THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM COMBINATION GUNS AND DRILLINGS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Combination Guns And Drillings    Installing Modern Scope on Guns with Existing Claw Mount Bases
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Installing Modern Scope on Guns with Existing Claw Mount Bases
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
EAW has developed a technique for installing their swing mount scope system and modern scopes onto guns with existing claw mount bases. The cost is about $350 plus two hours labor. Here is the link:

http://www.eaw.de/eaw/webkatalog/EAW%20SEM-SM%20E.pdf

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2144 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of my German gunsmith friends has been doing this. It's pretty good I guess, but has a high rear base that interferes with the sight plane for me when using it as a shotgun.

Claw mount rings can be fitted to existing bases pretty easily by someone who nows what they're doing EAW makesblank rings in 1" & 30mm also. I've made them by just milling the rough blank from high (or XH) Leupold rings & then hand fitting them. It's pretty tedious but not that difficult for someone with a good back & eyes Smiler And you can get the scope very low, if you use a straight tube like the burris 1.5-5X (as shown here) or a 1.75-5X VXIII Leupold.
Greg

"You can lead a horticulture, ... but you can't make 'er think" Florida Gardener

Posts: 808 | Location: N. FL | Registered: 21 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brayhaven,

You have a PM regarding the above picture

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote