deer and antelope shoulder mounts on a pedestal and the oryx full mount. Or really a shoulder pedestal with some rock.

Posts: 168 | Location: Canada | Registered: 22 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shoulder mounts and use the $$$$ saved on taxidermy to do more hunting.

I agree, I am not a fan of lifesize mounts.

I am more of a bear rug guy too, though they take up entire walls.

Posts: 33 | Location: Lander, Wyoming | Registered: 31 January 2011Reply With Quote