New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accuracy issues with combo gun.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My Blaser BBF97 has an irritating habit, of making it difficult to figure out where your bullets hit. I have been shooting 140 grain Sierras, and decided to play with 130 grain Swifts. This was the first three shots.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

There are no fleas on the 9.3s

http://www.blaserbuds.com/forum/

One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted Hide Post
It's a bitch, isn't it? I have a Merkel 12/30-06 that has the same problem - Not really sure what to do about it other than suffer through...

If you want, you can send it to me and I'll see what I can do wit it over the next couple of seasons.

hang in there...

One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
My 6.5x57 BBF dosen't have that problem. If you go back to the 140's and open that group up a little you stand a better chance of one of your shots hitting that orange target.
The only other alternative would be to adjust your'e scope a little left and then shoot at longer distance. The farther away you are the more open the group is and the chances of hitting something better.

My 6.5 bbf already shoots a little over an inch @ 100 so I can get as close as I want.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Oh Ya B.T.W. nice group.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ron, you should mention that's a 10" orange circle!!! :-)

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
...and shot at 20'... Big Grin Big Grin

Nice shooting...you and the combo gun. Cool

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice group - was each shot from a cold barrel? Do you find your BBf shoots differently depending upon how it is held?

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I usually shoot this rifle with a dead cold barrel, but was not really trying for anything serious, and shot these in about a ten minute space.

There are no fleas on the 9.3s

http://www.blaserbuds.com/forum/

One of Us
Picture of Dom
posted Hide Post
Excellent. My BD880 holds it's own with the 30-06 on successive 2d & 3d shots, but the Hornet will wander each successive shot high and right. Of course, they are not meant to be shooting multiple shots fast. I have shot doubles on wild boar with little time between shots with the 30-06, but seldom get the chance with the Hornet.

Ron, I think it's the caliber more so than the Rifle, Blasers are not known for such accuracy, especially in that caliber Cool Waidmannsheil, Dom.

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom ---------

Posts: 728 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
That's problem that a lot of shooters would be happy to have!
............................................... jumping

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Those Blasers sure are accurate, but do they all shoot an inch and a half to the right?

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's those orange stick on targets, Try a blue target and see if shoots to the left.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good shooting... I have several Valmet 412's with the same problem! lol

DM

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Akshooter:
Maybe it's those orange stick on targets, Try a blue target and see if shoots to the left.

Nope, same for me as well.

The only way to adjust that group is to move the target across about an inch and a half...

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote