New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help please on old drilling article
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I recently purchased my first drilling and am looking for information. I recall a very old article by Pierre Pulling,(sp) perhaps in Gun Digest or similar. Can anyone help with info or perhaps a copy. Also any other info on these fascinating guns. I do have the DGJ series.
Thanks for any help
Larry

Posts: 372 | Location: Atlanta.GA | Registered: 07 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I live drillings, and some others here are real authorities on them.

What would you like to ask?

I have that issue around here somewhere. It may take a day or two to find it.

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
luv, I hear you sold Blackfly one of your coveted drillings, how did he manage that feat?

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi luv, I am primarily interested in finding some articles about actually hunting with these guns in the field. I have for years enjoyed using classics but have been more Anglocentric.
My H&H hammer 12 and the AH 450 BPE both take game on a regular basis and I look forward to doing the same with the new one as well.
It's nothing unusual, JP Sauer and Sohn 16x8x57JR hammer from 1921. It's been refinished to a very usable but not original condition.
So I would be grateful on help in hunting down some literature on using these guns in the field.
Thanks
Larry

Posts: 372 | Location: Atlanta.GA | Registered: 07 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He begged...He cried....He peed his pants...And, he bribed me. Big Grin

I'll hunt up another one sometime soon. Anymore, drillings seem to find ME! Eeker

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chief,

I know I have the issue of GD that has an article about drillings. I don't remember exactly the crux of the article, however.