Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What is your opinion on the Blaser B95?
I was offered one at a bargain recently in 12-70/30-06

Posts: 223 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: 16 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They shoot usually very well and have OUTSTANDING non-set triggers and manual cocking, no safety. Couldn't imagine a safer gun, if you get it at a good price, go for it!

Mine is also 30/06/12 gauge, I recently acquired another sets of barrel in 9,3x74 R that shoots equally well. I had a insert barrel installed in .22 Hornet which gives you farther reach for small game than the large bullet, even though there is nothing you wouldn't be able to whack well with the 30/06.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you like Blasers and Don't belong to BLASERPRO.COM you need to.

Posts: 1456 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really like mine, for the 'mixed bag' type of hunting I tend to do, it works very, very well.
Never more than a selection of trigger away from the cartridge I need, for anything from rabbits, foxes or ducks, to deer.
If you can get one at a good price, I don't think you will regret it, but a lot depends on your style of hunting.

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

Thanks for your comments. I bought the BBF 95, Kakles 3-12x65 LP ands Blaser mounts included.
I really likethe way the gun feels.

I read on the Blaser site that barrels can be adjusted to the same point of impact when you want to use slugs

Does this mean you zero in for the smooth, top barrel and adjust the rifled barrel to the scope?

Is this a difficult procedure?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I happen to have (somewhere on my system) the gunsmith instructions from Blaser. Let me know or send a PM if you want it.

Anyway, before starting to fumble go to teh range and give it a try with different slugs.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, it's not difficult at all. You are correct, you zero (with slugs) the top BBL, and then remove the fore end, exposing the ring through which the lower BBL passes. There are allen key grub screws which are used to adjust the lower BBL point of impact.

Mine was out by all of 2" (to the right) at 100m, since that is plenty close enough for me, I just left it the way it was, and zeroed the scope to the rifle BBL.

Is yours one of the steel shot proofed guns?

Cheers, Dave.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Duk,

Yes, I would be interested in these instructions and so might other BBF95 owners be!
So I would be glad if you posted them in this thread

Sambar, my 95 is a 12-70, so not steelshot proofed. Over here the use of steelshot is compulsary when hunting and clay shooting and it is used in many guns that were not proofed for it. Manufacturors keep the pressure of their cartridges down to be able to use them in any modern shotgun.
I think I will have the barrel threaded for choketubes, since it is full choked for the use of lead shot

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good move. One of the older 95's I know of has been fitted with the Brierly thin walled chokes and with the Imp Cyl choke installed patterns very well.
I ran into the owner at duck season opening, and watched him take his limit with the gun. Not bad for, what is after all, a single BBL shotgun.

Cheers, Dave.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a copy of the instructions for adjusting Blaser Saddlemounts?

one of us
posted Hide Post
reindeer
On the QD lever mount you adjust the screw until it takes firm thumb pressure to close the levers.
Firm smooth pressure, not thumb hurting pressure.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote