The Accurate Reloading Forums
Help please on old drilling article

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/335105333/m/5911003071

21 January 2012, 06:20
ChiefR53
Help please on old drilling article
I recently purchased my first drilling and am looking for information. I recall a very old article by Pierre Pulling,(sp) perhaps in Gun Digest or similar. Can anyone help with info or perhaps a copy. Also any other info on these fascinating guns. I do have the DGJ series.
Thanks for any help
Larry
21 January 2012, 07:44
luv2safari
I live drillings, and some others here are real authorities on them.

What would you like to ask?

I have that issue around here somewhere. It may take a day or two to find it.
21 January 2012, 18:53
Die Ou Jagter
luv, I hear you sold Blackfly one of your coveted drillings, how did he manage that feat?
21 January 2012, 20:09
ChiefR53
Hi luv, I am primarily interested in finding some articles about actually hunting with these guns in the field. I have for years enjoyed using classics but have been more Anglocentric.
My H&H hammer 12 and the AH 450 BPE both take game on a regular basis and I look forward to doing the same with the new one as well.
It's nothing unusual, JP Sauer and Sohn 16x8x57JR hammer from 1921. It's been refinished to a very usable but not original condition.
So I would be grateful on help in hunting down some literature on using these guns in the field.
Thanks
Larry
22 January 2012, 08:56
luv2safari
He begged...He cried....He peed his pants...And, he bribed me. Big Grin

I'll hunt up another one sometime soon. Anymore, drillings seem to find ME! Eeker
22 January 2012, 08:58
luv2safari
Chief,

I know I have the issue of GD that has an article about drillings. I don't remember exactly the crux of the article, however.