New
Find
Notify
Tools

The kind of drilling that I like.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

I really favor these 24" drillings as they handle so well. I have been using the one I have for a long time and it's my favorite.

Here is the link on the one above. It's not my gun.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=39207481

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice gun! Now all I have to do is win the Lotto....

Cheers, Dave.
Non Illegitium Carborundum

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This drilling (Sauer in 16/16/7x57) was the most popular dilling in Germany for centuries. Exact this Sauer Drilling is easy to find to very affordable prices. My smith Jürgen can offer you serval pieces

http://www.lippe-waffen.de

The price level (mostly with an Zeiss diatal 4 or 6 fixed) is unter 2.000 USD. Unfortunatelly the most scopes are mounted with the very expensive claw mounts (Suhler Einhack Montage).

Burkhard

Posts: 438 | Location: Germany | Registered: 15 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Burkhard: I am actually expecting to receive a Ferlacher BBF from your gunsmith in a day or two. You can still see it on the second page in "Gebrauchtes". Have you seen that gun while visiting your gunsmith?

Posts: 217 | Location: Finland | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RTH,
I had the Ferlacher BBF in my hands, and was very close to buy it. The rifle is in very good condition, its an absolutely premium class rifle custom made from one of the best gunsmiths in Ferlach. I think you pay only about 15-20 % the former owner payed.
Congrats, you made a fantastic business.

Burkhard

Posts: 438 | Location: Germany | Registered: 15 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds good beer I'm afraid I won't get it today, so it's gonna be a couple more days' wait.

I must admit that is the first gun that I've bought without having it in my hands first. But the photos and the price tag, and the fact that I have heard only good things about your gunsmith from some other people who have dealt with him, made me think that I should go for this one. DHL should bring it to my home here in Finland early next week. It's gonna be a looooong weekend this time...

one of us
posted Hide Post
I got my Ferlacher BBF today and it looks pretty much like what I expected clap I won't have the chance to shoot it for maybe a week, but so far I'm very happy. The gun has seen some use, but it has been taken good care of. You can see it here for maybe some days more.

I will start with sighting it in and trying some shotgun loads for patterns also. Then I'll probably concentrate on reloading the .22 Hornet and 7x65R, which are both new to me. The .22 Hornet will get into serious work first, since I intend to use it on foxes and racoon dogs during winter. Some day I'll maybe put a bit thicker recoil pad to the stock, since it is a bit too short for me. But the balance and weight make this gun a real pleasure to handle. cheers

one of us
posted Hide Post
JTH,

Congratulations on your new, very nice looking BBF.

Savage,

Yup, those short Drillings are a real crowd pleaser, they handle very well indeed in the small confines of a High Seat, too!

In the past couple of years where the gun industry has now told us that all .270's and whiz bangs have to have 24-26" barrels on them after selling us 22" barrel for years!

The 24" is about all you'll need anyway!

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
About the BBF I have mentioned earlier in this thread... I have so far shot 1 whitetail calf and 8 pheasants with it, using both BBF and shotgun barrel sets.

It has been a real pleasure to handle and the whole combo has filled all my expectations. Only things that seem to take some training to get used to, are the very sensitive trigger for the lower barrel when using the shotgun barrel set (=very good trigger for the rifle barrel) and the tendency of raising the point of impact for 12 cm on each shot with the rifle barrel, when fired without cooling time.

All in all, I think I made a really good deal with this gun, and I am looking forward to making lots of good hunts with it in the future. cheers

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your success with your new gun. Very handy, aren't they?

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote