Find
Notify
Tools

Collath drilling.....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi all

I am looking at a drilling from 1924, made by Collath, but I really do not know anything about that maker, action/lock.

How is it? Good?
All information and help is good for me.

The drilling is in 16/65 and 2 rifles in 8*57IRS

Cheers all
Vegard_dino

Posts: 316 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vegard_dino:
Hi all

I am looking at a drilling from 1924, made by Collath, but I really do not know anything about that maker, action/lock.

How is it? Good?
All information and help is good for me.

The drilling is in 16/65 and 2 rifles in 8*57IRS

I have 2 of them Vegard. They are very strong & very well made. They are also dependable guns with the cocking done by the opening lever. The recessedm chambers make a very tight & strong seal. I've examined quite a few of them and never seen a loose one. These are fairly recent aquisitions and rthe first ones I've owned. About the only thing I don't care for is that winged safety on top. The rifle slector is very convenient in front of the "rifle" trigger. They are generally a little heavier than std boxlock type drillings. But I like a heavy gun.
It's interesting that the one you're looking at has "s" rifle bores and a short shotgun chamber. But that was the period when they were still making 65mm chambers. It's easy to stretch it out though. Just a little tricky with the recessed chamber.
Let us know if you get it.
Greg

"You can lead a horticulture, ... but you can't make 'er think" Florida Gardener

Posts: 808 | Location: N. FL | Registered: 21 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Greg

Thank you for the reply and info.

Will try and post some photo´s here of it.

IF I take it, I will keep the shotgun 65, hard to find ammo today, but I am more thinking of reloading, so maybe it will be no problem.

Cheers all
Vegard_dino

Posts: 316 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With Quote