THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM COMBINATION GUNS AND DRILLINGS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Combination Guns And Drillings    best place for old gun info...need help!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

best place for old gun info...need help!
 Login/Join

posted
While in the North Carolina mountains this weekend, an old timer pulled out a gun he brought back from WWII and asked me to find out some background on it...and I have no idea where to start.

One side is chambered in 45/70 and the other in 16 gauge. It has one line of inscription in German but it is very, very faint. I finally took some pics with a Canon 30D and hope to be able to zoom in enough letter by letter to get a decent translation.

There is some decent engraving on the gun including a pheasant on the bottom of the trigger guard.

Any ideas wher I should go to study the gun and maybe even find a little history once I make out and translate the inscription?

There is no serial number, manufacturuer mark, etc. other than that single line of inscription...

Thanks guys!

Posts: 19 | Location: NC | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try a repost in Double Rifles They'd be able to handle it.

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks, done.

Posts: 19 | Location: NC | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote