Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charles Daly Combo guns
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone on here had any experience with the Charles Daly line of over under combo guns? I am considering buying one of these in either a combo or the over under 30-06 express rifle. But before I buy I would like to find someone who knows something about the line. The cost is not bottom line like some I have seen, so I would hope there would be some quality in them, but I havent found a lot of info from first hand users. Thanks in advance for any help given.

Posts: 42 | Location: columbia, sc | Registered: 20 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Find a good Valmet 412 or Tikka 512 instead. The Charles Daleys are OK, but if not well regulated, it could cost you as much as you paid for the Daley to have it sorted out. You can regulate the Valmet/Tikka yourself.

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What luv2safari said. The only comboguns I know off (help out if anyone can think of another), are the Valmet, the Kreighoff, and the Blaser.
These vary from inexpensive (the Valmet), to a lot of $$$ (the Kreighoff).

Cheers, Dave.

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are Kettner, Sabatti (spelling??), BRNO, Winchester (Italian-made), Merkel, Sauer, Fortuna, Simson, Heym, Schuler, numerous Ferlach makers, Zoli, numerous Suhl makers, Atlas, ....and certainly others.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the good info. I'll keep looking and see what I can come up with. I'll check out the models suggested. Thanks again.

Posts: 42 | Location: columbia, sc | Registered: 20 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
But which ones can be regulated by the user?
Valmet 412/512 and Blaser 95/97 for sure, Krieghoff in certain models.
What about the others?

Cheers, Dave.

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always thought that the Winchester 101 combinations and o/u rifles were made in Japan.

Jeff

Posts: 993 | Location: Omaha, NE, USA | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 260remguy:
I always thought that the Winchester 101 combinations and o/u rifles were made in Japan.

Jeff

Italy. The O/U shotguns were/are made in Japan,

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who in Italy made the Winchester 101 Grand Europeans, Zoli?

Jeff

Posts: 993 | Location: Omaha, NE, USA | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't remember....but I think so.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by conifer:
quote:
Originally posted by 260remguy:

Jeff

Italy. The O/U shotguns were/are made in Japan,

Conifer, the Winchester O/U double rifles, and combonations guns were made in JAPAN! I have a Grand Europian 9.3X74R double rifle in my lap as I type this post. The rifles, and combos were all made in the same plant as the Winchester 101 shotgun. They were all made by OLIN-KODENSHA facility in Japan!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote