Tools

Some pics of my combination gun
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of muffin
posted

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ya been shootin' that thing lately? Confused Had forgotten how pretty the wood was...doesn't look like the camera translated the browing job very well...

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please enlighten us!

What brand of cape gun is that?

I have a Husqvarna model 17C coming in in about a month or so,

stock is cracked but hopefully not beyond repair but bores are fin except some dark spots, no pitting or rust.

The reason I ask is beacuse the above mentioned capegun is quite similar in apperance.

My model 17C is a 16/65 9,3x57R/360 S&S from sometime around 1900.

I have this notion that eventually all my hunting rifles/guns are supposed to be at least 80 years old and preferably 100 or more.

Currently I have a M98 Husqvarna from 1946 in 9,3x62, a S&S Leige shotgun 12/70 from 1911, a Merkel drilling model 32 12/70+ 7x57R with a replaced stock from ca 1950 and the soon to come model 17C.

For a link to a sister gun of mine and other fine Husqvarna rifles/guns, se link.

http://www.pettsons.net/lefacheux.html

Best regards Christian N

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a Husky Lefacheaux action cape like that one quite some time ago, neat setup. It was a 20/12.17X44R, so basically a .62 and a .50, which made it look fairly balanced. Couldn't get the rifle barrel to shoot right, though.

Posts: 25 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta | Registered: 11 December 2006Reply With Quote