Find
Notify
Tools

VALMET BARRELS
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any one know about fitting valmet barrels.I am
buying a set of 9.3x74 x9.3x74 barrels. they say you are supposed to fit them to the rifle???.

Posts: 1456 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For some reason I had the impression one might need to have the barrels fitted only if they do not function as a "drop in". Where are you buying your double rifle barrel set? Does the seller have more? Good hunting!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, let us know if your seller has any more. maybe a set in .243/12g?

Cheers, Dave
Non Illegitium Carborundum.

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
I believe all Valmet barrels have to be fitted to the gun. Valmet had a Factory sevice center here in Weschester county NY and I brought them my barrels. They always did it while we waited.
I was given a set of Valmet's gunsmith instructions by one of A.R.'s members specifically telling you how to fit the barrels. It appears to be something a decent Gunsmith is capable of.
If you would like a copy PM or E-mail me and I'll mail or fax you a set. If a bunch of people want or need it we'll figure out how to copy and pass it on so it doesn't become a big deal to send out a lot of copies.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
There has been an overwhelming response for the Valmet "Barrel fitting instructions" and the "Owners Manuel". I've sent out more than a few copies. One of the requesters has volunteered to download them and host them for us to get if we need them. I'm in the process of getting them to him. Be patient and keep this thread topped so when it's available we will be able to let you know.
Steve

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
I have offered FoxFire to host the Valmet and Tikka barrel fitting instructions, photos, text whatever.

As a new and enthusiastic owner of a Tikka double I am happy to help with this.

I have set up a thread at this address where the instructions will be posted and displayed once received and uploaded.

Valmet / Tikka barrel fitting instructions

Not loaded yet, but coming soon. I will update this thread and post when they are ready.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
btt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is there anyone that still has a bunch of barrels for sale? I think Cape Outfitters used to.

one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
Quickdraw,
This guy seems to have a steady stock of Valmet guns, barrels and spare parts. I bought a left hand stock from him. Everything went well.
Do a search "Valmet" on his site and his inventory should come up.

Double gun headquarters

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by quickdraw:
Is there anyone that still has a bunch of barrels for sale? I think Cape Outfitters used to.

Cape Outfitters went out of business a few years ago...I bought a set of 12 ga. barrels from the guy who bought out their remaining inventory but do not recall his name. The barrels, what he had left were being sold over on GunsAmerica.com. If I can find the receipt I will post the guys name.

Bob

Posts: 601 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
Here is the link to the newest Valmet distributor. He has also said he's getting rid of the line as soon as he depleat's his inventory. He also show's barrels for sale.

Tri-Star Valmet

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Valmet, Tikka and Fennewerk gunsmithing instructions and Valmet 412 owners manual posted per the link below:

Valmet Gunsmithing and Owners Manuals

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote