THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM COMBINATION GUNS AND DRILLINGS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Combination Guns And Drillings    Hunting with and testing the new Drilling
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting with and testing the new Drilling
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This weekend i am going to try and shoot a turkey and a wild pig with my new Sauer 12x12x30-06 Drilling.
I have not had time to do any reloads, so I have gathered up a few factory loads to try.
I have some winchester 180 and 220 Silvertips that I bought when a local store went out of business a while back. I also bought some of the new Federal Low Recoil loads. These have a 170 grain bullet at 2000 fps. Might be just the thing for use in Africa in Oct for genet, civet caracel etc. Low velocity equals minimal hide damage [I hope, I will shoot a racoon or two to test them out.] And I made a major find yeaterday, I found 6 boxes of Federal loads with the 180 Woodleigh Soft Point. I do not think Federal still loads this bullet, but I killed a black bear with their load and this bullet in my 308.
We will see what shoots closest to the iron sights. i will be fitting a scope in claw mounts after turkey season.
I also will do some slug testing. I have Winchester and Federal regular foster slugs, and some Remington low recoil slugs and 3 different Brenneke Slugs. The KO Sabot 1oz., the Rottweil 1oz., and the Rottweil Mag. Load 1 1/8oz.
I will shoot some buck shot too, I have 4's 1's 0, and 00 as well as some Federal Tactical 00.
I will also pattern the bbls with shot.
The right bbl is full choke the left half choke.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote