New
Find
Notify
Tools

Should I buy this drilling
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My gunssmith has this drilling for sale. I had it in my hands, absolutely ok. But

- 16 gauge (would prefer 12 or 20)
- claw mounts, if I want another scope the claw mounts will cost 500 € + the scope. so does this make sense?

Burkhard

http://www.lippe-waffen.de/index.php?option=content&tas...limit=1&limitstart=0

Posts: 438 | Location: Germany | Registered: 15 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good deal to me. The 6x42 scope on it should be a good one I think I'd buy it and call it good.

You would never find a deal like that on a drilling in the U.S.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What does seller mean by "good condition"??.....that is not "VERY" good, a better shape......and since he states that ZF is "absehen 1".....so why be vague about DRILLING's condition? Also, claw mounts need NOT cost 500 E. If you have Suhler bases already installed in the rib, all you need to do is remove the upper teile from the ZF and transfer to the new ZF, or find new lower bases that will fit both the rib cuts and the upper teile. OR.... look in eGun and find everything you need at a sensible price.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In the US I would prefer 12 or 20ga, but I thought 16 was popular in Germany.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
The scope on the drilling looks like a 6x42 Hensholt. That is a very good scope and was the predecessor to the Zeiss Z series 6x42.
I can't say that there is nothing wrong with the scope without looking at it but if there is then Conifer is right about haveing the basis already on the gun. It makes it a much easier job and if you replace it with a simaler scope with rail mount you may only need to replace the top half of the rear mount.

N.E. 450#2

Hi Tony I see your back in from the deer lease. Did you get any birds. If so and you got them with your drilling you should post some pics here. Or at least tell us about them.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ak Shooter
No birds or pigs this weekend. My brother in law and I were stalking down "Pig Alley" on his birthday and he shot a coyote with his 44 Mag Marlin.
He made a great shot.

I never busted a cap.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scoped and with that rifle caliber, it is an excellent deal. I have a twin to that Hensoldt 6X42 Diatal scope sitting here on my desk, and it is a very good scope.

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you are looking for a classic drilling, that's what you will get: 16 gauge and claw mounts.
Nothing wrong with both.
Does the scope only have vertical adjustment, left-right adjustment by support screws? I'd look for a newer 1.5x6x42 with the same rail dimensions.

Fuhrmann

Posts: 110 | Location: Switzerland, Zug area (but German by birth...) | Registered: 19 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like an excellent buy to me. The 16 guage drillings have far nicer lines than a 12 guage drilling. Alles Gute

Posts: 159 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: 15 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just telephoned with my gunsmith, for buying the drilling - too late its just sold.

Lets look for the next drilling occasion, which is not very difficult in Germany.

Maybe one day I will find a Krieghoff NEPTUN drilling with 3 looks my dreams.

Burkhard

Posts: 438 | Location: Germany | Registered: 15 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Sorry you missed out on the drilling. Deals like that don't last long.

I agree with the Dr. my 16 ga drilling dose have much nicer lines than my 12 ga.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

one of us
posted Hide Post
Couldn't help noticing the Mauser 98 above the drilling on the same page. With that scope and the quick mounts that is a bargain - and a good looking one too!

Posts: 217 | Location: Finland | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
JTH

On my many trips tp Germany I have always found incredible deals on used guns. The used gun market there seems to be on the side of the buyer.

I'm sure there would be a mountain of paperwork to buy one there and then bring it back to the U.S. but if you were looking for a double rifle or anything that would be really expensive you could buy a ticket to Germany and shop for your gun and still come out ahead.

It would all probably be easier for you since I belive that your country and Germany are both in EU

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

one of us
posted Hide Post
Akshooter

I agree, the prices are really attractive in Germany and even Sweden just next to Finland offers great deals on drillings and double rifles.

I have actually bought one gun from that very shop. Didn't even go to Germany, I found the beauty Ferlacher BBF/BDF-combo from those pages and sorted it all out by emails and additional photos. Since we both are EU countries, I only needed one extra document, an import permit for the gun. Everything worked out smoothly and I am happy with the deal.

Now I just need to keep myself from making further inquiries about that Mauser since I really don't need it at the moment. Roll Eyes

Posts: 217 | Location: Finland | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Burkhard:
Just telephoned with my gunsmith, for buying the drilling - too late its just sold.

Lets look for the next drilling occasion, which is not very difficult in Germany.

Maybe one day I will find a Krieghoff NEPTUN drilling with 3 looks my dreams.

Burkhard

Make that a Neptun Primus while you are dreaming... dancing

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote