Find
Notify
Tools

223 Rem / 410 shotgun
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted
Do you know of anyone who makes this combo? I have an old friend who has wanted one for many years, but does not want a 20 or 12 gauge.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
As far as I'm aware, no one makes a .410/.223, and only Baikal now make a combination gun with a .410 barrel option (+ .22LR or .22WMR), though s/h Savage Model 24s are available in .410/.22LR.

It's easy enough to shoot .410 from a 20g barrel, however, either by fitting a chamber insert (Lothar Walther) or a skeet tube (Briley, Kolar).

New combination guns with rifle barrels chambered in .223 are available from Baikal, F.A.I.R., Heym, Merkel, Sabatti and Savage.

Clearly a 20g or 12g combination isn't going to be as light as a .410, especially when fitted with a .410 adapter, but it should shoot just as well as a gun with a true .410 barrel.

I hope the above is useful. J.

Posts: 15 | Location: UK | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try the H&R website. www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Combos.barrel3.aspx
They may have something you can use.
Not really a BBF or combination gun per say, but still look to be useful, and in the calibers you are after.

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 333_OKH:
Do you know of anyone who makes this combo? I have an old friend who has wanted one for many years, but does not want a 20 or 12 gauge.

Did your friend say WHY he would want such a combo?

As Julio recommended..... a 410 insert/insert barrel would be the logical choice.

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
He loves the two calibers and already has other gauges and only wants the slimness of these two. He had a 22 hornet rifle with a 410 but it went up in fire and he cannot remember the maker.......Older gentlemen he is!

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I still haven't been able to find a .223/.410 combi, but it occurs to me that you might be interested to hear about a bullpup-style BBF I saw at a show in Nuremberg couple of years ago.

Designed by Anatol Görzen as a survival gun for pilots, and made by Steinkamp, it was offered in .410/.22 Hornet (PG1) or 20g/5.6x50R Magnum (PG2), and could be had in wood or rubber overmolded stocks (picture).

Unfortunately, I have found no subsequent mention of these guns on either the Map or Steinkamp sites, so it is possible that they never went into production.

I was very taken with the design at the time but didn't have the funds to order one, even if they had been available.

Naturally, if I come across a less esoteric solution I'll post the details here. Smiler

Posts: 15 | Location: UK | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Thank you for looking!