Find
Notify
Tools

New to me drilling
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted

It's a Fortuna 16-gauge/70mm over 7x65R, 26-inch (65-centimeter) barrels, 6-3/4 pounds (3 kilograms) without the 2.5x10 Zeiss Davari scope. The scope adds about 1.5 pounds (0.7 kilograms. The gun came with 15 boxes of S&B 7x65R ammo. Now I cann't wait to shoot it.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3813 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice gun! Let us know how you get on with it in the field?

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding gun!!

Perhaps the stock is in need of some TLC?

It looks a bit darkened and dull! Perhaps just the foto!?

Regardless a great gun, a true keeper.

Best regards Christian.

one of us
posted Hide Post
A good combination and a fine scope. Add an insert barrel in 22 Hornet or 5,6x52R and you are unbeatable.

Burkhard

Posts: 438 | Location: Germany | Registered: 15 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Sambar:

If the rain would stop I would take it out and see how it does. If should make a great mountain gun combination for quail and bear.

Christian:

The stock does need refinishing and a new recoil pad as well. I am going to shoot it as is for a while, but will refinish it eventually at which time I will have the checkering re-cut and a new pad added.

Burkhard:

What I would really like to find is a .22 Long Rifle insert for it.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3813 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Big Grin I finally got a chance to shoot my drilling. I is definately a keeper. I places its shots on top of each other in the exact center of the aiming point at 100 meters.