THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM COMBINATION GUNS AND DRILLINGS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Combination Guns And Drillings    Well, Game season now over - now for the Pigeons!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, Game season now over - now for the Pigeons!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Have had a wonderful few months using the Drilling as my 'go to' gun for bird shooting.

It is fairly tight choked, so with a friend's help, we loaded up some 16 gauge shells with spreader wads.

Damn, they actually work! Smiler It has made my shooting vastly more successful (I'm a rifle user as opposed to a wing-shooter) and now we are off to do battle with our roosting pigeons.

Even Jo's spaniels have been getting better and better - as you can see, the Sprocker has got the theory, now for the practical work! Smiler

Meanwhile, the 7x57r has been doing excellent work on the Fallow & Roe does - now the buck season is due here in the UK, morning Roe outings will be on the cards.

How could anyone not NEED a Drilling? Smiler

Keep well guys & keep those Combi reports coming in!

Rgds

Ian Smiler

Just taking my rifle for a walk!........

Posts: 1306 | Location: Devon, UK | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well done.

Like you, I do not see why everybody does not have at least one Drilling...

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great Post!

I'll take Sprocker...where do I sign. Big Grin

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a lot of fun - I bet though it raised a few eyebrows on more formal type shoots. It seems to do everything you need so you can empty the gun cabinet of everything else.

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
But not soon forgotten.

Eduard Kettner 16/8X57JR

[/IMG]

Tried to post pic but it didn't work

"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
Mark Twain

Posts: 663 | Location: Texas | Registered: 04 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
Well done.

Like you, I do not see why everybody does not have at least one Drilling...

At LEAST one, but better the essential 3 or 4. Why not? After all, they are "investments". Roll Eyes

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote