THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM COMBINATION GUNS AND DRILLINGS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Combination Guns And Drillings    Not quite a right and left on fox and roebuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not quite a right and left on fox and roebuck
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Crawling quietly along when I see an old dog fox trotting down the fence. Let him come within 20 yards and gave him a dose of no4s from the 16 bore barrel - he shot off before somersaulting and piling up dead 50 yds further along the fence line. I stood up and saw a nice buck lying up 100 yds in the opposite direction. He was upwind and in amongst some docks and thistles. Could just see his head locking up, but had another fence between me and him. almOst last shooting light, too far from where I was so crawled down to the fence. 50 yds did stand up for a shot of sticks, but he was still lyi g, so another 20 yds to a fence post. Whistled he stood broadside, squeezed front trigger and he too shot off - the shot felt good. Gave him a couple of mins -walked up to where he was standing - lots of frothy blood and lung tissue. Had my nine year old daughter with me - got her to track the blood trail and he was lying stone dead with a 7mm whole through the rib cage. Nice cull buck - too dark for pictures. So gralloched him and a biology lesson before dragging him back to the car.

And I didn't reload between shots - does that count. I am sure the sound of shot doesn't frighten animals. It's the metallic clatter of a reload thats the problem!

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice, and a good experiance for your daughter as well.

There are no fleas on the 9.3s

http://www.blaserbuds.com/forum/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing that with me. Wink

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote