The Accurate Reloading Forums
Hunting with and testing the new Drilling

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/335105333/m/685108764

21 April 2006, 00:29
N E 450 No2
Hunting with and testing the new Drilling
This weekend i am going to try and shoot a turkey and a wild pig with my new Sauer 12x12x30-06 Drilling.
I have not had time to do any reloads, so I have gathered up a few factory loads to try.
I have some winchester 180 and 220 Silvertips that I bought when a local store went out of business a while back. I also bought some of the new Federal Low Recoil loads. These have a 170 grain bullet at 2000 fps. Might be just the thing for use in Africa in Oct for genet, civet caracel etc. Low velocity equals minimal hide damage [I hope, I will shoot a racoon or two to test them out.] And I made a major find yeaterday, I found 6 boxes of Federal loads with the 180 Woodleigh Soft Point. I do not think Federal still loads this bullet, but I killed a black bear with their load and this bullet in my 308.
We will see what shoots closest to the iron sights. i will be fitting a scope in claw mounts after turkey season.
I also will do some slug testing. I have Winchester and Federal regular foster slugs, and some Remington low recoil slugs and 3 different Brenneke Slugs. The KO Sabot 1oz., the Rottweil 1oz., and the Rottweil Mag. Load 1 1/8oz.
I will shoot some buck shot too, I have 4's 1's 0, and 00 as well as some Federal Tactical 00.
I will also pattern the bbls with shot.
The right bbl is full choke the left half choke.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY