New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 584 12Ga/223 Combo
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know anything about these CZ 584 rifle/shotgun combo's.

I've got a CZ bolt rifle in 22LR and am very pleased with it. Fit & finish are great and it is extremely accurate, especially with the single set trigger. I'm considering getting one of the CZ 584 combo's in 12Ga/223Rem and if they are of the same quality as the CZ bolt rifles I'm thinking it would be a good coyote calling rig to have.

Thanks
firstshot
Make your first shot count.

Posts: 213 | Location: North West Arkansas | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'day First Shot, check your PM. I would make one correction to the tab data posted by CZ though. The 584 series has an extractor only, for the rimless cartridges, not an ejector as claimed.
Perhaps a misunderstanding in the translation to English?

Cheers, Dave.

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sambar 9.3:
G'day First Shot, check your PM.
Cheers, Dave.

Done

firstshot

Posts: 213 | Location: North West Arkansas | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is a very strong spring on the rimless models, but at least they do extract the cases 100% of the time, unlike most of the others i have seen or used.
Which is why I ordered my Blaser 95BBF in 7x57R/12g, just to avoid that problem (and introduced a new one, finding the ammo!).

Cheers, Dave.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is CZ the same as BRNO?? I have a BRNO 7.57R x 12 ga O/U combination that is VERY-well built, accurate and a pleasure to shoot.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sort of, they are made by the same manufacturers but the CZ 584's and the BRNO 300 series are different guns. Does your gun have the rifle BBL as the top or bottom BBL?
The guns with the rifle BBL on top are the 300 series, which have an odd trigger arrangement.

Cheers, Dave.

one of us
posted Hide Post
bottom

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, it's not a 300 series, it could be then BRNO version of the 584 series. I'm not certain, but one of the gunshop owners thinks it could be the BRNO super express BBF.
Is your gun a sidelock?

Cheers, Dave.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nope....not a sidelock.....I will check it tomorrow and reply with model....I vaguely recall "500", but am unsure.
These are common in Germany. I bought it on a German web-site, where I have seen many of this model available.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Conifer,
The CZ 584 rifle/shotgun combo is a well made O/U combination gun. It is not the same as any other CZ, or Brno for that matter. As far as I know, it is no longer made so if you can find a new one, count yourself lucky. By some it is considered one of the strongest O/U ever made. There are a lot of them floating around in Europe, but you don't see that many in North America. As a curiosum: A few years back there was a "CZ 584 Stopper" O/U double rifle made in 458WM. I heard that only 5 or 6 made it over here. If it had been chambered for a rimmed cartridge (450NE?) it might have been a success.

Vasa

Posts: 78 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 28 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a CZ 7x57/12 ga that is very nice. I also have a BRNO 7x57 O/U. Both guns are accurate but heavy for caliber. If you add a scope they get unwieldy. The combo gun also came with a 22lr insert for the shotgun bbl.
The 7x57 is perfectly regulated for S&B ammo and shoots both barrels into 2" for 6 shots.
It is nice w/o a scope but I need one to see at my age.

Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Fla | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted Hide Post
Do you know if CZ still make these combi guns. I have been on the website but cant seem to find them on there?

Posts: 596 | Location: Cheshire, England | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The information I had said they were discontinued in 02 but who knows for sure. The BRNO website was no longer up the last time I looked.
CZ-USA I don't think ever listed them. They were imported by Euro Arms in California in the early 90's and he still had some a few years ago but he's gone too now.

Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Fla | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dr

I checked with the CZ importer in the Uk and they have been discontinued. I have found a possible alternative in the Finn 512 Classic but they are £900 so are more expensive than the CZ

Posts: 596 | Location: Cheshire, England | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I tried to order a CZ 584 from my local gun store in Northern California a couple of years ago and they were not able to find one for me. A couple of months later I was in Anchorage on business and found a new one at Great Northern Guns and had them ship one to my dealer in Calif. It is a 3006 12 ga combo. It is a very nice combo. Much better than the POS Bakai I had before. As of about two years ago Great Northern Guns had several of these for sale. I do not have their contact info but they are no Tudor in Anchorage.

Posts: 25 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Firstshot - Not sure if you are still interested, but I got a 12 gauge over 7x65 Rimmed (Essentially a 280 Remington, Norma loads ammo) at my gun store in the SF Bay Area. Store was Canyon Sports at (925)229-4867

Posts: 8 | Location: Occupied California | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote